[Louisiana] alligators, hurricanes, and POPEYES CHICKEN!!!1!

I wanna make the trip to Laf soon. It would have to be on a Saturday. Can we set something up?

@ Barkels , just post when you wanna come down (only speaking for the LC crew here) and we can make it out to EGL on a saturday.

@evilbuho , already registered :D. Still up in the air as to whether i can make it. Got some friends in Conroe , trying to get ahold of them for a place to crash and have a few other things to settle out.

@Barkels I'm down for any Saturday as well. Just pick one and I'll be there. Assuming that the other Lafayette guys show up and Lake Charles guys, we should have enough people to run a proper tournament.

@BloodMoon Did you ever play in any tournaments for Soul Calibur 2 in the Lake Charles mall? My friends and I went to a couple out there. IIRC, Berry from Baton Rouge won one of them and I don't remember the other...

March 31st. I can be there around 12pm-2pm. How's that sound?
I can do that as well.

@MotherPuncher83 , nah, i didn't make it to any of the arcade tourneys .. hit quite a few at the local game stores cause i was more comfortable on console at the time, by the time i learned to play on an arcade stick im not sure if they even hosted them anymore at the arcade.

Well alright. I havent fought Berry since SC3 days. He made the trip up here with some friends once. We had a killer time.

Ah, that's cool. I used to play Berry and his group in SC2 all the time. I haven't talked to him in a couple years, I'm pretty sure he doesn't play anymore.

David aka Furiath aka Xsniper is from that Baton Rouge group. He still plays. He's in those videos from Battle of the South on page 4 of this thread. I've played him online a couple times. He's a really solid. I'll tell him about the tournament at EGL on Saturday.

heh, yea i know David. he has always been solid. hes very good at punishing. he put me in the losers bracket then Stone finish me off. would be great to have him there. i'll msg him on psn as well.

I completely forgot this exsisted. Are we still kicking up dust in Lafayette? I'm in Houston right now, so I'll be playing in Planet Zero's weekly on Wednesday. Brough Xiba to the lab with Yoshi, so I'm hoping I'll be a little bit more prepared this time around.

@Kris - I really need your number, man. We've been having lost communication the past couple times we've tried to play. Not to poke fun cause I know your Ivy/Pyrra can still beat me 60%, but what about that Maxi patch? eh? eh? ;)

@Barkels - You're welcome to come and hang out for some games at my place if you're ever in town.

That actually goes out to the rest of you, as well. If you guys would rather have a living room to sit down, play, discuss, and drink some brews while playing; I'm totally down to offer up my place. It seems we have at least a solid 4 people that are willing to gather up. I'm good on weekdays after 5pm (If I'm in town) and anytime on the weekends. Let me know if there's interest.

Lafayette is gonna be our meeting point. Its about 90 mins away from Alexandria. I suppose we are meeting halfway.

@VincentVanBro - Thx for the offer. I"ll be at Texas Showdown. See ya then if not sooner.

@Kris I'll be in town. Hopefully we'll have a turn out that just doesn't consist of just us. Nick won't be able to make this one, either :/.

How many people are going to TX Showdown from La? I'm on the fence about going cause I don't know how work is gonna play out, but if enough of are willing to go we can pull together for a carpool/room.

Gentlemen, I have started doing something I thought I never would - Just Guarding.

I played in Houston's weeklies last night and got in about 2 hours worth of friendlies with the locals. Matches started to be a who-could-be-the-flashiest contest and we started attempting the throw JG in the mix. The result was awesome. JG Phyrra's unblockables, Voldo's mix ups, and Astaroth's combos. It's still not 100% (not even close, actually) to viability, but there is now a issue I feel like we have to address: monitors/TV's used.

I used to agree that a monitor's/TV's MS response time didn't matter or wasn't that big of a deal for SC, but with the change in mechanics it may be time to start investing in 2ms monitors to use for serious play. I'm really trying hard to sound pretentious about it, but it makes a hell of a difference when trying JI, JG or anything else that is frame specific.

I agree with you. I sometimes play on a friend's small lcd tv and the input lag is crazy. It feels like i'm playing a shitty online connection when I'm offline. At my house, I play on a 42 inch plasma which has very little to no input lag. I don't feel it at all. That being said, I think the tvs at EGL are pretty good. I THINK i noticed a little lag the last time I was there, but it definitely wasn't enough to bother me.

I hope everyone is still planning on going to EGL tomorrow. I'll be there sometime between noon and 2 pm since that's when Barkels said he'd show up.

thx! it was fun. i'm sure you have seen the results by now. didnt do as well as I wanted to but i learned a lot from it. just gonna have to train harder.

Back