Madison SCV Tourney #1 Results 2/4/12

Are you saying that I don't have fundamentals in any SC game?! >:(
That's not what I said, but I would agree with that statement. You've been playing the series in a competitive setting for about a decade, and you've only barely advanced to the level where you regularly use the block button.

OOOooooooh, Buuuuuuurn!

In all seriousness, gamers seem to mix hours played with skill acquired. That's not true because those that spend hours efficiently are the ones that are the best. Anyways, I'm watching you fools all the way from th eEast Coast!

That's not what I said, but I would agree with that statement. You've been playing the series in a competitive setting for about a decade, and you've only barely advanced to the level where you regularly use the block button.

I do agree that she has a hard time with blocking (admit I do myself). But I will say THERE IS THE RIGHT WAY and THE WRONG WAY to say things like this. Metallix is already has very little self-esteem and self-worth. You and a few others in the community are not helping right now by elitist gamer snobs about her play style. This could have been said in another way. Instead of a hurtful way.

I know I'm new and this probably isn't my place, but as someone who interacts with elitist snobs day in and day out on various games, the DotA type games having the worst, what was said was not really mean. It was pretty clear cut as just a matter of fact statement. Saying "you really haven't improved much past this level of doing this" is a far call from "you suck so bad, just give it up already".

Telling someone they're not very good is a heavy handed job as is because there's almost no way to do it without feelings somewhere being injured. The responsibility of how to handle it rests on the shoulders of those receiving the criticisms, not those giving them. I don't want to be all that rash, but I fail to see how these were malicious attacks with the intent to hurt, and not just unfortunate truths being muttered almost apprehensively.

Just my two cents.

I know I'm new and this probably isn't my place, but as someone who interacts with elitist snobs day in and day out on various games, the DotA type games having the worst, what was said was not really mean. It was pretty clear cut as just a matter of fact statement. Saying "you really haven't improved much past this level of doing this" is a far call from "you suck so bad, just give it up already".

Telling someone they're not very good is a heavy handed job as is because there's almost no way to do it without feelings somewhere being injured. The responsibility of how to handle it rests on the shoulders of those receiving the criticisms, not those giving them. I don't want to be all that rash, but I fail to see how these were malicious attacks with the intent to hurt, and not just unfortunate truths being muttered almost apprehensively.

Just my two cents.

No, you've absolutely said it in the best way possible. Sometimes it takes a new face to get a fresh perspective. I agree with this sentiment 100%

I know I'm new and this probably isn't my place, but as someone who interacts with elitist snobs day in and day out on various games, the DotA type games having the worst, what was said was not really mean.
Do you, perchance, play League of Legends? I've been taking a short break from it for the past few weeks but I'll be back at it soon enough. Boolean Fiasco on there and Elokim in the DOTA2 beta. Hit me up!

Do you, perchance, play League of Legends? I've been taking a short break from it for the past few weeks but I'll be back at it soon enough. Boolean Fiasco on there and Elokim in the DOTA2 beta. Hit me up!

You addict, you.

OOOooooooh, Buuuuuuurn!

In all seriousness, gamers seem to mix hours played with skill acquired. That's not true because those that spend hours efficiently are the ones that are the best. Anyways, I'm watching you fools all the way from th eEast Coast!

I DON'T APPRECIATE YOUR INSENSITIVE, CHILDISH COMMENT to Metallix!

It's already bad enough that she is getting this unwanted, unnecessary crap from local players SHE DOESN'T NEED IT FROM YOU TOO!

Don't be so sensitive. The guy was obviously joking around, and he offered some good advice on perspective and practice. Healthy gamer communities mix constructive criticism with playful trash talk.

Yeah I play LoL. Used to play HoN and DotA, once I get an invite to DotA2 or it comes out I'll pick that up. I also mix it up with Super Monday Night Combat which is a third person shooter's take on the genre, it's in closed beta but you should be able to still get in by just googling it. Rignite's pretty much the name I just use for everything lol, had it forever.

Do you think everyone "appreciates" you creating drama by acting the holier than thou white knight for a cause unnecessary to ravenously defend? It's cool that you're so willing to throw up your shield when you feel your friends have been wronged, but you're bring a bastard sword to cut some fruit man. Dial that back a bit, throw back a beer, smoke a bowl, do a manta, whatever you do to find your chill place, and then revisit the situation. Your heart's here but you left your head back in Monterray buddy.

I DON'T APPRECIATE YOUR INSENSITIVE, CHILDISH COMMENT to Metallix!

It's already bad enough that she is getting this unwanted, unnecessary crap from local players SHE DOESN'T NEED IT FROM YOU TOO!

Hey, I didn't know about her low self-esteem, but I was just joking like PhilBond said. She should get some therapy to improve it. I know it's hard since healthcare sucks in the US, but it's unhealthy to mix bad psychology with games. You could end up as a game addict or an Idra (http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/IdrA).

I think after all the debates and the time for ppl to cool off, I think it's best if this thread were to be closed. It's time to focus on our next tournament. This extra baggage is over. We shouldn't take offense to comments that were obviously meant to be jokes, they were meant to be just that, jokes, to lighten the mood.

I think it's best for everyone to just chillax and to within a given time in these next few weeks to just take everything into perspective and to give themselves a reality check of what one can improve on.

WARNING: Anything that disrupts or causes any huge disruption within our group/group dynamic will be considered a threat to our Madison, WI Soul Calibur Community and will be handled accordingly. I will gladly refund the fee of any member that we, the community members deem to adversely affect our people. Let's hope it never comes to that bc I really do not want to do that, so do not ever make me do that. Think of it like Vash having to decide between his ideals or saving Meryl and Millie in the episode with Legato. Understand now? GOOD!!!

Back