[Mar 2, 2012] FINAL ROUND XV (Atlanta, GA)

This^ My pad has had it's battery removed as well and can only work if it's connected with the usb.
So this means i can indeed use it here?
Yes you can use it sir. Just make sure you demo it to the person running the pool so you don't get dq'ed. Once you demostrate that the battery has be removed you are cool!

During FINAL ROUND XV The hotel wireless internet is not free, but we have it at a reduce rate for those that have reserved a room under the FINAL ROUND GROUP. The wireless internet rate is $5.95 per day in your room under the Final Round group. Please make sure you recieve the correct rate if you order it for your room.

Damn, I was thinking about going to this event cause it looks hype, but I can barely play at all without the standard PS3 pad. Oh well, maybe next year Evo will decide to not be so uptight.

Having to have it plugged in all the time in my experience causes more problems than just using the wireless controller normally, but if it's really THAT easy to do I'll look into it. This seems like much ado about nothing anyway.

Thank god I just randomly decided to take a glimpse at this thread. I would have been pissed had I made it to this only to realize I couldn't use a standard PS3 controller. I thought this rule wad put in place solely for Evo because of its scale. Does this apply to winter brawl as well cause I'm going but never looked into this and its this weekend?

@animefreak: would u mind enlightening me on how to remove the battery by any chance.

Damn, I was thinking about going to this event cause it looks hype, but I can barely play at all without the standard PS3 pad. Oh well, maybe next year Evo will decide to not be so uptight.

This is the standard I choose to use because i've been doing this for 15 years and wireless pads are a real problem during tournament play. A lot of matches have to be reset due to someone being unselfish and not taking the proper time to desync the controller. I'm warning people of this rule because I know people don't like to read the rules on my website. Hell they don't even want to look through this small 8 page thread to find the answers. I'm not on the staff of Evolution, but I doubt that rule will ever change. So I would advise people to be properly prepared. The good news we will have stick/pad mod people on the main floor that will take the battery out for you. I don't know what they charge, but that is an option.

Thank god I just randomly decided to take a glimpse at this thread. I would have been pissed had I made it to this only to realize I couldn't use a standard PS3 controller. I thought this rule wad put in place solely for Evo because of its scale. Does this apply to winter brawl as well cause I'm going but never looked into this and its this weekend?

@animefreak: would u mind enlightening me on how to remove the battery by any chance.

A) I'm glad you glimpse in the thread also because I would want you to be pissed while attending FRXV.
B) It's not just for evo. Other events have adopted this rule, but it is up to the organizer if they are going to adopt the rule or not.
C) I'm not sure if it applies to Winter Brawl, but if I was you I would look it up and not assume anything. If you have a question Big E would be happy to help you. Either him or Hubbs could answer that question for you, but remember every tournament is different. As of right now There is no STANDARD everyone must follow. I have had problems with wireless pads during past FINAL ROUND EVENTS so I choose to follow the EVO ruleset on wireless controllers to eliminate the problem.

There's only 3 days left until the FINAL ROUND GROUP RATE of $93 per night is gone! At this moment they are out of double bed rooms. They only have king size bed rooms available now. Deanna Judkins : Sales Manager at The Westin
770-395-3902
Please call between 9am-4pm est Monday--Friday to reserve your room.

If anyone has be told over the phone that the rooms for the Final Round group rate are sold out and was forced to reserve a room at another rate then please notify me and call Mrs. Judkins to get your reservation corrected. Thank you for your support

YOU ONLY HAVE 6 DAYS LEFT TO REGISTER ONLINE FOR FINAL ROUND XV! To register online please goto http://www.finalround.org/FRXV/registration.cfm
IF YOU DON'T REGISTER ONLINE, YOU MUST REGISTER AT THE EVENT ON FRIDAY MORNING, MARCH 2!
IF YOU DON'T REGISTER ONLINE OR AT THE EVENT ON FRIDAY MORNING, MARCH 2, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO COMPETE!
There's only 17 days and 14 hours until THE HYPE COMETH!!!

Having to have it plugged in all the time in my experience causes more problems than just using the wireless controller normally, but if it's really THAT easy to do I'll look into it. This seems like much ado about nothing anyway.
Trust me plugging in your controller everytime has NEVER been more trouble than having to spend 10 minutes on figuring out if it was a random pause or if it was a pause by some one that didn't desync the wireless controller. There is a pause rule that will give the person that pause the game a lost of that round. if the pause happen in the final round then they would be sent to the losers bracket. if that happens in the losers bracket and it's your last round you could be eliminated from the tournament so making sure the homebutton pause didn't happen because of a malfunction is key in any tournament that has that rule.

If you find out that the pause is due to someone not desyncing their pad after completing their match you have to TRY to figure out if they should restart the whole match over or should they start the match at the same life and same time the game got paused. It's not just the pause that causes the problem. It's the crap that follows that adds 5-10 minutes to a tournament. If you get 1 or 3 that's not bad but when you get like 3 per hour that is freaking nightmere.

By all means this is not me telling other events to follow what Evo rules are to the letter. Every event has it's on ruleset that suits what they are doing and what is best for their event. I choose to follow that Evo rule because it will eliminate a huge problem in past Final Rounds.

I am definitely going to need to take a battery out or at least share with somebody on here. PS1 pad's shoulder buttons are awful for the JF binds I use right now.

By the way, I bought my badge and SCV admission with my old address without thinking-- you guys don't actually mail it out do you? It's a pickup?

I am definitely going to need to take a battery out or at least share with somebody on here. PS1 pad's shoulder buttons are awful for the JF binds I use right now.

By the way, I bought my badge and SCV admission with my old address without thinking-- you guys don't actually mail it out do you? It's a pickup?
No we don't mail them out. You pick them up at the door sir. I'll see you in 16 days!

Back