Mardrinx's Original CaS Characters

Mardrinx

[09] Warrior
Well i was pretty bored the other day, so i decided to make some CaS and i like the way they turned out. I took my time with them and wanted to know what you guys think about them. I'm gonna create some more soon and might even come up with a story for them if i have the time to. Well check them out! ~Criticism is appreciated~ ^__^

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_2.png
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ.png
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_7.png
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_22.png
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_9.png
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_8.png

Kuya Mercado
Birthplace: Phillipines
Family: Deceased

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_5.png
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_6.png
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_7.png
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_21.png
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_19.png
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_11.png

Leon Clayworth
Birthplace: London

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_16.png
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_12.png
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_17.png

Rina
Birthplace: Phillipines
Family: Deceased

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_18.png
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_14.png
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_13.png

Princess Siara
Birthplace: London
Family: Father-King Perdue

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_25.png
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_24.png
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_23.png

Dalton Elias
Birthplace: Paris

Haha i tried hard to make him look realistic, well sort of... He's my favorite character so far

The way Kuya's outfit is built sort of reminds me of Jecht from FFX. I like it.

Leon's great too. He proves that the Wonder Jacket can be awesome when used properly.

I'll wait until you're done editing Rina to judge her, though.

The way Kuya's outfit is built sort of reminds me of Jecht from FFX. I like it.

Leon's great too. He proves that the Wonder Jacket can be awesome when used properly.

I'll wait until you're done editing Rina to judge her, though.

Yea i really liked Jecht's design, i was actually trying to make him before, but i got off track messing with the CaS parts and Kuya was born lol. I actually forgot that he had similarities to Jecht for a while.

Leon was actually created pretty quick but i liked how he turned out. I was trying for a strong, mature, and royal character and i think i did a pretty good job on him.

An update on Rina should be up in a couple hours, after im done doing my homework :P

Thanks for the feedback, i feel quite honored coming from somebody with high quality CaS

Kuya: Perfect, can't fault him.
Leon: Dear god, I called the wonder jacket 'fugly' and now everyone's out to prove me wrong O_o Very nicely done, especially since it's usually considered a female piece. Classy design!
Rina: Hmmm... like you said, it's good but just short of being a great design. Imo, you could look into the top and change either the entire top or the pattern there.
But very good! I look forward to more ^_^

Haha thank you, i spent hours on Kuya to make sure he was perfect XD. And i didn't know the Wonder Jacket was so bad? But i guess i did a good job on it lol. Thanks for the idea with Rina, im trying to think of something that will make her unique, maybe it is the top, ill have her updated soon.

Haha thank you, i spent hours on Kuya to make sure he was perfect XD. And i didn't know the Wonder Jacket was so bad? But i guess i did a good job on it lol. Thanks for the idea with Rina, im trying to think of something that will make her unique, maybe it is the top, ill have her updated soon.
The Wonder Jacket? Yes, you did do a good job. You, Murasame and Maisie as well as the legions of other people who will now use it just to spite me XD Good luck with Rina ^_^

Kuya believe it or not is tagalog(one native language of Philippines) means a sign of respect to an older male relative such as a brother, cousin, or family friend. I know because my mother is a filipina and she speaks it and I happen to know what some mean when she speaks 60mph on her native language lol.

Basically, you're calling him brother Saito.

Saito is a Japanese last name. Don't particularly know what it means, but is there by chance Kuya Saito mixed with Japanese? Judging by the impressions, it feels that way. If not, try Lucero, Mercado, Cruz, or Ramos for instance. Us filipinos are like asian versions of Spanish people of Mexico, Cuba, and all that. So our language is similar to Spanish. First names surprisingly are usually names like Sam, Gary, and all those common western names lol.

Aside from my rude nitpicking, I usually don't see many people besides Talim customs ever made filipino. Good job.

Kuya believe it or not is tagalog(one native language of Philippines) means a sign of respect to an older male relative such as a brother, cousin, or family friend. I know because my mother is a filipina and she speaks it and I happen to know what some mean when she speaks 60mph on her native language lol.

Basically, you're calling him brother Saito.

Saito is a Japanese last name. Don't particularly know what it means, but is there by chance Kuya Saito mixed with Japanese? Judging by the impressions, it feels that way. If not, try Lucero, Mercado, Cruz, or Ramos for instance. Us filipinos are like asian versions of Spanish people of Mexico, Cuba, and all that. So our language is similar to Spanish. First names surprisingly are usually names like Sam, Gary, and all those common western names lol.

Aside from my rude nitpicking, I usually don't see many people besides Talim customs ever made filipino. Good job.

Ahh true, I knew Kuya was Tagalog (that's why I made him Filipino lol) but I just loved the sound of Kuya as a first name. :P You're right about Saito being a Japanese last name, I wasn't sure if I was going for a mixture of Filipino and Japanese but I searched up "Filipino Surnames" and I saw Saito on some list and it just stuck out to me. Guess you learn something new everyday haha, but now that you mention it the last names you mentioned actually sound better lol, I think I like Mercado the most. Thanks for the feedback and information!

Updated the first post! Check for more pictures.

I've been pretty busy over the week, so I haven't been playing much of SCV, but I finally finished Rina and basically redid her whole design cause the first one looked too plain... so her new design looks a lot more filipino.
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_12.png

And also introducing a new character, the beautiful Princess Siara.

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_13.png

Alright, Mardrinx, you totally pulled off Rina's look! *standing ovation* Will you be giving Leon and the lovely Ms Siara some backstory soon? ;) Also in <3 with Leon and Kuya 2p!
Ohhh... I realize I just named all your creations ^^; I guess I'm a fan of your's then XD Looking forward to more!

Alright, Mardrinx, you totally pulled off Rina's look! *standing ovation* Will you be giving Leon and the lovely Ms Siara some backstory soon? ;) Also in <3 with Leon and Kuya 2p!
Ohhh... I realize I just named all your creations ^^; I guess I'm a fan of your's then XD Looking forward to more!

Thank you very much! :D At first i wasn't planning on making some backstory but now that some people like the characters i'll see what i can do soon, and expect another character today ;)

New character alert! I had a little trouble with him, i dont know why? I was trying to go for a "wealthy asshole" look, but idk how that turned out either lol. Well here's Dalton Elias, Kuya's rival!
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_25.png
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_24.png
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_23.png

Dalton Elias
Birthplace: Paris

Also i'm working on the character's backstories now so they should all be up this week with another character too!

Haha, I really like the designs here. They're definitely nice IMO. Though, I have just a few things to nitpick about, if you don't mind.

As a fellow CaS creator, it's quite hard to make characters with a definite origin, and make them look like they actually came from where they originated. Like with Princess Siara, I thought she was of Middle Eastern/Persian ancestry at first because of how she looks, or with Kuya (lol older brother) and Rina and their pale blue eyes. Another thing I suggest you should take in mind is how some patterns, stickers, and color combinations work. Too many patterns could make the character look very cluttered, as do stickers (trust me, I've scrapped many outfits because of this exact problem, lol. It's more of a trial-and-error experience, really). Colors are also a hard problem to alleviate in everyday CaS making. I don't see anything very wrong with your CaS, but the stickers on Rina's skirt pop out a little too harshly against the black, and I feel like Dalton's coat should be darker, and closer to one solid color (this is more of an opinion, you don't have to act on it if you don't want to).

Wow I sound like a douche. But don't get me wrong; these creations are absolutely amazing, and you've given me some more ideas on my upcoming characters. :)

Back