Mass Effect 3!

Wtf is the indoctrination theory?
How the Reapers control organics. It's like the Illusive Man. He was being controlled by them. But the "Indoctrination Theory" is the Blue/Paragon Ending. Where you take control of the Reapers as the new Catalyst, or so it seems.

How the Reapers control organics. It's like the Illusive Man. He was being controlled by them. But the "Indoctrination Theory" is the Blue/Paragon Ending. Where you take control of the Reapers as the new Catalyst, or so it seems.

Not quite:

The indoctrination theory is the theory that BioWare wrote ME3 as the story of Shepard's indoctrination. In ME2 there's an entry that goes over the indoctrination process and explains what happens to victims. Long story short - they see ghostly figures, hear humming noises, get headaches and hallucinate. All these things happen in Shep's dream, and he also seems to have hallucinated the child on earth. (After all he's the only one who ever saw the kid, it seemed [nobody helped him into the shuttle])

So people are proposing that everything after the laser hits you before the conduit is reaper induced reality - none of it is actually happening, but it's all strong suggestions and hallucinations given to shep by the reapers. Catalyst is actually harbinger, and this is the reason the "destroy" ending is proposed as the worst ending, while the synthesis and control ends (which save the reapers) are shown as the good endings. After all, if you get the perfect ending after choosing destroy, shep wakes up on London - which means he could be waking up right after that laser hit.

There's also a bunch of stretching to make this theory fit, too. Such as the set of the final choice looking suspiciously similar to your walk to the conduit. (There's some broken reaper parts to your left as you walk to the conduit with symbols on it. When you get to the final choice, 3 path part, you can look to your left to see those same symbols on the wall.) etc.

Not quite:

The indoctrination theory is the theory that BioWare wrote ME3 as the story of Shepard's indoctrination. In ME2 there's an entry that goes over the indoctrination process and explains what happens to victims. Long story short - they see ghostly figures, hear humming noises, get headaches and hallucinate. All these things happen in Shep's dream, and he also seems to have hallucinated the child on earth. (After all he's the only one who ever saw the kid, it seemed [nobody helped him into the shuttle])

So people are proposing that everything after the laser hits you before the conduit is reaper induced reality - none of it is actually happening, but it's all strong suggestions and hallucinations given to shep by the reapers. Catalyst is actually harbinger, and this is the reason the "destroy" ending is proposed as the worst ending, while the synthesis and control ends (which save the reapers) are shown as the good endings. After all, if you get the perfect ending after choosing destroy, shep wakes up on London - which means he could be waking up right after that laser hit.

There's also a bunch of stretching to make this theory fit, too. Such as the set of the final choice looking suspiciously similar to your walk to the conduit. (There's some broken reaper parts to your left as you walk to the conduit with symbols on it. When you get to the final choice, 3 path part, you can look to your left to see those same symbols on the wall.) etc.
How do I get the perfect ending?

Did anyone else think that if symbiosis is chosen, that EDI and Joker (as new beings of a new race) reproduced, or possibly could? Maybe the old man at the end is Joker and his child, or one of his descendants on the planet they crash landed on?

Did anyone else think that if symbiosis is chosen, that EDI and Joker (as new beings of a new race) reproduced, or possibly could? Maybe the old man at the end is Joker and his child, or one of his descendants on the planet they crash landed on?

Maybe, but the old man is on all 3 endings and also it talks about how alot of the details were lost in time. I think Joker would know those details since he was there for the whole thing.

Does anyone know if you can invite your love interest up to your cabin after the Cerberus Headquarters, but before Earth? Just wondering.

Which version do you have? Cause I'd play too. (And don't worry, bronze multiplayer missions are pretty easy to do solo for me)

Ehhhh.... you must be better than I am. Or have some great weapons. Cause soloing the whole thing on bronze isn't easy for me in the slightest. If you're really that good then it'd probably be a good thing to play with ya.

Ehhhh.... you must be better than I am. Or have some great weapons. Cause soloing the whole thing on bronze isn't easy for me in the slightest. If you're really that good then it'd probably be a good thing to play with ya.

Unfortunately I'm on PC @_@...

But yeah, soloing bronze is generally pretty easy for me depending on the challenge.

And the class I'm playing I suppose. I mean, it's easier to do a solo against geth as an infiltrator or engineer, and it's easier to fight reapers as sent.

Does anyone know if you can invite your love interest up to your cabin after the Cerberus Headquarters, but before Earth? Just wondering.
I think they show up on their own during this period. (It happened with mine anyways, my lady Shep had romanced Liara)

Ok I've seen the full ending on youtube with
Shep waking up on the surface of the planet and I don't think the indoctrination theory is right. More than likely I think the remains of the citadel fell to earth and all the cybernetics that Cerberus installed in him/her managed to keep him/her alive after the fall. I mean if they think that a fiction where restoring a person after falling into a gas giant and they wake up with all their memories more or less intact (brain cells do not grow back folks) then this little tibit isn't that far off by comparison.

I think they show up on their own during this period. (It happened with mine anyways, my lady Shep had romanced Liara)

Shep waking up on the surface of the planet and I don't think the indoctrination theory is right. More than likely I think the remains of the citadel fell to earth and all the cybernetics that Cerberus installed in him/her managed to keep him/her alive after the fall. I mean if they think that a fiction where restoring a person after falling into a gas giant and they wake up with all their memories more or less intact (brain cells do not grow back folks) then this little tibit isn't that far off by comparison.

I mean just like being able to bring them one more time after your scene with them before attacking Cerberus.

And with the Indoctrination Theory, read this...
Was the ending a hallucination?

and this:
A Logical Breakdown of Why the Mass Effect 3 Ending Makes no Sense

and watch this:

And you think something the size of the entire crucible/citadel crash landing on earth would leave EARTH ok? Because it seems relatively OK in the end sequence.

I've yet to finish the game. Spoiler tags, please.

Got you covered.

And you think something the size of the entire crucible/citadel crash landing on earth would leave EARTH ok? Because it seems relatively OK in the end sequence.
Well just pieces of it, not the whole bloody thing. It did blow up in orgit right? And like I said if they can do that regeneration thing that Cerberus pulled at the start of ME2 then it isn't that big of a stretch. I don't think there is enough info there to really support the whole indoctrination theory or anything else for that matter (and that itself is the main reason the endings are hated I think). Now if they had shown a bunch of husks and other Reaper forces scurrying around during that last little clip then yeah I'd jump on the IT bandwagon but right now I'm just not really seeing it. I think people are just upset and how little substance there is to the ending and they are making things up to fill in the gaps themselves.

Triple post! :p

Anyways I'd like to revoke my previous theory where
the remains if the citadel crash to Earth and Shep survives due to all the implants because I forgot that in the blue and green endings his/her body is destroyed as he/she controlls/merges with the Reapers. Kinda hard to fall back to Earth when you don't have a body. Also in the control ending the citadel doesn't even blow up. I don't really believe the indoctrination theory thing either (if it does turn out to be that I will shit bricks with the rest of the internet). I think the ending is just what it looks like. A rushed, confusing, uninspired pile of bullshit and nothing more.

*Edit- Today is the day I trade this game in to help pay for The Witcher 2. I've been debating this as I hate doing trade-ins but they are doing their +50% trade-in value thing this week so I'm doing it. Goodbye horribly designed shell of what your predecesor had once been.

3412527_460s.jpg

Hey guys I have mass effect 3 beaten it but I haven't played mass effect 1 or 2 ( bad move on my part) but explain why do many people feel the ending was bad? I admit it just seemed iffy to me

Back