Master Chief?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokemonEater

[08] Mercenary
OK, for those of you who were pissed thanks to the Star Wars characters and even more pissed thanks to Kratos, turn away now to avoid cringing at my incredibly stupid idea.

For all the rest, aren't you PS3 users longing for Kratos and Dampierre to become downloadable for SC4 so that you can finally see them duke it out in hi-def against your favorite Sith Lord? (Yes, I am an "every-new-weird-character-vs-Darth-Vader" advocate, so I can't wait for them to release Dampierre as DLC if they ever do.) However, 360 owners like me are weeping at the fact that not only are they not getting Kratos, but in fact, they might be the reason why PS3 owners might not get Kratos due to the fact that there'd be no "non-Sony" equivalent.

Never fear! I have an incredibly stupid and obvious 360 DLC alternative to Kratos: Master Chief from Halo. Although he uses guns in the game, they could make him use an energy sword or the Fist of Rukh as his main weapon in SC4. Plus, it would please n00bish fanboys like me to no end. Even for those who hate sci-fi crossovers in SC, at least it means that PS3 owners getting Kratos would be "justified", and since the Chief would be DLC, you'd have the option to have him in your copy of the game or not.

Anyone else support me on this?

umm have you played DOA? id honestly rather see pikachu in sc than master chef. no consoles will see dampierre or kratos until sc5 if that. NB wont even sort out minor issues, i dont understand why people are optimistic about any kind of DLC.

Just like pineapplejuice said, a similar character was already in DOA. Personally, I'd rather not see any more guest characters. The only thing I might want to see as DLC would be Dampierre. But Master Chief would me just as off as the Star Wars characters, if not more in some people's eyes.

Just Dampirre is good as far as DLC goes. It wouldn't require any further development time, nor any sticky licensing issues.

Yup I know that he doesn't fit, but neither do the Star Wars people, plus the Chief has the added virtue of being a video game character and not being in a universe with kiddy characters and merchandise.

BTW, about the Spartan chick in DOA... from what I know, that was technically an original character using aspects of the Halo universe (just as bullshit Angol Fear is an original character using stupid aspects of the stupid Sgt. Frog universe that belongs in SC even less than Halo and Star Wars combined). Even so, Solid Snake appeared in two crossover video games.

As for licensing, I'm not sure, but I have the slight feeling that the Chief would be cheaper to license than the Star Wars characters because I think he's owned by the same company that makes the 360 consoles themselves (am I wrong about this?)

think we can do better than an FPS character. As well their may be some legal way to include Kratos for a 3rd party game on xbox. We did see Solid Snake and Sonic in SSBB. Kratos may see XBOX 360 DLC.

If I had to take an xbox only game...it wont be an FPS character...it's gonna be someone from an adventure game...or MILO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Creepy British Ai ftw!

We've been through this a thousand times.
"WHO WOULD BE AWESOME IN MY SOUL CALIBUR" threads aren't welcomed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back