kPc

[09] Warrior
Oh how I hate this bitch.....alright lets get started

Pyrhha's moves/ Sieg's punish

236B- 3B or 66k BE
1AA- 3B
1K- WS K
66K- 6A or if your timing is amazing 66K BE
4AAA (high swing into 1AA)- this might seem like one of those "how dare you use this string" type of moves but dont get overly complacent, if you immediately duck after the first attack, this can tell the pyrhha player to next time use 4A then a mid, just look for the second part and B+K if you can.
4B(shield smash)- very safe but highly steppable in both directions and fairly slow. If you block it, dont retaliate, you are just asking for her A+B counter.
66B+K, A, B (3 hit string where you launches you behind her)- the last hit is steppable to your left. and when I say step, I mean if you step it you are behind this bitch, Pick your weapon, if you dont have meter I highly recommend 1B. Now I should mention this is one of those occasions where if you step it, the camera has a tendency to fuck up, giving you a 3b instead of a 1B and vice versa. otherwise if you block it, you get 6A
33_99 B (last hit of the above string)- Highly steppable, if blocked, you get K if you arent too far.
22_88 A- this move is quick and knocks down and safe. if she hits this she gets a free hit. Its also high. if you block this and you notice the pyrhha likes to 2A after, 4B takes care of that. Now I know some might be saying "but you said above if she is safe dont retaliate", well 4B has good push back and I say retaliate here because A+B cannot counter sieg's 4B, so thats a 1up for us. Just be cautious because if blocked it is a BB. be smart
11_77 AA (low sweep into mid horizontal)- the second hit can be charge and is not one of those that can be released early. you want them to do the charged version. why? because you dont get a B+K off of the non charged one unless the first whiffs. if you block the non charged one its a K, once you see that blue from the second hit, B+K
66B BE- I.....hate....this....move....yes the first hit is very steppable but good pyrhha's dont always throw this move out, its usually after a set up or a situation that forces you to block. The first hit is very safe and this is where I need some people's help here because after blocking the first, if they BE it can be stepped left but only when sieg is on the right side, if he is on the left I can only step it using 8B+K so help me do some testing here if you dont mind. Its funny cuz on the left I cant step, have to 8B+K and on the right I cant 2B+K I have to step. if stepped, its a 3B, if 8B+K'd its SCH KK, she will block SCH B.see why I hate this move?
22_88KK she cancels her high kick and spins to a low kick- i also.....hate....this....move. Its completely safe on block and some pyrhhas like to A+B after. You are in range for 4B, just saying.
236AA (horizontal mid to jumping low) - the second hit can be SBH'd regardless if they BE. If they dont BE and you block the first 2, its a WS B, if they do BE its safe.
44B- This is one of her better moves since she steps back and goes under highs with a launch, its also only K punishable

Strategy- overall this bitch is a pain in the ass for a few reasons but the main one is her 14f punisher. This limits siegfried significantly. that stab has range, speed, and if they are skilled, damage. limit abusing unsafe moves such as 3A since you will get stabbed. She is also really poke heavy so its easy for her to throw people off their game. Her A+B adds another irritating factor into the mix but it doesnt auto parry 6K, SCH K, and 4B but it will parry 3K and WS K....explain to me how that makes sense but ah well. that being said those will probly be some of your best friends in this match up along with agA and B6. Make sure you always punish her properly and play pretty safe with alittle nonsense thrown in here and there and sieg should be a heavy contender

Pyrrha is a weird matchup. Its become a little tougher with the removal of backstep~G (this bitch was free to that shit, just like her brother), but it still feels very manageable.

Some additions to your punishing list:

66B+KAB - The 2nd hit is high and can be ducked. Do WS B immediately after and it will connect whether they do the 3rd part or not. If they do its a free ch.
66B BE - This can be stepped to both sides regardless of which side youre on, but the timing can be tricky - especially in the heat of a match. Easy solution: buffer 66B, evades and punishes the 2nd hit everytime and you have a lot more leeway for the input.
3B - This is a free B6 at every range but tip. Sieg is one of the few characters that can consistently punish it.

Do not approach this match as you would Sophitia in any other SC, the rules have changed, and while 236B hurts, you shouldnt use that as a reason to try and play safe and poky. Remember, youre playing Siegfried, safety is for whimps.

On to strategy. If you know your range well, shell have trouble getting in without committing to risky options from midrange. You dont have to respect any of her options speedwise either. If shes getting predictable with 66A to avoid getting her freckled face wrecked by agA, you can risk a B+K to make her pay like a pimp daddy would his bitches. If shes in, dont sweat it, your reverse mix-up options are still better than anything she can throw at you barring 66B BE, which you should punish as described above. Teach her to respect 3K, 66K, 4B and 1K and work from there. If shes getting predictable with 2A, B+K her and enjoy your free 1/3 life ++ combo. If youre playing one of those hyperaggressive Pyrrhas that love trying to interrupt you with stabs when at disadvantage, be sure to take your free 3B when you block a 236B.

Pyrrha is a weird matchup. Its became a little tougher with the removal of backstep~G (this bitch was free to that shit, just like her brother), but it still feels very manageable.

Some additions to your punishing list:

66B+KAB - The 2nd hit is high and can be ducked. Do WS B immediately after and it will connect whether they do the 3rd part or not. If they do its a free ch.
66B BE - This can be stepped to both sides regardless of which side youre on, but the timing can be tricky - especially in the heat of a match. Easy solution: buffer 66B, evades and punishes the 2nd hit everytime and you have a lot more leeway for the input.
3B - This is a free B6 at every range but tip. Sieg is one of the few characters that can consistently punish it.

Do not approach this match as you would Sophitia in any other SC, the rules have changed, and while 236B hurts, you shouldnt use that as a reason to try and play safe and poky. Remember, youre playing Siegfried, safety is for whimps.

On to strategy. If you know your range well, shell have trouble getting in without committing to risky options from midrange. You dont have to respect any of her options speedwise either. If shes getting predictable with 66A to avoid getting her freckled face wrecked by agA, you can risk a B+K to make her pay like a pimp daddy would his bitches. If shes in, dont sweat it, your reverse mix-up options are still better than anything she can throw at you barring 66B BE, which you should punish as described above. Teach her to respect 3K, 66K, 4B and 1K and work from there. If shes getting predictable with 2A, B+K her and enjoy your free 1/3 life ++ combo. If youre playing one of those hyperaggressive Pyrrhas that love trying to interrupt you with stabs when at disadvantage, be sure to take your free 3B when you block a 236B.

That's a great solution to 66B BE; I hadn't thought of. Up until now I was Just Guarding it, but that does not guarantee 3B, it seems to be around -15 (maybe a bit more, didn't try b6) on JG so you can buffer a 66kBE as punishment only. I'll have to try and train that response.

Good Shit sach, since I moved to AZ i'm going to have a lot of time on my hands so I'll try to make one of these for every character. Any additional inputs would be appreciated.

ok so anti pyrrha stuff comin in:

vs 1K on hit:
  • 6A favourably trades with BB, beats run up grab and step TC's, but lose to 2A and AA. it also spaces her out nicely.
  • basehold beats AA and 2A, makes SBH B a good force block option vs single A(though she can 2A him out of it, it runs a high risk for her) she can JG it but timing is very difficult even without being caught by suprise. loses to all non horizontal mids/lows, can be reacted to if she has to step forwards to grab.
  • 3K trades with BB and leaves us at +2, beats run up grab, catches all step in this specific case, but loses to 2A and AA. On trade 3K can go into 1K, which TC's AA, and beats 2A because it appears she is out of range. on hit 3K can go into 3K and will only trade with A. 3K however also has fear advantage.
vs oki:
  • in situations without force blocks, it is always best to roll to her shield side. in alot of cases it will force her BT, where she can only get BT 2K. note however that 4K catches all rolling and punishes sleeping.
  • after certain setups like JF stab, her oki options are extremely limited - though she does get a free run up G at the very least. any 66bBE setups can at the very least be blocked on reaction, and in some cases where guard pressure is an issue, GI'd on wakeup - however it is best to lay down and wait in these situations to avoid getting run up grabbed.
stepping: always step to her shield side, but make very sure you are clear of her attack before you go to punish - do not just blindly step and attack as it can cause alot of her attacks to randomly track at impact.

random 66B on block stuff:
  • 4B+K beats fast follow ups, but loses to 236B and 6B+K. the only viable option from SSH is K, as all other options will result in sieg getting CH'd.
  • backstep beats fast non vert follow ups, but is caught by stuff like 6B+K and 236B(which lose to standing guard and sidestep).

Back