Matchup Discussion: Leixia VS. Natsu

...and when did I ever say Leixia beats Natsu? that wasn't even the case pre-patch.

...Actually...while Natsu was significantly more powerful, Leixia in a head to head could definitely beat her, because WR B BE existed.

Speaking of Leixia, question, since I'm not near my Xbox right now. Is 3AA hit-confirmable? I used that move so little before I don't really know.

...Actually...while Natsu was significantly more powerful, Leixia in a head to head could definitely beat her, because WR B BE existed.

Speaking of Leixia, question, since I'm not near my Xbox right now. Is 3AA hit-confirmable? I used that move so little before I don't really know.

It feels like 3AA is hit confirmable. it does have a delay so I'd assume so.

I dunno, pre patch Natsu had 60+ damage A+B combos into resets due to shuriken otg. not to mention, 6A+B caught her 44B into the whole PO A:6 JF combo. It wasn't that bad then either, but I didn't see it as Leixia having a 6/4 over her. If anything it was even at best

It feels like 3AA is hit confirmable. it does have a delay so I'd assume so.

I dunno, pre patch Natsu had 60+ damage A+B combos into resets due to shuriken otg. not to mention, 6A+B caught her 44B into the whole PO A:6 JF combo. It wasn't that bad then either, but I didn't see it as Leixia having a 6/4 over her. If anything it was even at best

Well of course Natsu had an advantage in that match-up, lol. I just said she was beatable, that's all. I see a 6:4 match-up there with ADV Natsu.

Also, thanks on 3AA. I've been using that move a lot more because it has that surprising hitbox and functions as a decent mid-range step killer that just gives me +4/+6 when people try to play the mid range abuse ducking sidestep game. >> 3AA keeps them quite honest, so it's become one of my favorites, especially utilizing the advantage mix-up.

Hi everyone, I'm dropping by because I've been fighting against a lot of Natsu lately and one move of her has been bothering me... I was wondering if you guys also have trouble countering Natsu's 2A+B oki. I've heard that crybaby would be a wise option but it doesn't seem to work... Is it because i'm too slow to react? Thanks for helping a beginner. :D Sorry if you've mentioned earlier.. I should have proofread. ^^'

in most knockdown situations you can tech backwards to avoid it, even better tech back or forwards and do a jump move, 9B or9K probably.

my roomate mixes up the bomb with midrange bomb, unblockable, dash forward dagger[be/no] and low slash.. if i roll away it's the safest but can't do that everytime.. if i stand up block low eat a mid dagger.. stay lying down eat a low move.. worst is eating bomb/unblockable into throw for 50%.. whats the best way to stand up vs her?

Let her hit you with the bomb when you're grounded, then stand up. After certain knockdowns you can just get up and jump the bombs.

just want to point out that bombs into airthrow only do between 25% and 33%. your not getting 50% unless you pop off a super. please stop exaggerating..

This matchup has been my most recent focus.

It's fun to learn a new style of play with Leixia. Gnatsu is so fast that she out-Leixia's Leixia.

Most of you know this stuff by now, but its not posted here in this thread, so I'll write it down for those who haven't seen it.

-9B is really important versus bombs. Get used to going up instead of down when you see a bomb coming. It's counter intuitive, but absolutely necessary.

-4A+B automatically GI's the second hit of Gnatsu's 66B BE. Follow up with 66K or CE for a combo, otherwise use 44K for guard damage and pressure.

-Learn your punishes!!! This matchup is extremely punish heavy for both sides. Learn what is AA-only punishable, what is 3B punishable, and what is 6KK punishable. Getting those small frame advantages from AA punishes are super important.

-4A+B works wonders if Gnatsu tries AAB/A:6/2A after Leixia uses one of her -2 frame traps.

-Abuse pushback moves like 3K and 6A+B wherever possible. Many Gnatsu's get itchy to run in when they are getting pushed out. Use 44A to stuff her 66B.

-Don't get discouraged if you're getting hit by bombs on laggy connections. It happens to the best of us.

Natsu can actually punish 4A+B, but most haven't caught on to that yet. 9B is also good against PO/Hover transitions like 4A or 66B

This is true, though I was referring to the aGI as the part that works wonders.

Many players seem to use AAB, A:6, and 2A as crutches with Gnatsu. 4A+B shuts this down, hard.

Natsu punish ; 66K, 3B, FC3B, WSA, AA, AAB, 4A+B with A:6, 6BA/6BAB/6B is risky against her because of WSK CH.

22A Crush Many of Leixia's moves at close range, Natsu can punish ( i think), 66BB with 22/88B.

Natsu have better wiff punish, better damage, better zoning, better grab game.

Leixia win with grab/ hight punish and...7-3 for Natsu i'm agree... sorry for my bad english.

Natsu punish ; 66K, 3B, FC3B, WSA, AA, AAB, 4A+B with A:6, 6BA/6BAB/6B is risky against her because of WSK CH.

22A Crush Many of Leixia's moves at close range, Natsu can punish ( i think), 66BB with 22/88B.

Natsu have better wiff punish, better damage, better zoning, better grab game.

Leixia win with grab/ hight punish and...7-3 for Natsu i'm agree... sorry for my bad english.

Natsu seems to have a hard time stepping 66BB 2nd hit last I tested. But Natsu with better zoning? I dunno about that one. Keeping space is pretty much the only reason Leixia can fight her at all.

Natsu makes Leixia's oki game change drastically since 3B, FC 3B, and 66K, are all unsafe to her. I believe Leixia's A+B might be safe to Natsu though, if so makes a good CH fisher.

I agree, Leixia must keep space but I think Natsu is better in zoning ( A+B, 66B, 6A+B ).

I don't believe that Leixia's A+B is a good idea against Natsu because its not difficult to JG that move, no one do that because I don't think lot of Leixia use this move.

But against Natsu I do 3B+K, 6A+B, BB, 6B+K to have safe move, sometime we can do some 66K its really hard to punish this move, Natsu have to wait for that so if you don't use it really often, Natsu don't punish it.

I agree, Leixia must keep space but I think Natsu is better in zoning ( A+B, 66B, 6A+B ).

I don't believe that Leixia's A+B is a good idea against Natsu because its not difficult to JG that move, no one do that because I don't think lot of Leixia use this move.

But against Natsu I do 3B+K, 6A+B, BB, 6B+K to have safe move, sometime we can do some 66K its really hard to punish this move, Natsu have to wait for that so if you don't use it really often, Natsu don't punish it.

It's not a great move, but it can be tricky to JG with varying the timing. The only reason I don't use it much is because it's unsafe on block. 66K is safe at certain range. (ie: after 6KK hits do 66K and she can't punish it on block)

Even so, I guess I just disagree with the space/zoning thing. Leixia's BB/2B is about the same range as Nat's 6A+B, and her 3B+K is about the same as Nat's A+B.

3K and 6A+B keeps a good distance where your fast moves will beat hers in range and her ranged moves will lose in speed. Also Leixia's 44B becomes a nuisance at the blocked 3K range. Just my observation.

I will try for 66K but the important of using this move I think it's to have a wake up move, when oponent is on the ground.

I don't think Leixia's BB or 2B are as range as Natsu's 6A+B...Natsu's 6A+B is antibackdash at max range.

44B? You talk about Leixia's 44B? this move is useless, I use it sometime on react or in error but it's a really bad move.
No reward for a really big risk...

I will try for 66K but the important of using this move I think it's to have a wake up move, when oponent is on the ground.

I don't think Leixia's BB or 2B are as range as Natsu's 6A+B...Natsu's 6A+B is antibackdash at max range.

44B? You talk about Leixia's 44B? this move is useless, I use it sometime on react or in error but it's a really bad move.
No reward for a really big risk...

Leixia's 44B isn't useless. I wish it did more damage, but it's far from useless. It's still a free KND and possible Wallsplat, which can be annoying for characters like Natsu (or Leixia herself) who thrive once they get their close range pressure started.

66K for grounded hit in this matchup is still risky, but eventually you'll have to take some risks. This is the only major issue I see this Matchup really having. Leixia's grounded game is FC 3B/3B/66K mostly, and all of these unsafe to Natsu. So it forces you to use more 2K/1B or 33B/33BB to get her to stand up into throw/mid mixups.

but anyway, I still don't think this matchup is as bad as say Cervantes or Mitsurugi so I can't see it as 7/3 for Natsu. Maybe a 6/4.

no 33BB still unsafe against natsu maybe a range but my Natsu parteners often just gard it, I haved mix up with 33B but i think there is no rentability ( Natsu confirme the follow up and attack in réaction if there is no ).

44B work when you can RO or Wall but...and character spécifique ( Aeon = 1B BE punish, Phyrra step 33B, Pat ect...) -22 on block ><' if oponent always take is priority 44B its ok but lot of good players rarelly take them priority so 44B is just useless.

When Natsu player know the match up, you can just 2K, 3B+K, BB, AA ( unsafe ), 66K ( riskly ), 6A+B, 3B ( only wiff punish or riskly ), 66B ( riskly ), 2A, 4K, 1A maybe or 44A if Natsu wait the follow up or its unsafe too ( -11 I think ).

What can you do VS a character who rush you with a TC and side step crusher ( 22A ), who do the double or triple damage than you and control all distances...

+My friends who played Natsu use lot of JG after them safe moves, they have a mix up with frame trap and spacing.
So I never take my priority when I'm in block positif or with 2K or grab.
I trust its more rentable than attack, to take a CH WSK? or 66B/ AAB in frame trap.

Sure this match up is 7-3 is the same as a Mistu or Cervy, maybe bader...

Back