Matchup Discussion: Leixia VS. Nightmare

I also thought this MU was terrible before but when Leixia's in his face pressing buttons NM can't do much.

Well yes, in theory. Realistically, all he needs is one good CH 6K or defensive read to reset the situation. And if a wall is nearby, this could be round-changing momentum. That said, I still don't think it's among her very worst matchups, mainly because of what you said, and 44K kinda locks him down.

I Often do this match up against Keev, Daess, DJO and other french or not NM players.

6-4 for Night or 5-5.

I think Leixia is really better in Close range and Night really better in max range. at mid range, Night have a litle advantage i think and he have a good punish for 66BB.
Is "deplacements" give him a really significatif advantage at close range if Leixia have a pit bull game ( stepping 66K easy, FC3B, 6A+B ).

But Night can't be really aggressive too at close range or at longue range, he don't really have a good mid move to stop Leixia's TC or fuzzy gard ( at longue range ).
NM's 3A3A is safe at a range, Leixia have to never be at this range.

WS B BE crush 3A3A at close and longue range, and this move is punish by Leixia's 3B or 4A+B if he do the follow up (Agi ).

NM's WSB punished by 3B+K.

All NSS and Grim are punished by Leixia's CE... but not 44B if I remeber ( 44B NSSK or 44B G ).

She punish is crouch throw with 6KK or CE and there are visibles if NM abuse of it.

1K and throws are the last think to kill neutral gard, Leixia punish 1K with 6KK or CE.

If NM hit with CH 3K, Leixia can frame trap a 3K spam with AAB...

But! NM's gard burst game is so terribly... and for Leixia is difficult to don't have a gard burst in all of her match VS Night... So I say he have an easy round winned so I think 6-4 for Night.

Back