Matchup Discussion: Leixia VS. Voldo

Hi guy!

I've often played against Voldo;

I think here, Leixia's probleme is the good TC game of voldo ( 22/88B or 22/88A for example ), its a bit dangerous for her to use her AA to react to a mix up or in spacing, so she have to space/interupt with 6KK / 2K / 66K.

But she can punish 22/88A with CE at close/mid range.

Her backdash is very helpful but dangerous too, because of Voldo's 666B.

+ She tech (if I remeber ) CE and A+B ( or 2A+B maybe ) after 666B -> 66B BE -> techtrap in different direction ( like Aeon ) so tech JG is dangerous for her in this MU.

But Voldo is really stepable, I think he cant take a lot of initiatives in this MU and Leixia punish him very well.

BS -> Voldo is really dangerous, I think Leixia musn't hit or With 2K after specifiques moves.
She can thanks her good backdash.

Voldo have to be carful to his 2K, because 6KK and CE, so he have to open the guard with throw I think.
Leixia don't have to be carful of that.

Finally, I think Leixia must be at mid range, to punish 22/88A and be outrange of Voldo's mix up ( grab/22/88B ), she have to be carful to her stepable moves and Voldo's TC.

Voldo prefer ; do close range mix ups or space her at long range.

I think Voldo have a litle avantage because of his dammages in mix up, in wiff punish and I think a better GB game.

Voldo has trouble stepping 66BB, so go nuts. The guard damage is insane and you can mix him up with all sorts of bullshit depending on how he tries to counter it. It also tracks enough to be an effective approach option after distance knockdowns if he likes to wake up 2_8A+K.

Whoring 3B like you have brain damage can also be effective; his AA only has range on the second hit and he can't really mix you up after a 2A punish because of his throw range. Just watch out for WR A+B and FC 3A+B if he does opt for it.

Watch out for his 4K though. It's fairly unexplored but I see potential in it for shutting down certain aspects of her wakeup game.

Also, try not to crutch on 2A/2K or FC 3bB oki against him. His 66K is one of the best TJ moves in the game. Mids are definitely the way to go against him. 3B+K, 6B+K, 3AA, 3A+B, BBC, 44A, 1A, FC 3B, 6A+B, etc. Go nuts.

Sry for my bad english, I'll try to answer good ^^'

Leixi's 66BB ; he can be stepped to the Left ( Leixia's Left ) but maybe you have to do a quickstep.
If I understand you 3rd sentance; if Voldo is on the ground, on a Leixia's wake up pressure, he is not in avantage.
Also 66BB is dangerous to do when the openent is on the ground because its not hurt him if he rest on the ground and opponent will punish it.

I'm agree to 3B punish, the one think who will be reduct Leixia's uses is Voldo's step B.
I'ts a good move in the MU.

I'm not sure to understand all the last paragraph but :
Doing 66K is an crushing option, but riskly for Voldo.
I think Leixia can use her lows without problem.
But, I don't know why, but I know that Voldo escape some move in wake up, like 66K ect...If I remeber it can be when he is BS on the ground.

So Leixia don't really have to press him on the ground ( only spécifique phases ).

FC3bB is just a mistake, I use it sometime but I know its a mistake, the best players often react on this.
It can be used 1-2 moments in 10 match but I don't think more.

I'd say Leixia's 66K is really good in this match-up and against many Voldo players (at least in my experience).

66K is kind of an "allrounder" because it beats many annoying Voldo options at the same time, e.g.
- all his crawling/stance/STC-stuff, for example his BS 2A+B
- his BS B+K auto-GI
- his right step which is the side Voldo steps to when he does his BS throws

Of course there are better options, if you expect exactly one of the mentioned options separately, but as a multi-purpose tool, 66K covers most of his bullshit.

Yep agree with you guys, I see just one probleme who make this move not really spammable ;

if Voldo option select random just gard, how can he punish 66K? 666B ( I 'm not sure, I can't test but I think so ).

If its right I think be carful.
Also this move is really good to make him defensive action, if you mix with 2K or backdash it can be a really good option, very bored for Voldo.

Yep agree with you guys, I see just one probleme who make this move not really spammable ;

if Voldo option select random just gard, how can he punish 66K? 666B ( I 'm not sure, I can't test but I think so ).

Well, if you consider JG at any time, then which move in the game is spammable at all? I'm not saying 66K is, but your logic is a little bit odd here. That's like saying Pat's 66B is bad because it's unsafe on JG.
That's more theory fighting than anything else imo.
I mean you can't just stand there and block because in theory, every move you wanna do is unsafe on JG.

Last edited:

If its right I think be carful.
Also this move is really good to make him defensive action, if you mix with 2K or backdash it can be a really good option, very bored for Voldo.

Basically what Kalas said. No move in the game is 100% spammable as everything has at least some counter to it. But if the only way for him to stop 66K is to JG, that means you have taken away that Voldo's entire moveset. Mix in some Throws, 2K, or beat on his Guard Meter.

Well, if you consider JG at any time, then which move in the game is spammable at all? I'm not saying 66K is, but your logic is a little bit odd here. That's like saying Pat's 66B is bad because it's unsafe on JG.
That's more theory fighting than anything else imo.
I mean you can't just stand there and block because in theory, every move you wanna do is unsafe on JG.
I agree with what you're saying though I would add something - it's not really the same as something like Pat 66B. This is because 66K is basically one of Leixia's fastest moves at close and midrange, in situations where you are worrying about Voldo's evasive options. So Voldo will time his Just Guard to catch moves in the i13-17 range, roughly speaking, and can still guard afterwards. For him against a 66K-happy Leixia, it is only a two-way mixup - evade, or Just Guard. The problem with this for Leixia is that 66K is very vulnerable after a Just Guard.

Contrast 66B from Pat which is i21 or something. You can guard after your attempted JG, but you have to release guard just before, so if you are looking to JG a slower move like Pat 66B, you risk eating a 3B or BB etc.

So I think that JG does have an impact on 66K use in this matchup, especially where a Voldo who is used to the matchup might be looking for it.

Generally I find 66K less useful these days because of it's unsafeness on JG and because it can also be stepped.

Just Guard has changed the mindgame for the fastest moves quite a lot because it is relatively safe, unlike in previous SC games where you could not repeatedly try to GI fast attacks.

I still agree that 66K is very useful against characters like Voldo and Ivy with right-side TS attacks but I do see Zappy's point here, the risk/reward for 66K is not good enough to make it as spammable as in previous SC. I am guessing if Voldo reads 66K and hits JG he will get a 666B combo.

Back