Maxi Match-up chart

Hot Rod Dave

"Saucy saucy minx"
This soul arena, had no clear easy match up chart for Maxi. I dug this one out of what the French guys think, and I think its pretty accurate...Unfortunatly!!

Amy 3/7
Asta 4/6
Cass 3/7
Cervy 4/6
Hilde 2/8
Ivy 3/7
Kilik 3/7
Lizzy 4/6
Mina 6/4
Mits 3/7
Nighty 4/6
Raph 5/5
Rock 7/3
Sets 3/7
Sieg 4/6
Sophy 3/7
Taki 4/6
Talim 5/5
Tira 4/6
Voldo 4/6
X 4/6
Yoshi 3/7
Yun 6/4
Zas 4/6

As you can see, Maxi's odds are definetly against him. I think some stuff can be changed but Id like to know what you guys think. Lets bring some discussion back to the Maxi arena.

Can a Mod Move this thread into the soul arena where its supposed to go. I couldnt access it with this new update.

HRD

Cool idea HRD. I checked the list seems pretty accurate so far but a few things are a bit different imo:

Against Amy, it´s a 3:7, not a 7:3

Against Asta: 3:7 imo

Against Mitsu only 4:6

And against Sophie maybe a 2:8

A 7:3 against Rock... Debatable. Sure it´s a 6:4, but a 7:3...

I didnt either. This is what the french say. Looking at it it cant be that far off. Kilik is Maxi's worst match up??? I understand long range vs short, but really 2/8??? what do you guys think??

Maxi Mod: wanna sticky this one?

HRD

I definately feel maxi beats nightmare

I posted a vid in the video section so you guys can see what I mean but nightmare lacks a reliable interrupt outside of 1K which is not only short range but doesn't give as much + as 2A CH

Wow, this new updated forum will take some getting use to....

Edit: Hell, I don't even see any moderation options for me to sticky this thread (I may be blind). Maybe Twiggy has better luck than me.

ill agree with most of those. i dont think kilik is his wort match up though. personally i think siggy is much more difficult to deal with as everything he does puts you just past maxi tip range. just my opion. and i cant seem to do anything either with the mod settings. this new layout and forum is not nice

I definitely think his worst match ups are (in this order): kilik sophie asta

asta just has really strong TC and spacing against maxi knee puts interrupting RO in his favor

Asta's 6K will make RO A & 22 A wiff for no reason on occasion. Spacing though, asta rules that part. But if you can get in close, LI mix-ups asta has a hard time with. I wa suprised to see that match up at 4/6! I though it would be lower than that!!

HRD

asta just destroys maxi he out damages him for less risk I fail to see how this could be less then 3:7 in astas favor

lets not forget maxi can't even punish knee well

EDIT: upon looking up the frames maxi gets AA or K to punish knee so yes.... maxi can hardly punish knee

Also what are these "LI mix ups" you speak of LI only has no mids and has a really slow transition into BL. If LI mix ups are something I don't know about please tell me I'd like to test these even though its my least favorite stance to be honest I hate it its maxis only stance where he has horrible options... at least BL has BL KK and LO has a safe low (LO A is -10 even though it is super slow). LI has LI(B) but I find that move to only be marginally useful not very threatening when the other LI options suck LI K is so slow and LI AAB is the worst string in like the entire game...

asta just destroys maxi he out damages him for less risk I fail to see how this could be less then 3:7 in astas favor

lets not forget maxi can't even punish knee well

EDIT: upon looking up the frames maxi gets AA or K to punish knee so yes.... maxi can hardly punish knee

Yeah, you are right. Asta´s knee and his cm-throws are almost all Asta needs against Maxi. Horrible matchup..

But not that! worse like for example when Maxi faces Sophie or Kilik. That is just an uphill battle of it´s own. :/

LIg cancels and fakes are a staple of mine. My problem is that I abuse them somewhat. LI has wonderful tech crouches. LI can be canceled into 2 stances, back into LI itself and into RO. I took that thread that Uber1337 wrote bout mixing it up and saying WTF....he writes "you gotta keep em guessing to win with maxi." I personally hate LI AAB as well but then again you can just do LI AA~BL KK, or what ever. But LI is my favorite stance, The canceling options alone are a staple in maxi's mind game IMO. A blocked LI cant be interupted, so you can get (my personal favorite combo)CH BL A, LI K, B+K BBBA jf, (I know CH BL A is shakeable, but a CH is a CH, but LI K is not shakeable)
Look at the combo in twiggy's signature. Try it out, see how you like it!!

cant you punsih asta's 6K with 6A+B? *goes to wiki and survey says...*....No, you only get 2A, AA, iFC 3AAA, B, K. Ima test that iFC AAA, astas 6K has a pretty long tech jump in it!!

HRD

B is i16 right? that won't work

more maxis need to check out single B pokes its shit on block compared to most B's but BB has a long space inbetween when the second B comes out B is great for fighting back against zoners/pokers from distance

Edit: also I didn't even think of 2A thats probably the most effective punish seeing as its more likey to work at range then K and AA is complete trash-ola

^^ur right, B is i16, I was looking at the damage colum, but everything else will work.

I wanna mess around with the iFC 3AAA, its a low, it has knd properties and RO B follow up is also un-interuptable

HRD

FC 3AAA is one of the best lows in the game

there is no easy way out of the situation if it hits

RO A to beat fast non 2A's

RO B to beat evasive TCs

RO K to beat 2As and non evasive TCs
Its a pure guessing game

theres also PSL 1 RC B option for extra lols

also mina should be 5:5

post 6A blocked mina has 4BK which beats all options except PSL 5

and 33B blocked has NO options that will beat 6B+K

also how the FUCK does maxi beat yun?

Hmm, I think I may have said the exact opposite a good while back, but AA seems the better punisher. It's 18 damage and leaves Maxi at +4 in RC (same situation as 33bA on block). You have some solid options from that position.

And I still have my doubts about fc 3AAA(the speed, damage, and risk), Bubbles. Though what you've shown is pretty convincing. I'm really impressed that you have it working for you so well.

also how the FUCK does maxi beat yun?

Maxi beats Yun because of 4BB strings. Yun´s crane stance destroys al lot of B-moves in SCIV, but not that one. The second B just comes out to fast before Yun´s "auto throw" comes out.

I fought this way some time ago against multiple Yun-players on and offline. 6:4 is correct imo.

who cares if yun cant beat 4BB
all he has to do is block high LO isnt all that great everything in that stance is reactable
yun does about the same damage as maxi with less risk

who cares if yun cant beat 4BB
all he has to do is block high LO isnt all that great everything in that stance is reactable
yun does about the same damage as maxi with less risk

Yeah, while this might be true, it is still a very good option against Yun and his crane stance. They are both relative unsafe and lack solid combo damage.

Back