MAXI VIDEO THREAD

yeah like marginal said i used a list that was given in the general thread ages ago which had a good chunk of the moves listed and the stances they go in to however by knowing old Maxi and studying the vids we have managed to figure out some of the better set ups already. with that being said it is worth noting that it looks as though some moves have different stance transitions when held this hasnt been fully mapped yet but be sure that once we get him in the lab some serious routing will take place lol... he probably feels a bit weaker than scV all round as you now have to loop with him to play him to the best level where in 5 you were rewarded for playing safe. it will be a different play-style than you are used to if you are a scv player. if you come from sciv hen you're gonna have a ball.....

I come from SC I, but started to use Maxi less casually in SC V, where I didn't play safe at all.

I still don't get which move is the main approach tool used in the vids: it looks like SC V 33B cancelled with an horizontal move.

-6, meanwhile

I come from SC I, but started to use Maxi less casually in SC V, where I didn't play safe at all.

I still don't get which move is the main approach tool used in the vids: it looks like SC V 33B cancelled with an horizontal move.

-6, meanwhile

33bA its a slide and puts you in to RC. Its an old SCIV move

RC options are great like RCK. Especially in SC where 33bA~RCA+B is solid as hell.

https://gfycat.com/NextInsistentChevrotain

-6, meanwhile
66A is probably the safest. 66B+K is good. 66A+B has huge range. Also viable to just work your way in while guarding.

Im a fan of it not so much as an approach but using it out of crouching. Not a fantastic mive but keeps the opponent on his toes.
It has a short backstep and TC property does it not, that's what I see. I have had a lot of success adding that space to make things whiff. Except against long range chars. Then it,s useless in that regard. And against Taki that is in TC alot.

Important video to demonstrate and learn what Maxi players need to get good at to beat keep away characters including Ivy. 1) applies in general to Maxi 's game plan.
I found the recipe to be:
1) I need to work in 66a+b into muscle memory for fast execution from any situation (crouch, step etc) to punish from range or just let him get in close from range. With that this feeling of having to over extend all the time, dissipates.
2) You can just continuasly 8wayrun away from her and wait for her to make a move and block it in the beginning of a match. If you wanna play safe. Not sure about this one. But works for me so far.
3) Be in her face, watch for low sweep kick and that vertical that is low at close and medium range.
4) Check her soul meter, bait out CE

beautiful teabaging action there. S+ tier easy.

i think i might be able to dig out a couple of decent ivy vids too. so far seems like moving in whilst blocking and trying to play safe is the best, always be ready to block her 2A+G, 66A+B is good so is 44B, learn the ducks in her strings and then punish with TC moves.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/328934105

here is a couple of rounds from last night (like 2am lol) the connection was a bit choppy but you get the general idea. a few things to mention don't use FC3A+B as much as i did i was testing to see how it felt for me and there are better options. there are better way to duck or step some stuff but online connections mean its not as good as it can be. i played ok but not fantastic.

here is a fun vid vs a sieg that just seemed to know where to block and how to stop me.

Back