Maxi virgin in need of assistance

The more stance shifts you do. The more your going to get interupted for big damage. Maxi is best used in small doses of a small safe string then bait and punish.

The maxi flow chart can be found in the forum directory and has its own sticked thread.

Excuse me but what are you talking about? What does maxi have that's a small safe string? There is no point in maxi's strings that when they're blocked you shouldn't abandon the string and do something different.

Unless and i stress this, unless you're counting on them eating something that is telegraphed and obvious.

@creep
There are a few
6B4G -> LI K
1B RO AK
44B RO AK

I think you're misunderstanding him though. He means that you don't go looping like crazy but keep your loops brief and efficient. As you start looping you open yourself to brutal stuff like CEs. You counter the reaction you expect from them with your loops. eg after 1B on block and hit, what do you do? You can convert this into many opportunities.....if you play your cards right

@hotnikkelz, oh obviously. i'd never advocate someone just trying to play a stance heavy maxi. Quick argueable point, the safe strings are in reality just strings you can abuse against people who don't know how to deal with them yet. That being said. The natural evolution of maxi's gameplay as a result of people learning to deal with the quick simple strings leads into much more stance shifting than you'd normally throw out. That simply is what it is.

@creep
I only replied, as you seem confused as to what HRD was talking about and you asked 2 intitial questions, so I thought I'd pitch in... :-/
To add to what you said though, you don't necessarily need to go to increased stance shifting, a more preferable option (for me personally) would be to stop short in my strings. eg stop at 44B and 1B and proceed with something else. Usually if they have a blanket counter, I can thwart their counter with one of my own. It is rare for most characters to have blanket counters against some strings. Maxi has an answer for almost all responses.

Reactions: HRD
Yeah. Maxi is like most women and booze. Small doses or your gonna get hammered on!

Like nikkelz says. Keep it short and sweet and make your opponent guess wrong. Thats what the short little moves are good for.

Even a somewhat new player can block maxi strings all day. They arent very difficult. But when you start mind fuckin people thats where your true test of skill comes into play. Throw out a 44B or a 1B and then go to neutral. Watch and laugh as your opponent is still standing there blocking cause they are expecting a longer string to come. By the time they realize you stopped its to late. Cause your (insert favorite punisher here) is already on the way.

At least thats how I play maxi.

Back