[May 24, 2013] UFGT9: Guts (Road to EVO 2013) (Rosemont, Illinois)

Gotta get my Injustice practice in as soon as I get the game. Also get ready to get blown up in Divekick again. =(

what day is scv gonna be on anyways? need to know if i gotta take off friday

Currently, the plan is for SCV pools to be held on both Friday and Saturday, with finals on Sunday. (This may be subject to change depending on many factors.) To keep things as fair as possible for all competitors, we don't take requests for specific pool days or times. The safest option would be to take off Friday. You could risk it and hope you get into a Saturday pool, but that is anything but a guarantee.

Not until after online registration closes on May 19th, which is just 5 days before the tournament starts.

OK guys, I've made some serious efforts to muster up the funds for this. My only issue is that I don't have any money for a hotel. Basically, I only have money for transportation, registration, and barely enough for food. If anyone is going to be there Thursday night and wouldn't mind me rooming for free, I'll be there. If not, I definitely won't be there. And if you need me to reimburse you at a later date, I can do that.

Also, I'll be taking megabus and will be getting off at Union Station. I don't know shit about subways or whatever the **** they'll have in Chicago. Who can help me out?

UFGT9 is a little over 2 weeks away, but online registration closes in 10 days. The last time to register online is midnight on Sunday, May 19th. Miss the deadline and you'll have to use emergency registration at the venue, which comes with a higher event fee and no seeding in any game. Don't let that happen to you. Go here to register now.

As always, you can find the most up-to-date information about UFGT9 on the tournament website.

Also, I'll be taking megabus and will be getting off at Union Station. I don't know shit about subways or whatever the **** they'll have in Chicago. Who can help me out?

You can either take CTA Blue Line from Clinton (a couple blocks south of Union Station) to Rosemont or Metra North Central Service from Union Station itself to Rosemont. Both trains cost under $5 and will get you to within a 15 minute walk of the venue in less than one hour. CTA is cheaper and runs more frequently. Metra is faster and slightly closer to the venue. Here's a Google Maps link showing your options: goo.gl/maps/APII6

yo where the casuals gonna be at tonight

not gonna get in til midnight or so tonight. get drunk play calibur

According to the players at UFGT, they decided to end the SC tournament today. The top 4 was LP, MateoGalvin, ARU and FenrisZero.

Thanks for giving us the worst treatment out of any game in the whole tournament, UFGT. That includes BaraBariBall. Really? BaraBariBall?! I like BBB, but what the fuck. First, two setups. That's it. That is all. BBB had more than we did. And more grievous, 2/3 sets were forced upon us. Fenris and I were literally the first tournament match to be played (oops, I mean "Whis". Kappa) and we told the guy running it that the standard was 3/5. He went to the higher ups, and came back with the reply of "fuck you, 2/3." You wouldn't do that shit to Marvel, so don't do it to us just because we're magnitudes less popular. That's massive disrespect, and for that, fuck you.

So while management screwed the pooch on this one, the players gave the pooch some much needed therapy and chew toys. :V That is to say, I had a great time hanging out with the players, and was very happy to meet everyone I met. Even Fe-- er, Whis! Kappa My own personal results were pathetic considering they were exactly the same as PowerUp over a year ago, but each one of my opponents' wins were well earned. I learned a few things... or maybe just one really important thing. But I still learned! Honestly, I had more fun as a spectator than as a competitor, so I'll think on that as I consider my role in the FGC for the future.

Back