metal gear solid 4 thread madcore spoilers

whitey

[09] Warrior
I just beat MGS4, I didn't like it as much as 1 or 2 (1 is my fav, 2 & 3 i like equally, 4 is my least fav) but I still enjoyed it enough to beat it. But Here is one thing that made me go wtf.

hideo kojima is credited in the voice credits as "God." Is this just him jokingly calling himself god in the MGS universe or did you ever really hear gods voice in the game? If you do i dont remember it.

that and i lol'd when otacon cried after naomi died when he said "how come this always happens!?"

I felt the same way actually. and I consider myself a huge MGS fan

I think MGS4's problem was that it was the first game to try and be a sequel to previous games, instead of just being an enjoyable experience without any prior attachment to the series.

Let alone trying to be the sequel to all three games at once.

I was pretty much right there with it until act 3, then it just got really really overly complicated and dumb. and I was even ok with all of that through episode 5 because MGS has always been like that(although to lesser extents in the older games)

Then I watched the all cutscene act 6 and pretty much said fuck this game forever.

It was probably the most fun from a gameplay perspective though. and I really enjoyed moments in the game.(Snake vs. Ocelot fist fight)

but overall I'd also rate MGS4 as the worst in the series. I put MGS3 as the best though

that and i lol'd when otacon cried after naomi died when he said "how come this always happens!?"

Otacon can never be happy

My friend and I were joking about how Vamp set it up so that when he died, an autodialer would order a pizza to be delivered to the Nomad every night addressed to "Emma Emmerich".

yeah, your defiantly right on the whole "being three sequels at once." I loved the first 2 acts, then it slowly went downhill.

I really wish they didn't make it so hard to sneak around, and so easy to just kill everything. MGS1 and 2 if you get spotted, you're as good as dead, the gates of hell would open up and endless hordes of soldiers would come out and ruin your day. MGS4, if you get spotted, just kill everyone pick up their weapons, sell em to Drebin kill everyone again, sell weapons repeat. The only time you where really encouraged to sneak around was when you were on arsenal gear in the beginning. Without them shoving espionage down your throat like they did in MGS1-3 sneaking around becomes more of a goodwill extra, sorta like in games like Deus Ex.

oh yeah, and what does it take to kill people in this game. Johnny and Meryl get plugged at least 5 times when they're guarding the door on arsenal and Raiden just might be the first person on earth to be run over by a submarine.

and whats up with meryl's earing, I hear its reference to policnaughts.

but the final fight between snake and liquid was cool. I was singing along to the snake eater theme :p

im also disappointed snake didn't die at the end. If he is still alive that only means that there will be more MGS cause they make Konami money. i really want kojima to do something else. like explore a new story in the MG universe or an adventure game since they are becoming popular again.

Without them shoving espionage down your throat like they did in MGS1-3 sneaking around becomes more of a goodwill extra, sorta like in games like Deus Ex.

I believe this is all part of the "making games more accessable" a.k.a dumbing shit down trend we're seeing this gen.

I really wish they didn't make it so hard to sneak around, and so easy to just kill everything. MGS1 and 2 if you get spotted, you're as good as dead, the gates of hell would open up and endless hordes of soldiers would come out and ruin your day. MGS4, if you get spotted, just kill everyone pick up their weapons, sell em to Drebin kill everyone again, sell weapons repeat. The only time you where really encouraged to sneak around was when you were on arsenal gear in the beginning. Without them shoving espionage down your throat like they did in MGS1-3 sneaking around becomes more of a goodwill extra, sorta like in games like Deus Ex.

It wasn't that hard to sneak around anyways. but yeah I think that's part due to the control scheme shifting from sneaking(or tranq everyone in sight) game to Online 3rd-Person shooter game. So overall it was alot easier to kill things in general than it was in previous games. Not to mention area's being twice as big and open as the hallways in the first two games.

but I don't know. Those little spider robot things fuck your shit up harder than anything when you get caught in Act 4. So it's not like the whole game is like that.

and whats up with meryl's earing, I hear its reference to policnaughts.

Lol I thought trenchcoat Snake in act three was a throwback to Gillian Seed. So I wouldn't doubt the earrings being a policenauts reference(I think that was one of the wallpapers on otacon's computer actually)

oh yeah, and what does it take to kill people in this game. Johnny and Meryl get plugged at least 5 times when they're guarding the door on arsenal and Raiden just might be the first person on earth to be run over by a submarine.

hahaha Raiden ruined it

Breaksdancing with Gekko shoelaces. Spilling 30 gallons of white blood on Vamp's COCK SWORD

Everything he did was ridiculous

im also disappointed snake didn't die at the end. If he is still alive that only means that there will be more MGS cause they make Konami money. i really want kojima to do something else. like explore a new story in the MG universe or an adventure game since they are becoming popular again.

I liked the ending. Snake lives out the last of his days with Otacon and Sunny. It's not leaving room for a sequel. It's just giving the guy we've been playing as for 4 games now a happy ending.

and they were going to make more games regardless. The gameplay is too good to go to waste after one title. I just hope they leave snake out of them.

I believe this is all part of the "making games more accessable" a.k.a dumbing shit down trend we're seeing this gen.

Well the game is still hard as shit if you want to get the best ranks. So it's not like true "hardcore" gamers are being thrown under the bus.

If you're playing on easy or normal difficulty just to beat it, you really shouldn't be complaining about the game not being challenging

chopperman said:
Lol I thought trenchcoat Snake in act three was a throwback to Gillian Seed. So I wouldn't doubt the earrings being a policenauts reference(I think that was one of the wallpapers on otacon's computer actually)

I know that one of otacon's wallpapers was Dingo from ZOE2. which btw if kojima doesn't make a zoe3 i'll be very upset.

but I don't know. Those little spider robot things fuck your shit up harder than anything when you get caught in Act 4. So it's not like the whole game is like that.

yeah, what the hell are up with those things. They're so broke.

I liked the ending. Snake lives out the last of his days with Otacon and Sunny.
lol the fan fic community is gonna have a field day with that ending. I guess when i think about it more I think the reason i didn't like the ending is that it kinda ended the same as the other metal gears. Evil has been neutralized and now all that is left is Snake and Otacons friendship. only now they got a little girl.

Just wanted to say that the "Voice of God" is heard after you defeat Screaming Mantis and Psycho Mantis makes an appearance. Just as Psycho Mantis is about to explode/disappear, you push X, then you can see Hideo Kojima and you hear, "TRAITOR!!!". I'm not exactly sure why in the credits it shows, "Voice of God - Hideo Kojima" when the voice is actually Doug Stone (the English VA for Psycho Mantis).

Apparently, he screams this because of Kojima making this game for the PS3, you know..because of the hard drive, lack of memory cards, SIXAXIS with no vibration (if you have a DS3, he just says, "Vibration is back" or something of the sort). So, that solves the mystery for the Voice of God.

EDIT: Also, I wouldn't consider the ending we got to be solid. Kojima has already stated there will be a special surprise for everyone on December 12th. A new scene will automatically unlock (and no, you can't just change the time on your PS3 to get it, lol). If you don't already know why the scene will be unlocked on the 12th, it is because December 12th marks the 6th month after the game was released on June 12th.

For those of you that have played through the game, you know what the six month time period means. I can't wait to see this scene :P

try going for big boss emblem or the one under it. its a much better gaming experience and sounds like what you're after :)

i'm also very disappointed that snake didn't die. as much as i think snake is absolutely awesome... it also built up the entire game around his death and then it just takes it away from us with a few excuses :/ i wanted him to go in out in style and with a bang (pun not intended). i even thought a cool way to do it would be for the screen to fade away and then you press the trigger.. how epic and emotional would that have been!

EDIT: Also, I wouldn't consider the ending we got to be solid. Kojima has already stated there will be a special surprise for everyone on December 12th. A new scene will automatically unlock (and no, you can't just change the time on your PS3 to get it, lol). If you don't already know why the scene will be unlocked on the 12th, it is because December 12th marks the 6th month after the game was released on June 12th.

For those of you that have played through the game, you know what the six month time period means. I can't wait to see this scene :P

Oh wow really? I wasn't aware of this at all.

How do we see this scene?

That's pretty awesome. Where did Kojima say this at?

and I'm not against Snake dying

I just don't think Snake blowing his brains out over The Boss's grave would be a better ending than what we got. At all.

Especially since EVERY fucking trailer basically ended with him putting a gun in his mouth and hearing a bang.

Oh wow really? I wasn't aware of this at all.

How do we see this scene?
DLC.

I think MGS4's problem was that it was the first game to try and be a sequel to previous games, instead of just being an enjoyable experience without any prior attachment to the series.

Let alone trying to be the sequel to all three games at once.
MGS2 was a sequel to 1. If you didn't play 1 or didn't read all the background info on 1, you'd be utterly and completely lost. MGS2 makes absolutely NO sense at all unless you play 1. And I actually did play MGS2 before MGS1 and most of the "oh shit!" moments went right over my head, and the story was confusing as hell. Then I played MGS1 and it mostly made sense.

Play on Hard or Extreme... get hit once or twice and you die.

And MGS2... it was not a death sentence. You could set off an alarm on Hard mode and just kill everyone until you ran out of ammo (or until you got bored if you unlocked the bandanna). It really wasn't hard at all.

Kojima wanted MGS2 to be the last game. Then he made MGS3. Then he made MGS4 and he's certain this is the last game in the "Metal Gear Solid" series. Snake is alive, but he's going to die very soon in the story... probably on Dec 12th. Remember he only had like 6 months to live anyway...

kosh said:
And MGS2... it was not a death sentence. You could set off an alarm on Hard mode and just kill everyone until you ran out of ammo (or until you got bored if you unlocked the bandanna). It really wasn't hard at all.

yeah, but in 4 you can buy more ammo so you're not f'd if you decide to go john rambo.

and i never heard about the extra ending that comes out soon, i can't wait.

MGS2 was a sequel to 1. If you didn't play 1 or didn't read all the background info on 1, you'd be utterly and completely lost. MGS2 makes absolutely NO sense at all unless you play 1. And I actually did play MGS2 before MGS1 and most of the "oh shit!" moments went right over my head, and the story was confusing as hell. Then I played MGS1 and it mostly made sense.

I mean a sequel in terms of bringing back and elaborating on characters and past events.

All 3 games have more value if you played the prior ones and get the references and "oh shit" moments.

MGS2 was just the most confusing as a whole.

hideo kojima is credited in the voice credits as "God." Is this just him jokingly calling himself god in the MGS universe or did you ever really hear gods voice in the game? If you do i dont remember it.

you hear the voice of god during the mantis fight iirc.

This is killing me. What is that song? It's the one from the ending, the one Sunny sings, and the one the guy in Act 3 whistles. It's probably irrelevant, but anyone have any ideas?

I mean a sequel in terms of bringing back and elaborating on characters and past events.

All 3 games have more value if you played the prior ones and get the references and "oh shit" moments.

MGS2 was just the most confusing as a whole.

MGS2 brought back:
Liquid / Ocelot, expanded on their roles a LOT
Otacon, with a bunch of references to his past
The Colonel
Snake

MGS2 elaborated on the ENTIRE storyline of MGS1, the Shadow Moses Incident.
If you didn't play MGS1, when you finished MGS2 you'll be like.. ok so MGS2 was a constructed recreation of MGS1. I don't get it. If you played MGS1 first, you'd be like "OMG OMG OMG OMG THAT'S WHY THERE'S SPECIAL BOSSES AND A HARRIER AND ANOTHER SNAKE".

MGS3 was the most stand-alone, the only thing required to know is that Ocelot exists as a boss in later games. All other MGS games take place chronologically after 3. MGS1 comes next as it only requires MG1 and MG2 knowledge, which are summed up fairly quickly both in text and in-game.

koshthekoala said:
]MGS2 brought back:
The Colonel
Snake.

it also introduced vamp, rose, raiden, solidus and the russian chick with hairy pits (sonny's mom). Heck Kojima admits the biggest reason you play as raiden is so you could be told who snake was, so that people that didn't play mgs1 knew what was going on. most of those characters went on to play major roles in 4.

The Colonel
Snake

The colonel was fake. O_O

and yeah the main characters snake and otacon make an appearance as well as the main antagonist who's in all games, Ocelot, but what about Meryl, Mei Ling, Naomi, Real Campbell etc? Especially when the canon ending was Snake leaving with Meryl. All of that storyline was dropped in 2, So I don't really consider it a sequel just because you'll understand the little throwbacks that make it like MGS1. Especially when it's outright told that it's supposed to be like that. I mean that realization is all that comes out of that development in the plot anyways.

MGS2 elaborated on the ENTIRE storyline of MGS1

it didn't even elaborate on how it ended, let alone the ENTIRE thing.

I mean everyone thought Meryl was dead because of her absence and Snake having stealth camo while working with Otacon.(Which they thought was a hint from Kojima at which ending was canon from the first game)

The sequel you're looking for is Act 1 of MGS4.

I mean everyone thought Meryl was dead because of her absence and Snake having stealth camo while working with Otacon.(Which they thought was a hint from Kojima at which ending was canon from the first game)

The sequel you're looking for is Act 1 of MGS4.

actually, it was elaborated on in mgs2 by way of a codec cutscene between otacon and snake on the tanker.

y-disciple, the song is sunny's theme song, iirc. just searching for that should net you the song

Back