Meter Use (BE, GI, CE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hussler

Hilde SA Mod
Hey all,

Now that SCV has a meter system, this is a thread to discuss the most efficient use of Hilde's meter.
As of right now, her A+G(BE) CE (total of 1.5meter), is among her most damaging combos, but there are times when grabbing just isn't the best option. Also, 22_88B to CE is a nice combo as well, but it requires you to read the opponents move and counter it in time. It you whiff it, you are in a terrible position.

Here are my thoughts on her other BE moves:
In my opinion, her other BE's, 66B (BE) and 3B (BE), don't seem to be to too useful as they don't combo well.
- 66B BE doesn't combo into c2B so you can't perform the bnb (c2B) combo, and I haven't found anything that can combo in to it. EDIT: It does in fact combo into c2B, but the timing is decently strict.
- 3B BE is good after a 6K or BE wallsplat, but it has virtually the same properties as her 3B so it isn't too useful outside of a wallsplat situation. It can be used in place of the c3a in her bnb combo to make it more damaging but the timing and input of it is just ridiculous. If anyone has mastered the timing of that, I applaud you and give you many cookies.

So, I ask you, fellow Hilde mains, how should we be using her meter efficiently?
Personally, I think GI'ing is the best option for her, but what is the best follow up after a GI? [A+B] is too slow, so she can't go in to her bnb combo.

EDIT:
- CE on sidesteppers is extremely useful and makes her c2A a good sidestepping trap + combo into CE
- Post GI Options:
6BA~c1B
(if enemy's back is to the wall) 6K w! c2A w! c3BA

It can be used in place of the c3a in her bnb combo to make it more damaging but the timing and input of it is just ridiculous. If anyone has mastered the timing of that, I applaud you and give you many cookies.

66b BE in place of her c3a is only thing i've experimented with:

c2b a (in place of g to turn) 66b be 66a+b

c3a does more damage if you let the enemy bounce before you hit them. There's no doubt the BE finish looks f*cking epic though.

This isn't a legit combo, if the player air counters 2_8 the last hit of BE will sometimes miss and leave you open to a grab from the side or back.

Most efficient use of 66b BE for me to date is as a counter off blocked CE attacks if you don't have meter for CE counter.

As for 3b BE i've not really used it at all so thats my next thing to look into.

Just spotted your sig though: Hilde Supercombo: 22_88B c2B (G 3B[BE] G c2B)*n till meter hits 0 then c2A. Interesting, does the c2b flip the enemy back overhead so you can reuse 3b BE? If it does this must be the 'dirty' combo I read about somewhere, can it be air countered?

3BA~C1B is your best meterless option post-GI.

Meter should be primarily saved for HOOMELAAAAAND, as it gives her a FAST high damage whiff- und block punisher. A thing she sorely lacks otherwise. It also turns C2 A into a terrifying anti-step option. Almost 100dmg from an i18 safe, mid, TC horizontal? Yes, please!

Interesting, does the c2b flip the enemy back overhead so you can reuse 3b BE? If it does this must be the 'dirty' combo I read about somewhere, can it be air countered?
Don't hold me to this but during some of my "failed" combos I've gotten a 15 hit version where the last C2b will relaunch them you might be able to combo off of it again. The full 16 hit version they just tumble in front of her.

3BA~C1B is your best meterless option post-GI.

Meter should be primarily saved for HOOMELAAAAAND, as it gives her a FAST high damage whiff- und block punisher. A thing she sorely lacks otherwise. It also turns C2 A into a terrifying anti-step option. Almost 100dmg from an i18 safe, mid, TC horizontal? Yes, please!
First time I agree with you, meter should be use for her CE. I find her CE to be really useful against stepping, that shit never fails.

- 66B BE doesn't combo into c2B so you can't perform the bnb (c2B) combo, and I haven't found anything that can combo in to it.

It does if there's an A+B+K mapped. Yep.

Agreed on CE, it's great. 3B BE in the middle of combos seems to be a waste.

Loving CE on steppers, thanks for the idea. (HOMELAAAAANNNNDDDDD!!!)

I found a great post GI option:
(If the enemy's back is to the wall)
GI 6K w! c2A w! c3B (81 damage), and allows for a post recovery mix-up or tech trap (2A+B is always good)
The 6K has great range and knockback so the enemy doesn't even have to be touching the wall for it to work.
It also rings out people if they are near the stage edge.

I'll post a vid by next week, I'm out of town right now and don't have access to a screen recorder.

Just spotted your sig though: Hilde Supercombo: 22_88B c2B (G 3B[BE] G c2B)*n till meter hits 0 then c2A. Interesting, does the c2b flip the enemy back overhead so you can reuse 3b BE? If it does this must be the 'dirty' combo I read about somewhere, can it be air countered?

Yeah, it relaunches them, but the timing is pretty tricky. Took me a couple hours in training to get it down and I still don't execute it perfectly all the time. It's a great way to absolutely destroy someone if you have 2 meter and are willing to take the risk of performing a difficult combo.

CE it is quite easily one of the best CE's in the game, I sometimes use 66 BE and a GI too but no where near as often.

I'd say save meter for a+g(BE) ~ CE, such a deadly combo, plus giving you a chance to charge both your a and b. Getting the c2b~g~c3a off of a+b or 22_88b is what i strive for though, you can even pull a Ce on either of those two moves as well.

Her CE is i16 making it the most damaging i16 punisher in the game. It is also godly range, meaning that stuff that's usually safe cause of the range gets fucked over.
Example - Ivy's 6B8 where she pokes out and then swishes her swordwhip to stop stop is -18 on hit, but spaces really well. Very few moves are long range AND faster than 18 frames, which means that i you bait an ivy into doing that to you, even if you don't block it in time you can Homeland them just for using it.

I use the meter with Hilde mostly for 3BE to juggle my opponent after C2B and (FOR OUUUR HOMELAAAAAAAAND!)
Damn, I am seriously starting to think that Hilde's Critical Edge is the best in the game, if you use it on your enemy, they have almost no chance to block it at all.
I should use my meter for (Gales of! Valor) more often so I can land a (For ouuur Homelaaaaaaaaaand!) much easier.

Personally trying to learn the 3BE juggle, getting that 2nd C2B for me is hard for some reason but as of late I'm liking the 3BA C1B combo.

I like stabbing people into the homeland.

I cannot for the life of me do C2B into 3B BE, so most of my meter goes to homeland security. Although, I wouldn't mind getting used to GIs again. Since I have a hard time breaking pressure, maybe GI might be just the thing I need to get used to using. It's not like Hilde has bad meter gain either, you land a lot of CH stuff and you've got a GI's worth of meter afterwards.

I've been using mostly GI's or 3BE combo's. Like hussler said, I've been LOVING 6k post GI especially against the wall. Doing C1A after wall splat is just too beautiful to not love =P

C1A after W! for a second W! is brutal since [A+B] is guaranteed and the C2BB afterwards for some reason counts as a NH (meaning that it does the ground bounce ending) for more damage and tech-traps.
Can you do GI 6K C2BB? or is there not enough charge time for that?

Oh man I totally just realized how many mistakes I have in the above posts.
After the 6K it should be a c1a NOT a c2a, sorry for the confusion.

Can you do GI 6K C2BB? or is there not enough charge time for that?

You have enough time to charge the c2BB, but it's to slow to combo.
You would have to do some major hit confirming to make that connect, so it isn't really worth it.

Obviously if you're going for a GI, you'll know to charge C2BB. and if the GI connects, you can 6K them right after, which since you have enough time for C2BB it should combo. Somehow I think that it would do more damage than the current 3BA C1B that we currently get off of GI

Oh sorry I thought you were talking about 6K W! C2B. My bad.
Just tested it out, GI 6K combos into c1B, but not c2B. Even when you hold B right after performing the GI there isn't a long enough time to charge the c2B.

double post

This should prob be moved to combo discussion, but w/e.
Character specific combo on Astaroth:
His back has to be somewhat near a wall or ring-edge
CH [A+B] c1A or c2A (depending on when you release it)
if c2A you can then do 2A+B or CE or w/e you prefer.

more wall stuff:
B+G 2A+B_CE (only hits when the wall is directly behind you)
A+G BE W! A+B_B+G = back throw, cannot be broken = 107 dmg (brutal!!!)

I find that a+g~CE is a very reliable use of her meter. Timing of the link is reasonable, and it's pretty applicable in a real game and deals 140 damage... despite using a meter and a half, that can easily win you the round.

As for her 3b BE loop, it's not worth it if it can't be done consistently, though it is in theory better use of the meter. Perhaps with time this will be a piece of cake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back