Mina ROs?

Dogysamich

[09] Warrior
I mean, i'd really like to know if she had a back ringout? Maybe? Yes?

MERGED POST FROM KHENT: She has way more than that, pal. Here is all you need to know about her RO potential.

Front

1A (KND)
3B
3bK
WR B (CH)
FC 1KK (KND)
BT 2K
A+B
2A+B
4A+BAB
8A+B
6B+K
Grounded 9B+KB
4A+K
2A+K
22A
44AA (Tip Range)
66B (CH)
44B
33KB
66A+B
44A+B
Run K
B Throw

Right Side

A+B
6BA (CH)
8A+B
2A+K
22A

Left Side

1BK
A+K

Behind

1A+B

. . . .*facepalm* wow i feel dumb.

I was playing mina the other day and at one point i was said "I know this bitch has a back ro, but i have no clue what i would do"

Im just used to not looking for the obvious. :(

Thank you for guiding my stupid ass back to where it belongs.

Sorry for reviving a dead thread. I found a weird RO, I thought I should put it here instead of making another thread for Mina's ROs.

I haven't read about this in any of the other topics, but if it actually was posted before, or is super old stuff, feel free to rant.

I made this RO to Ivy in an offline fight, she was near the edge of the ring, though not completely, and downed. I jumped on her with 9B+K, 8B+K. When Ivy was hit by 8B+K, she bounced off the ground, and then fell off the ring.

I checked this again in training against other characters, and it works, but from what I've seen, it only happened to me in the second hit (which always has been 8B+K), and the other character has to be downed in the absolute edge of the ring, or really close to it. Another thing, if you use a third hop, (such as 9B+K,8B+K, and then 7B+K, for example), Mina jumps off the ring too, but most times she did it after the opponent.

I didn't check a lot because I haven't had much time, so I don't know if the RO can be done with another direction, like 7_9B+K. I also didn't check it against all characters, and there's probably more stuff I forgot.

But I wanted to contribute with something I found, maybe someone can make something useful of this. From what I've seen, it's just a thing to use more for fun than anything else, since you don't always get the chance to do this in a fight, and most times I fell off the ring trying to do it (though because of my own clumsiness and not the move per se).

I've done this a couple of times myself, but everytime I try to actually do the RO, I ring myself out instead.

In my humble opinion, blatant 3bK is a nice RO. Less punishable(?) and quicker, complements as another option to 8 A+B and B throw. Even better when you follow a hit K or 2A up with it near the edge as only a few really quick timed pokes will beat it out. Heck, even works when you step and punish a quick whiff near the edge. I personally like this move a lot (for Mina anyway). :p

It's punisheable. But I've actually found lately that it's pretty hard to punish on reaction if you use it fairly sparingly. So I've been working it into my game a lot more.

I should try 3bK more often too. What it happens a lot to me, is that I'm either too far away for it to connect, or I get blocked easily with it.

I get RO's every now and then with 88_22A. I should say that I make use and abuse of this move sometimes. But it beats out many attacks, and I can hit with it really often with it for some reason.

Oh, I forgot to say, I tried stuff about the weird 9B+K RO, but as everyone said before, it's a big meh. =)

umm this seems like an appropraite place to ask, 6k 3bK i desperatly want to do this but all i get is 6k 3k. can someone try this, to make sure its not just me being slow

Very nice list you put up there. Discovered some interesting stuff.
I remember ringing out someone with a simple 2A as well. Don't have time to check it though.

About the 9B+KB ringout, there are two minor setups I know of. 1A+B and 3A+B. For these they have to be pretty much perpendicular to the edge, and a little bit away from the edge (not right up against it, there needs to be a little distance). If they don't tech and you get the two hits, it'll ring out with either of these.

A+B works after 33KB? News to me, odd. Though I usually go for timing another 33KB for the relaunch mixup.

What you need to do is you need to anticipate a low or a throw and get a RO with A+K. Then you will look and feel like hot buttered shit.

That is why you become such a badass, using it to beat a low or a throw. They will put down their pad and leave the room, because you just won for the rest of the month and there's nothing they can do about it.

Back