Mitsu Patch Changes

hoshinocomet

[14] Master
Summary

Mitsurugi:
  • :4::A: (Drawn Breath), :6::6::A+B: (Phoenix Tail): decreased guard burst damage.
  • :B::B: (Forced Prayer Divide): created distance on hit in order to maintain distance on block.
  • :3::B: (Heaven Cannon): decreased guard burst damage and lowered critical gauge increase rate.
  • :2::K:::A+B+K: during midair hit :B: (Harvest Dance): lowered critical gauge increase rate.
  • :6::6: or :3::3: or :9::9::B::B: (Heavenly Dance): lowered guard burst decreased damage and critical gauge increase rate

Here are the changes in Critical Gauge gain. Orange text means pre-patch, while blue text represents post patch.

2K BE B
23 CU -> 13 CU

3B
10 CU -> 6 CU

66B
10 CU -> 6 CU

66BB
20 CU -> 15 CU

Here are the changes in guard meter damage . Again, Orange Text means Pre Patch, while Blue text means post patch. (edited(LAU): to keep colors of pre/post patch consistent....)

66A+B
Breaks in 8 -> Breaks in 10

4A
Turns bar yellow in 16 uses. Not possible to break guard with it

3B
Breaks in 12 -> Breaks in 15

3B BE
Breaks in 8 -> Breaks in 10

66BB
Breaks in 7 (second hit in string) -> Breaks in 8

66B
Breaks in 13 (first hit only) -> Breaks in 15

The 1.02 patch is relatively important to all.... so opening a new topic isn't a bad idea...

keep in mind despite Mitsurugi doesn't seem to have too many changes... the patch notes only briefly mentions the changes, people can still study stuff more indepth... like how many 3B/4A/66A+B will it take now to guard burst compared to before...

the patch effects the overall system and other character balance might be worth discussing as well and how those stuff might effect Mitsurugi's options...

finally... last but not least.... there's always that chance for some hidden buffs/nerfs.... there's often changes not mention on patch notes maybe it was accidental or maybe the developers wants the players to find it.

so lets keep this open for now..

-LAU

2KB* now bulds 13 CU
3B builds 6 CU (your generic juggles will build in around 5 uses or so)
66B build 6CU
66BB builds 15 CU

Pretty significant nerf I think. Also, I never payed attention to that before, but 2KB* builds same amount of CU to your opponent as well on hit. Other moves build twice as much to you are to your opp (i.e normal 2KB only builds 6 CU to opponent, 66BB also only build 6 CU, 66B only build 2 CU etc)

66A+B breaks in 10
4A turns bar yellow in 16 uses. its not possible to break guard with it (idk how it was before)
3B breaks in 15
3B* breaks in 10
66BB breaks in 8
66B breaks in 15

You have the patch already Belial?

Seeing from the info you posted, the nerfs appear to be kind of hard. They basically halved the meter gain and practically doubled the amount of times you have to use 66A+B, etc... to guard burst.

One question though, does 4B still break in like 7 or 8 still (I forgot how much it was, I'll check the guide)?

Anyways, we will have to adjust to these changes I'm afraid.

Edit:

What about the BB change? Was that sort of a buff?

Okay, so I was checking the guide and compared the guard burst data from the guide to what Belial posted, here's the comparisons:

Pre-Patch:
66A+B - breaks in 8
4A - its not possible to break guard with it, the guide has not info on that.
3B - breaks in 12
3B* - breaks in 8
66BB - breaks in 7 (this is the second hit of the string only)
66B - breaks in 13 (the first hit only)

Post-Patch:

66A+B breaks in 10
4A turns bar yellow in 16 uses. its not possible to break guard with it (idk how it was before)
3B breaks in 15
3B* breaks in 10
66BB breaks in 8
66B breaks in 15

The changes appear to be very slight in breaking their guard, but 4B was never mentioned and that thing breaks in a whopping 7 still!

The "official patch notes" on this site mention an unspecified damage reduction to 66_33_99BB. Is there an error in that post (most of the other damage reductions gave values) or is there a damage reduction? Magnitude?

Also, while losing meter gain/guard burst is annoying, I still think we got off relatively intact. I know I would much rather lose some guard burst shenanigans than see some BNBs turn unsafe or a flat damage reduction on half my moves, for example. I think this patch probably helps us more than hurts us just by virtue of what happened elsewhere on the roster.

BB seems unchanged to me, distance gain also seem unexistant.
Damage on 66_33B is not changed

I will quote my first thoughs from another thread:
Mitsurugi nerf is not medium, his ability to gain meter has been nerfed severely. Compare that with the fact that ability of many moves to GIVE meter to opponent has been nerfed in general, and you will no longer see those 2KB's flying.
Strangely though, I thought Mitsu would be sort of unchanged with that nerf and need more, but now it seems Namco hit the perfect spot to balance him out.

2KB* now bulds 13 CU
3B builds 6 CU (your generic juggles will build in around 5 uses or so)
66B build 6CU
66BB builds 15 CU

Pretty significant nerf I think. Also, I never payed attention to that before, but 2KB* builds same amount of CU to your opponent as well on hit. Other moves build twice as much to you are to your opp (i.e normal 2KB only builds 6 CU to opponent, 66BB also only build 6 CU, 66B only build 2 CU etc)

For easy comparison: old -> new

2k*b 23 CU -> 13 CU
3b 10 CU -> 6 CU
66b 10 CU -> 6 CU
66bb 20 CU -> 15 CU

2KB BE is not a constant threat anymore.

It is still pretty damn good, but you run out fast, and once you're out, you're out.

Now I actually have to get better?!
This is an outrage!

Back