Mitsu´s changes in Broken Destiny

i think mistu far 3B, 236 can do it on some characters .
Mist A,A,[A] Relic A it's gone .
BT B+K can't stun any more .
far CH 3B , 2A+B lend your opponent in ground stun and you can hit him with 44B ,6B or 33_99B or 66A+B or k:b .
CH 6K can't knock down you have to do 22_88K .
3B, k:B is no longer AC but you can break it with JF ukemi .
Mist 6B take you opponent far to you can do ( mist , A) but you cant do dash ( mist , A) or ( mist , K)
2K,B can't bound and the end hit cant catch ukemi .
2k knock down .
Mist 6B delay B can't lend your opponent in you BT to BT B+K .

Most of this just plain disgusts me.

from what ive seen from messing a bit with BD yesterday there is both good and bad stuff

on good stuff, but sadly it is mostly his damage combos rather than some new possibilities, but I havent test a lot of yet, thats just bad stuff is easier to notice.

The Buffs:
- k:B now deals 60 dmg (b:A unchanged 49-50)
- 3B k:B combo for 70 dmg (can be ukemied)
- A+B[6] and MST 4 same damage , give a combo with dash k:B for 95
- 33K CH KD combo with k:B for about 60 damage
- MST throws damage up to 45 and 50 A and B respectively, normal throws deal 45 and 55 like before
- 2KB deal 42 damage instead of 29 gives awesome wakeups. single 2K kd for 18 damage.
- MST KB damage up to 44 (from 34)
- BT B+K now ring outs and combos for 62 damage with 1A (probably with something else for more never tested)

The Nerfs:
- MST 6BB both hits no longer connects until near the wall/edge both after RLC A and 44B stun
- MST 6B RLC A is no longer a combo , MST 6B RLC B combo for ~45
- RLC K CH , RLC A now require a difficult dash to connect unless close to edge/wall, it is even harder b/c it is range dep, so uplcose you will need to dash, and far you cant. the best solution is probably to combo with another RLC K.
- RLC K damage down to 20 (from 24 i think)
- MST BBB CH, no longer combos with RLC A even on characters in used to combo.

First impressions:

I think generally ability to deal damage from stance has been weakened in some cases, mostly with RLC A combos, or remained unchanged (which is basically a nerf too, since the rest of damage got buffed) and only one really big buff with MST 4B / A+B[6] HUGE damage buff (20) , that I'm going to use a lot since I tend to use mst to duck high and throws a lot. Also in general mitsu CH game got a good buff but it is hard to say how strongly it is buffed since all characters seem to deal way more damage now. 33K works pretty well in combos, MST A+B 33K k:B is ~105 damage.
Another something I think is that namco tried to do even more moves useful now with this nerfs and buffs, but I wonder how it will work out. for ex 22K is a slow move but give CH combo like old 6K did, 66K doesnt give a CH stun but 33K does. MST 6B is way weaker than MST 4B so now there is a reason for using MST 4B unlike before. MST throws got better. generally I think all the before useful or semi-useful moves should be better now. Stance game is most likely changed and I will be reseaching that next so stay tuned for updates.

PS: the new arenas are completely wonderful, I cant wait to see them in good quality on PS3. I hope it gets ported, haha.

oh yes. actually a very slight delay is needed for more reliable combo!
so MST 6 RLC A, 1A is a combo for 62! no ukemi possible! if they try ukemi like before 1A traps! on all ranges! but MST 6B RLC A wont combo at maxx range of MST 6B hit it seems.

CH 4[A] MST B is combo near wall. (lol) I assume more adv on CH 4A now no more BT B+K interrupting MST 6B after 4A CH.

old wall combos do even more damage bah!
rlc K rlc K is no longer a combo but the previous combo is not that hard (RLC K CH dash RLC A) same with RLC A+B GC lvl 1 hit
RLC A+B lvl 1 block RLC A only works close

BT throw dmg up - 70

execution on MST and RLC stuff definitely harder to do. need a hit detect also. and with a 95 dmg mst 4B i really will get greedy haha.

4KB is safe now, if that isnt known till now....-10!!

If its known, sorry...wont read the whole thread :P

Am I the only one not liking those damage buffs?

What's the point of ending rounds with two combos? I'm all for the patch, but please don't give those damage buffs to everybody and go back to SCIII era. Or make the life bar go up as well (like 300 vs. 240).

About the 3B, k:B combo being JU, you mean you can JU at the end of the combo like 4KB? You can not avoid the damages, can you?

Real happy to see the old 33K combos.
CH MSTBBB into RLCA not being combo anymore isn't any nerf to me, it is already pretty tough - and not that useful - to get it to connect in SCIV.
RLC K damage getting down makes the whole RLC stance pressure rather weak.
On the other hand, MST seems to be getting stronger, so I guess it's alright.

okay a little more stuff

Frames:

4KB - -10 much safer as noted above

b:A its now -15~-14 close, but AA doesnt reach b/c of the pushback. even near the edge/wall. So its pretty spammable

CH 4A - like I posted above more adv, MST 6B is no longer interruptible with anohter mitsu BT B+K.

AA is faster

New Combos:
3B k:B - 70 dmg, 46 if they JU
236 k:B - around 100
A+B[6]/MST 4[6] , k:B - 92~95 dmg
MST A+B 33K k:B ~ 100

CH 3B 236 k:B ~100 - 3B now only launches high enough on CH.
CH 33[A] RLC B - new combo at close range, at least on another mitsu.
CH 33K k:B - ~70
CH b6 3A, 44 k:B ~ 76, hard, not reliable
CH b6 33K k:B ~70 easy.

SSR 22A 3B 236 k:B ~100
SSL 88A - no reliable damaging combo. (see changes on 22_88A below)

Removed combos
3B 236 - gone
2KB launch - gone
All ground stun related combos with MST 6B>B ender - only very close to the edge/wall.
RLC A+B lvl 1 guard now gives a big pushback, no guarantee unless close to a wall/edge
RLC A+B lvl 1 , RLC A gone. sometimes you might connect if you do a small dash, sometimes not (angle dep). not reliable.

Changed combos:
CH RLC K close, RLC A need a quick dash in, to combo , also see above about MST 6B>B ground hit nerf.
RLC A+B lvl 1, RLC K combos like before, but if it gives a stun or hits grounded is sometimes random.
MST 6>RLC [A] now cant dash, only works on close range. combo with 1A (guaranteed) 62 damage, more if they tech + traps.
BT B+K now produce a different stun, if hit opp close and front k:B for 77 or so damage. If hits back or far, 33B is probably the best combo.
22B k:B now tech catches a lot better than before, but is still inconsistant sometimes w/o reason.

Damage
k:B (60) now deals more damage than kB (54). up 10 points comared to SC4
b:A deals 51 (up from 49)
BT throw damage up to 70
MST throws damage up (10~5 damage)
MST KB dmg up 10 pts (44 now)
2KB dmg up 13 dmg (42 to 29)
66A+B deals much more damage than 44_11_77_99_33A+B

General Info
k:B have much better properties, hits grounded much more often.
22_88A - now produce a better stun, that allows to launch ppl with 3B or even throw. however due to hitbox issues sometimes throw wiffs w/o reason, 3B will most of the time wiff if you step to the left.
2KB is buffed, it now deals 42 damage regardless of ukemi and allows you to keep the pressure up. Very Good now. A totally uncalled for buff that will make mitsu pretty broken in this broken destiny.
b:A safety is a bad thing, even at -19 it was pretty spammable.
A LOT of stuff has been changed for WORSE, and the reason is that hitbox issues are very unstable now. A lot of stuff will not work at angle, a lot of stuff will not work consistantly even though you just did the same thing 5 times in a row. A lot of combos will work differently with just a small range difference that cannot be seen with an eye. some stuff will just work differently on CH for NO REASON at all. ex try experimenting with MST 6B at diff ranges and CH on/off you will see what I mean. thats not only case. some stuff that is supposed to combo just wont b/c it hits awnkwardly on your opponent. I wouldnt mind but 1) difference in damage is too big it would be ridiculous to try setting something up and ending with 40 dmg instead of 70. 2) Ability to detect some things is just way off. You do everything right then BAM , your opp is off axis for no reason. and sometimes you dont even have time to react to this, you have to buffer. then BAM, he safely gets up and takes half your life for whats supposed to be a guaranteed combo. well, unless his character is fucked up the same way and his "guaranteed" combo fails half-way. This is totally random and stupid. if that gets ported mitsu would be pretty difficult to play.

These Mitsu changes are quite saddening. It seems like they're taking all the Fun out of Mitsu...or all characters for that matter.

observation on 2KB.
if you get KD'ed by 2KB you're at neutral or -1 (your 2A trade with atacker 2A)
if you ukemi you're at a bigger disadvantage.
obviously an oversight from namco

also fc 1A+B -> 2A no longer catch right tech. 3A does. lol

damage scaling works different now for all characters, especially with side/back hits. Thats the main reason for bigger damage combos i think.
k:B on otg opponents after stun deals a lot of damage, so you can basically force them into a tech trap
MST 6B RLC A 1A = 62 dmg
MST 6B RLC A k:B = 81 dmg

I'm not sure if this was mentioned, but 3B not only gives a devastating combo on CH, but it's also much safer than in SC4. It's -12~14 on block. I also noticed, that 1A is -17.

b:A is -16 at close range. It also has some issues because it whiffs often (against a guarding Ivy anyway) at close range.

Seems like rugi's moving up the tier list...
If 66K doesn't KND on CH, then I'm guessing 33K is a bit slower???
Can you test this lolo???
If I had BD, I would've redone each character's Frame Data...

Back