Mitsu Tech Traps

Some more stuff
from 1A , if they stay otg A+B will hit, for good damage. a bit range dependant

RLC B - 33B catch all but right roll. (which kB catches)

3B 236{B1}
- A+K tech all. +40 dmg. hits some characters otg (sophie, asta)
- dash kB otg +37 dmg.

But since Jaeger posted a good combo on the other forum the latter might be useless.

CH 6K (21 dmg base)
- 1B : otg, right, normal, back, forward (15)
- 66BB : left (any range) , normal, back, forward (close range) (55)
I suggest always going for 66BB b/c the risk of it wiffing on medium range is high already. If you want to play it "safe", go for 6B+K mst mixups. not that left roll only gets relaunched if you slightly delay 66B.

this makes 6K a better high, than AA for most cases although AA tracks better vs evasion to mitsu left (example: yoshi BB block, 4A+B, only (A)A and 4A hit him out of this). Note, however, that i11 A will trade with 6K leaving you backturned and negating tech traps, thus 3A is a better option to beat SSR and interrupts.

Updated first post

Nice finds Belial. I've been using 6K over AA actually for some reason. However, does 3A have a weakness to stepping left? Considering how you get rewarded by any kind of counter in this game, particularly stepping, I wonder whether or not it would be better to go for 3A almost every time.

Jago: SSR = Side Step Right
Syr: 3A is steppable to mitsu's right (opp left)

Thought I would share some of my tech traps.

CH 4B (28 dmg base)
Tech traps like 1A so all relevant follow ups would apply.

66 A+B (42 dmg base)
236 (42 dmg) catches normal, forward and back techs. Great for ring outs IMO.

66 A+B (42 dmg base)
- RLC [A] (21 dmg), MST 6B (16 dmg) adding the additional hit in MST 6BB (where applicable) would add an additional 24 Dmg. *Tech Catches all * Note: on this particular tech catch there is a slight delay when you transition to RLC then use RLC [A].

22_88 B (29 dmg base)
- RLC [A] (21 dmg), MST 6B (16 dmg) adding the additional hit in MST 6BB (where applicable) would add an additional 24 Dmg. *Tech Catches all * Note: No delay is necessary when you transition to RLC then use RLC [A]

* Tech catches all with the exception of the following characters.

Yoda - No explanation necessary.

Lizardman - RLC [A] will whiff on a back tech if 88 B is used.

Setsuka - RLC [A] will whiff on a left tech if 22_88 B is used.

Sigfried - RLC [A] will whiff on a left tech if 22_88 B is used.

Hilde - RLC [A] will whiff on a left tech if 22_88 B is used.

Maxi - RLC [A] will whiff on a left tech if 88 B is used.

Voldo -RLC [A] will whiff on a left tech if 22_88 B or 66 A+B is used.

Astaroth - RLC [A] will whiff on a left tech if 22_88 B is used.

Cervantes - RLC [A] will whiff on a left tech if 88 B is used.

Yoshimitsu -RLC [A] will whiff on a left tech if 88 B is used.

My thoughts on the matter? 88 B over all is unreliable against left techs. May be related to the opponents stance, as in positioning when they fall. For example 88 B will work against Hilde if you buffer it from a guard as to reduce the side stepping. Where as with Sigfried you would have to step him completely for it to work.

Would post more but this is to much typing for me.

eh whatever.

This is a very interesting find, but 22_88B is already weak against left tech. It's great against characters who cannot escape this. Too bad unblockable doesnt hit grounded that would make an excellent mixup.

Saitoh: sorry for the delay, had a lot of work in RL.
b:A after CH 6K
Mitsu vs Hilde I got following results
catches -, normal, forward, backward teches (AT on forward and backward)
wiffs - right, left
hope that helps.

I'm the only one to find k:B very unreliable against a lot of char to hit OTG after a 3B, 236{B1} ? Like sophitia, Xiang or Amy etc

Cant find a way to hit it consistently, so far the best method seems to wait a second after you recover from 236{B1} and then doing k:B, but it still whiff sometime, probably for range reason ...

On contrary some chars like Yoshimitsu or Astaroth are very easy to hit with this tech trap OTG.

I've actually dropped k:B from my Mitsu regimen. I think the problem you're running into is that k:B only hits on the second grounded, right?

Then again Mitsu has some very annoying whiffs already, like 22B :/

Yeah, or even whiffing completely without real reason ... guess i'll have to make a list of chars easy to hit OTG after the 3B combo with k:B and a black list :)
33B could be somewhat used instead, but less rewarding and maybe riskier.

Might be less rewarding but going for it to end the round would be quite flashy... especially if preceded by a "shoryuken!" :P

6K CH -> 33A is a tech trap. Haven't test all direction, but it definitely catches Left.

But for some weird reason is kind of hard to do, you probably have to buffer the moment 6K hit. (or maybe is just character specific, I can get it 90% of the time against NM)

I recommend trying this once in a while, because even if you fail the tech trap and your opponent block your 33A, you are still set up for a very sweet relic game. And if they stay OTG to avoid your 33A, remember to relic-gi that WS attack!! (Hint: 95% WS attacks are Mid!!)

:O Nice stuff KnightSpirit. I need to work in 6_22K back into my game anyhow... this is just one more reason to do it.

However, in my testing I couldn't get 6K as a tech trap against Misturugi.. I'm doing something wrong. Here's my results with 22K though:

22K, 33A catches
--normal, forward from any side
--back, from front or back only
--catches left if on opponent's right side
--catches right if on opponent's left side.

Saitoh: connecting kB after 3B 236B1 is very easy you have to do a small step in
3B 236B1 66~n~kB it will hit otg and tech right as I posted above. Works on ALL characters absolutely without exceptions. does not depend on angle and whatever.

Yeah I tried that but i couldnt get it consistently .. i don't know why :)

Guess I have to work harder on it, i must miss something very simple here.

Back