Mitsu vs. _____

dantemundus

[08] Mercenary
genver's edit:

Didn't see this anywhere, so I'm making it. This is the Mitsu matchup thread!

Please feel free to post any questions you have about specific matchups, or moves.

Remember, stuffing their moves means 2KBs galore!

I've been playing online for a while, and I can handle most characters. But I just cannot do well at all against Amy when I'm playing as Mitsu. Any tips for this particular matchup?

Mitsu vs. Amy: HELP!!

Spam AAs to interupt hers. If it's defense you're having trouble with, play Amy for a bit and get used to her attacks. That way you can recognize them when you're fighting against her. Use 2KB, and keep your opponent off your feet.

These are all very generic answers to a generic problem... Sorry but you're too vague on your problems and your own playing ability.

Either way, welcome to 8WayRun :) Please make sure you check out the forum directory and newbie silencer if you have any questions about notations, terminology, etc.

Amy doesn't have the greatest range, so use that to your advantage.

4B, 44B and 4B+K all move you back-some more than others, and even the little back step that shifting into Relic cuase can be enough for a whiff.

44A+B is also good to step back and then come back with a powerful atack, that is safe on block and opens up nasty guarenteed tech traps when it hits.

thanks for the tips guys. I still have problems with Amy, but i just need to spend more time in training against edgemaster. the online lag doesn't really help either... but thanks again.

Asura Dance...putting a stop to that shit.

When used properly, there's not much you can do about it since you should have been G.I'd. or tossed in the air by FOTD.

But more often than not, people tend to toss it out there like it's going to save the day. Other than stepping the second hit or GI's, Mitsu can interrupt the second hit of the Asura Dance with 1B.

With Mitsu I usually use more 4K against Kilik then usual, since it beats out Asura attempts. The Kilik player will most likely try to go for Asura after blocking it, since it will autoGI the B of 4KB. So you can just do the 4K, block the Asura and punish it with 1B, or step to the left and punish.

6K or better 22K would also be a good, faster alternative. If you're worried about using a high (I don't know why...) then 33K would be just as good. Even better if you just keep the Kilik guessing after a good 2KB~oki setup then I don't know how much you'd have to worry about Kilik's WS B.

I was not talking about using 1B as a punishment option for a blocked Asura Dance. If you block the Asura, you can get whatever you want. I was talking about after guarding the first hit, 1B interrupts the rest of the string.

I think OOF meant punishing in the general sense, Legend ^_^;;

Still, if 1B can interrupt it, then anything i18 and less can hit it. Hell, if you iFC and use FC1B you can get a CH and go for some insane damage. 11BAB would combo thanks to CH. This also includes 6A~RLC fun, 3B... Somehow random Asura doesn't seem so bad anymore :P

Unfortunately that's not the case. 1B just crushes the second hit, Completely going under it. Can't even do that with6 B+K even though it executes in 19.

That's odd. I didn't think 1B TC'd low enough to duck a mid... if that's the case you'd have TC options. Is this another case of SC randomness?

it doesnt tech jump immediately so 2kb will work. also, i just punish the 2nd or 3rd hit with 3b. its a mix up way in your favor since you re doing an easy 57 points on either. like mentioned, 4k is also useful. in general with kilik i take a more wait and see approach with him on offense. when i get close i like to let him go first and then mix up whatever it is he does on block.

1B tech-"side steps" and interrupts the second hit of Asura, and will also punish the first hit if done alone. That's what I meant by using 1B to punish. Whenever you block the first hit of Asura 1B will make you avoid having to deal with it's block mixups.

1B tech-"side steps" and interrupts the second hit of Asura, and will also punish the first hit if done alone. That's what I meant by using 1B to punish. Whenever you block the first hit of Asura 1B will make you avoid having to deal with it's block mixups.

Gotcha, thought you meant 1B after blocking the string. K everyone's on the same page.

Mitsu vs. ______

Hilde Question:

since mitsu gets real linear at mid-range and farther, how can I get inside on a steppin' Hilde?

• Running in is simply out of the question.
  • 66A+B fails, if Hilde steps left = death combo.
  • 9A+B is not a valid option, this could get air stabbed and combo'd.
  • 66BB = death combo

anyone got any good ideas?

66A and 33_99A are both safe. They have enough disadvantage on block that C3 B would stuff most, if not all of your moves (In terms of frames, at least), but they're safe. If Hilde thinks she's being a clever bitch by stepping your 66A+B, don't forget about the cancel (Of course, don't abuse that cancel either). Also, 9A+B is a retarded move to begin with, IMHO.

Mitsu vs. ______

Hilde Question:

since mitsu gets real linear at mid-range and farther, how can I get inside on a steppin' Hilde?

• Running in is simply out of the question.
  • 66A+B fails, if Hilde steps left = death combo.
  • 9A+B is not a valid option, this could get air stabbed and combo'd.
  • 66BB = death combo

anyone got any good ideas?

If you have trouble getting close to a stepper, 8wr A+B is a very good option. But you can't use that move when your opponent isn't doing anything. If your opponent is keeping distance from you, what you should do is to dance just outside of his max range, (e.g hilda c3B range), wait for her to attack with something, then punish with 8wr A+B immediately, even if is a very fast recovery move where you can't punish fast enough, you will at least be able to get inside.

also mid-far range, to cut stepper, here are your options you can consider:

22/88A+K (insane range, cut all stepper, and close the distance to 0)
33A
4A
66A
B+K (You can combo this for major damage if you can land a step counter hit)

Ba can also stop steppers, even better if you get the just frame version- which I can never do on a stick. I have no problem, doing it on a pad, but any just frame slide inputs, are basically gone from my arsenal.

Back