Mitsu vs. _____

VS LC can you get away with 7A+B and the like?

This was discussed earlier in this thread. Hope this helps...

Not many liz moves has good adv on hit, use 3A more, step to the left.
on LC
on block LC A -> 66BB interrupts ALL but aGI, deal with aGI anyway you want. if you get aGI'ed backjump or 8wrL

on hit LC A -> 66BB interrupts all but LC A, backjump deals with LC A, 8wrL beats all but delayed moves (just hold 8 (if p1) no timing needed)

on block LC K - LC A will trade with 2A. apply same strats as if LC A hit (above) , you cannot 8wr though, b/c LC K forces crouch

on block LC B - punish with 66BB

on block LC A+K B, usually people try to interrupt react accordingly
on block LC A+K LC , apply same strats as for LC A hit/LC K blckd
on block LC B+K i think 2KB is guaranteed.

on hit BT B+K dont tech. delayed BT B+K is a tech trap

note: if you backjump LC A or LC K , 2KB is free.

learn to block 1K on reaction, punish with WS B (FC 1B works but is hard, might get evaded by LC transition if you miss precise timing)

This game isn't dead!

I need help vs Kilik. I'm not super experienced but I got my basics down, however Kilik is hard to touch. Especially if the Kilik is aggressive i have problems. How can I approach and punish him? General tips are apprecciated as well.

This game isn't dead!

I need help vs Kilik. I'm not super experienced but I got my basics down, however Kilik is hard to touch. Especially if the Kilik is aggressive i have problems. How can I approach and punish him? General tips are apprecciated as well.

Your damn right this game isn't dead! ^_^

I haven't played very good offline Kiliks so players like Belial who constantly plays Edge (A Kilik user) are probably more accurate and tested sources for all this info (Plus he is freaking Godly lol).
Here is my two cents on how you should deal with the match-up though, info from playing Mitsu plenty and also playing a little Kilik myself.

At Mid-Range: Step frequently, Kilik doesn't have extremely good step catchers at this range, most of his powerful stuff is fairly linear. Bait for CH with B6, its fast enough to interrupt plenty of his options. Use 22B, its great for stepping and wiff punishing even at range. At tip range use b:A but dont abuse it, im pretty sure Kilik can punish that. Also wiff punish with k:B since it has great range. Use 8wr A+B_A+B,G + mix-up to get close to him. If opponent is a heavy stepper use 1A or 66A. You can also dash while in Mist or RLC to track his movement and get in close were you are at a better advantage.

At Close-Range: Here you have the advantage IMO. Use his stances... a lot... specially Relic. Bait for CH with 3A and B6. Use BB and AA plenty, they are faster than a lot of Kilik's moves and they are NC (AA is great for catching step and punishing a little). If he is on top of you interrupt with 2A or 6K. AGAIN USE RELIC and MIST, AND RLC to MST transition and other transitions into stances. Use 22A for Wiff punishing when possible, it gives big damage and RO possibility. If he is stepping Mitsu has plenty of stuff to deal with that; I like using 4A_{A}, 6A_{A} and 33{A} but his main one is AA.

BTW if Kilik tries a normal grab and the edge is behind you, always break with B. If he tries to grab you from MO stance and the edge is to his left always break with B. In any other case that he tries to grab you from MO desperately break with A lol. Getting hit with FOTD into Asura hurts... a lot.

There is plenty more stuff but Its late lol. Ill get more into punishing some other time (Mitsu is not a very good punishing character BTW). If you have any questions on terminology or anything else dont hesitate to send me a PM and ill try to walk you through it. I didn't go into options from stances cause Im guessing you know those but if you dont again either ask here in the SA or PM me and ill try to help you out.

Back