Mitsurugi General Discussion and Q&A

Since the combo thread is locked yet, i post it here. Checked the sample pages from the Future Press guide and added some moves:

for notation i used [BE] for Brave Edge and [CE] for Critical Edge. MST is fro Mist stance:

3B, 236B - 65
3B, 236B[BE],1B - 79
3B, 236B[BE], [CE] - 112
3B, 3B[BE] - 69
3B, 66BB - 80
3B, BB, 66BB - 94
3B, BB, [CE] - 95
3B, BB, 236B - 78-84
1AB, 236, 1B - 103
1AB, 236, [CE] - 139
1AB, 236, 2K - 103
1AB, 3B [BE] - 90
1AB, 66BB - 93
1AB, BB, BB - 84
1AB, 4KB - 85-96
MST A+B, 3B, 236B - 96
MST A+B, 3B, 236B[BE], 1B - 106
MST A+B, 3B, 236B[BE], [CE] - 126
MST A+B, 3B, 236B - 96
MST A+B, 3B, BB, BB - 99
MST A+B, 3B, 3B[BE] - 100
MST A+B, 66BB - 93
66A+B, [CE] 98-104
66A+B, 3B - 76
4K, [CE] - 73-80
9A+B, [CE] - 103-123

Has anyone found a way of getting Mitsu in BT? The reason being: there's a move that interests me:
Samurai Tackle (BT B+K) Mid 30(Damage) i10 -12(B) Stun(H) TC

I may have found a way after a launcher such as 1AB followed by 666B+K~MIST, though this is unconfirmed for today, and there's gotta be an easier way? Goodnight! zzz

You could use 9A+B and get behind your opponent. You may be able to get a B+K out of the scenario but this will only work once against a decent opponent.

That being said, it is a terrible gimmic and I would never suggest this in tournament play.

I just had my butt handed to me from RTD(Xiba) and Trungy(Natsu) at K.I.T (Knoxville, TN major). I know that there are a lot of holes in my play, but that's not what I found so disturbing. As I started to soul search, I witnessed how many other characters find success in their matches.
  • Natsu with quick interrupts and brutal punishes.
  • Maxi with never-ending strings and well-timed staggers
  • Xiba being... well... Xiba (Auto-GIs EVERYWHERE)
But what is it that top Mitsurugi players are able to do that makes them successful?

Mix-up from greater range? I haven't done my homework on mitsu yet, but that's historically been a strength of his and that 2KB BE looks pretty solid.

I think Mitsu in V is more of a defensive type character unlike in previous version. And yes, I think mix-up from greater range and zoning in with tools like 4B is useful. use poke. lol

Dont forget 6B8 which is back as well. Its high, and can be stopped, but its fast, good range and safe.

I try not to use 2K until I am certain as its unsafe on block if im correct. As for MST, havent found alot usage for it, but I enter stance only after my combo.

When when I do, and if I have meter, will try to pull off 2K BE B. If your wakeup game is good, even better when doing it.

I havent gotten into the other characters much since I come from Tekken and SCV is my first SC i'm going to seriously learn.

so just a few question if anyone knows.

1)I noticed pretty much every low Mitsu has that doesnt knock down is -frames on hit. Is this common or are Mitsus lows just kinda ass?

2)Hows Mitsus block punishment compared to other characters? Compared to what i'm used to in Tekken Mitsus seems pretty weak (And in Tekken my char is one of the weaker punishers) but is it any good compared to the SC cast?

1)I noticed pretty much every low Mitsu has that doesnt knock down is -frames on hit. Is this common or are Mitsus lows just kinda ass?

that's how the game is, no other low poke like 6B2 I know of is + on hit. it shouldn't be, anyway.

2)Hows Mitsus block punishment compared to other characters? Compared to what i'm used to in Tekken Mitsus seems pretty weak (And in Tekken my char is one of the weaker punishers) but is it any good compared to the SC cast?

6B8 is actually pretty good. i14, 32 dmg, +6 on hit. this game is faster, but I consider an i14 punisher above average.

I find myself playing a much more patient, defensive-poke game as well. There aren't as many safe tools to guarantee good damage, but we have a lot of options for mixups. I'm still not sure how I feel about it in general yet, but I love Mitsu so I'll stick with it for now.

For me, I find the Mitsu key is controlling the run via 22_88A, 4A (with 6 to MST for variation), 66A, and 6A/2A up close so that people get afraid to step. Then you can start using high-low pokes to mix up and get the bigger-damage B launchers and combos off of those.

Meter use for stuff like 2K BE B or 236 BE B is key. Both have the ability to ground people so you get an advantageous position for mind game. His wall game can be pretty brutal as well, although situational and really requires meter for the best results. You can get over 50% damage easily if you have meter off a wall stun. Not sure if anyone has posted any of the combos from the guide up here but there are some good ones in there, if not I can do so.

Hi can someone tell me how to read these fighting game notations? One such as MST A+B, 3B, 236B[BE], 1B - 106. what does it mean?

Looks like Nightmare's hitbox is a little wonky with some of the combos that ends in 1B. If you dash forward to go right up to him and start your 3B it's fine, but notice how after dashing into Nightmare you get moved back a bit. If you 3B from that moved back position, it looks like the 1B won't connect. 1AB combos that end in 1B seem to have the same issue.

Hi can someone tell me how to read these fighting game notations? One such as MST A+B, 3B, 236B[BE], 1B - 106. what does it mean?

http://8wayrun.com/wiki/movelist-input-guide/

Go to mist-step then A+B, 3B, 236 (silent step) B (brave edge version, A+B+K after pressing B), then 1B. 106 damage.

Here is something that will help you out.
It has everything but BE which means Brave Edge, CE which means Critical Edge, and MST which is exclusive to Mitsu as it references his Mist Stance. So anything that is after "MST" means that the next command is to be done while in his MST stance.

Oh and just one more thing, why haven't I seen 3B, EX 236B, 1A yet? It takes off close to 90 (I'll have to test again) is guaranteed, and will lead to even more if they try to tech.

I'm pretty sure you can replace 1A with the 66A+B for a little more damage and I don't think they can tech out of it but I like the idea of keeping them thinking about that damage that will come if they tech.

You can 9G after a KD where they land right next to you but it's sounds like some risky shit you may be trying to do.

I'm new to this so maybe I'm testing it wrong, but it looks like the 1A can be blocked and the 66A+B can be avoided with a tech roll to the left or right. They'll get hit otherwise...

Hmmm. You may be right. I'll test it again when this damn game is over. Who the fuck watches foot ball over SC??? Fucking Superbowl!

~edit

you are right sir. I'm still trying to find what the advantage to hitting with EX 236B over the regular version besides being able to hit with a 1B follow up.

I agree with what some posted earlier; a very dangerous strategy to use 9A+B. (I have actually done that online but it was because of a weak opponent I played. lol ) But yes it would be nice if that shoulder move could be added to mitsu's arsenal in the future without having to turn his back. Maybe they can add it to his mist step in an update or in the next game.

Remember to mix up as much as possible. His BE moves are good especially mist b BE; Leads to massive damage. His oki game is sick. Once you trip opponent, mix in a+b, b~a, f,f+b, or 2kb etc. His dash into mist stance is great as it goes under high attacks. Furthermore, mix in throws from mist as well. Mitsu's strength lies in his mix ups. His wind hole series is really good as well. If you can consistently JF the fb, d (JF), that leads to followup etc.

Back