Mitsurugi General Discussion and Q&A

Mist is good but u have to transition into when you have advantage. For example b,b ~mist on block is asking for series punishment.

Hmmm. You may be right. I'll test it again when this damn game is over. Who the fuck watches foot ball over SC??? Fucking Superbowl!

~edit

you are right sir. I'm still trying to find what the advantage to hitting with EX 236B over the regular version besides being able to hit with a 1B follow up.

Maybe a better push back, which can lead to RO

Jst wanted to drop by and say that I will be maining Mitsurugi on this game.He was the first character I ever used in a fighting game back when I was 5 years old.

Been playing Mitsurugi since SC1.

In SC5 I think he excels at interrupting other characters' flows with great pokes, baiting people into attacking and then punishing with 4B, K+B, and Ba.

He's neither ultra-aggressive (like Natsu) or ultra-defensive (like Ivy, from what it appears to me). He's somewhere in between. A good all-around versatile character with a good poking game and good mixups & okizeme.

Most of his attacks come out pretty quickly and have good range. I find myself getting lots of counter hits from B,B.

3K and 3A are still great for disrupting players at close range.

He also hits pretty heavy.

So to sum up:
+Good at interrupting opponents
+Great pokes
+Decently fast startup on most attacks
+Good mixups
+Best used at mid-range
+Good okizeme
+Good damage
+Useful BE moves

-Fairly easy to read attack animations... easy to become predictable with him if you don't mix up his moves
-At close and long range he has very few options
-Can be zoned by characters with lots of reach

Okay the only thing I've found different for EX 236B is the fact that it'll knock down like 236 {B} but at i16 instead of the i26 it normally would take.

Anyone have any good combos off of 3B?

I also have found doing MIST B,B,B at the beginning of a round usually works. I dont think it is very punishable, and it catches a lot of people off guard. Anyone use something else to begin a round?

The first two combos in the second post are his BnBs off it. For the BE one, if you're at very max range take a tiny step forward right after the BE before doing 1B so that it doesn't whiff. Mist step is still good at going under shit (Maybe even better lol) but getting it stepped after doing stuff that isn't A kinda sucks, though I dunno how well his throws track from it. Mitsu's got solid movement and range on normals so if I don't have a good idea of what the opponent is gonna do I just back off lol.

Didn't see this posted here:

If you do 11BA6 and just the A ch's (more common than you think if you are trying to kill 8wr or people who are "looking for their turn") you can confirm MST b (BE) into 3B for whatever combo you want. It's fun. Many people confuse 1B and 11B so it's worth mixing in randomly.

I forgot, a basic wall combo if you know first 3B will splat and wanna save meter: 3B W!, 3B!, B+K6, 1A. Does like 126 if they're stupid and tech into the 1A, and 97 if they don't. There's prolly better stuff but it's a start.

Also, fucking lol@the frame data saying Mitsu 66A+B is -22.

For what it's worth after 66A+B, 2A+B you can tech catch.

b,b - right
1b - right
2b - right

236b - left
236b BE - left

2a - left & right
3a - left & right
1k - left & right
CE - left & right

if they decide to just block without teching they are in range for a 2k BE or 236{b}

of course they can just back and avoid all of these

after 6B2 and 2A+B hit grounded/teching you get a free dash- wake up with a lot of adv to make 2KB uninterruptible
this will cover backteches as well.

Hey, i'm planning to main mitsurugi for SCV. But i've never played him in any of the games. (Usually a Voldo main) Could i get any tips?

CH MST BBB, CE (62)
CH MST B+K, CE (107)
CH MST B,B+K, CE (80)
CH B+K, CE (117)

You need to delay second 236B input a bit, so mitsurugi does a slight dash forward before doing CE.

Also for tech catches
any 236B knockdown (BE or hold)

- 66A+B back. cannot be rolled. 98 w/o tech, 110 w tech. safe on wiff but large disadv.
You can use A+B instead of 66A+B, less dmg, but you are left only at -5 on wiff.

- Dash 2KB* left,right 92-112 depending if you do BE or hold. Second hit can be blocked and punished if opp. stays grounded. If you only use regular 2K it deals from 63 to 80 something dmg
timing is also tricky on this stuff if you want it to catch both sides.

CH MST BBB, CE (62)
CH MST B+K, CE (107)
CH MST B,B+K, CE (80)
CH B+K, CE (117)

You need to delay second 236B input a bit, so mitsurugi does a slight dash forward before doing CE.

Also for tech catches
any 236B knockdown (BE or hold)

- 66A+B back. cannot be rolled. 98 w/o tech, 110 w tech. safe on wiff but large disadv.
You can use A+B instead of 66A+B, less dmg, but you are left only at -5 on wiff.

- Dash 2KB* left,right 92-112 depending if you do BE or hold. Second hit can be blocked and punished if opp. stays grounded. If you only use regular 2K it deals from 63 to 80 something dmg
timing is also tricky on this stuff if you want it to catch both sides.
What does CH mean?

Back