Mitsurugi General Discussion and Q&A

FC 1BB into step 33BB works on all chars but depends on axis. You have to detect that, but its consistant after GB

after GB
FC 1BB 99BB is 90 dmg and lots of meter
Near walls you may want to go for 44B~6~MST its 140 dmg even off GB (which only has CH property but not increased damage on combos)
You can get around 120 with 236B into CE

there are no issues with this combo as long as it hits them front. normally you are able to see if itll combo while enemy is in the air. after GB, like I said, it should be 100% guaranteed

Last edited:
Hey im a fellow misturugi player on xbl right now i use MST and pokes a lot and was wondering if anyone could give any tips

Welcome, blah blah blah.

Don't use MST outside of combos (not a mixup as it is either High or Low), master 6B series, figure out your meterless damage combos (ex 3B 236B BE 1B from 3B 66BB), and If All That Fails Just Play Pat.

Other than that just read the other boards in the forum or PM me as I am the Rugi SA Mod.

Even if the stance is suboptimal it's worth knowing its options in case you need to cancel 4B. I'm thinking there might be some substance behind 4B6 -> MST A.

Can someone explain how it's possible to connect Misturugi's 66B to 236B? I was playing THESTAMPED on ps3 and he kept connecting those two moves over and over again. It didn't look like a counter hit, but he was knocking my character high enough with 66B to follow up with 236B. I've tried to connect these two moves during matches and training mode but I can never make 236B connect after 66B because the other player doesn't launch that high and they fall pretty fast.

Can someone explain how it's possible to connect Misturugi's 66B to 236B? I was playing THESTAMPED on ps3 and he kept connecting those two moves over and over again. It didn't look like a counter hit, but he was knocking my character high enough with 66B to follow up with 236B. I've tried to connect these two moves during matches and training mode but I can never make 236B connect after 66B because the other player doesn't launch that high and they fall pretty fast.

It's 33B that launchers them higher for combo.

It's 33B that launchers them higher for combo.
I got to try it! You were right! I'm still annoyed though; details like this are not mentioned in the game's training mode. In fact, they leave a lot of things unmentioned or unexplained. Thanks for telling me. TheStamped could've just told me, but instead he sent me on a goosechase looking for a wiki page. I appreciate your effort.

I got to try it! You were right! I'm still annoyed though; details like this are not mentioned in the game's training mode. In fact, they leave a lot of things unmentioned or unexplained. Thanks for telling me. TheStamped could've just told me, but instead he sent me on a goosechase looking for a wiki page. I appreciate your effort.
A lot of moves in SCV have different properties even though they are essentially the same move, ex: Pyrrha 3A+B and 66A+B (3 more damage to the latter) and Rugi 66K and 33K (KND on CH, again to the latter). Only way to find them all is to experiment.

As to TheStamped making you look it up without telling you, it was a better way for you to learn the information rather than just telling you. Welcome back to the community.

With me knowing about the differences of 66K and 33K_99K (counter-hit and damage-wise) I just had a feeling it had to do something about using 33B_99B instead.

Back