Mitsurugi/ Sophitia moveset analysis from trailer

"Mitsu can combo 33_66_99 into RLC AA to RLC B"
Anyone seen that on video?

How about Mitsu's RLC "Path of Damnation" from SC1?

I don't know about that.
I just found it here @ 11:20, but unfortunately it got interrupted:

However, I'm pretty sure that's the start of the animation for Path of Damnation/Bill of Fire from SC1-3.

How about Half Moon Death and Full Moon Death?

So... has anyone found out yet if Mitsu has half/full moon death? Kilik and Sophi seems to have practically every move they had in SC1!

So... has anyone found out yet if Mitsu has half/full moon death? Kilik and Sophi seems to have practically every move they had in SC1!

Yes, Mitsu still has Full Moon Death(2B+K) & the B attack from it is his A+B in SCV. Mitsu can still 2B+K to keep doing it over & over again. For Half Moon Death, his AA from it in SCII are the 1st two hits of his RE AAA.

Yes, Mitsu still has Full Moon Death(2B+K) & the B attack from it is his A+B in SCV. Mitsu can still 2B+K to keep doing it over & over again. For Half Moon Death, his AA from it in SCII are the 1st two hits of his RE AAA.
Half/Full Moon Death: I refer to 2 unblockable moves from SC1 that involved quarter-circle back motion (214) + A or B.

Nope, but Mitsu's RLC AA is his SCI Relic & Relic A+B. In SCVI, the 2nd hit is AA guard break instead of an unblockable.

Relic A
RLC A.gif

Relic A+B
RLC AA.gif

SCVI RLC AA
SCVI RLC AA.gif

Mitsu's 1BA+B(Lethal Hit) ~ RLC A+B
SCVI Mitsu 1BA+B Lethal Hit ~ RLC A+B.gif

Im sure RLC A+B can be held for the double Low Unblockable.

The 2nd & 3rd hits of Mitsu's RE AAA are his SCII HMD AA
SCII HMD AA.gif

SCVI RE AAA
RE AAA.gif

He still has FMD B. In SCIV & SCV, Mitsu could only do the B version.
FMD B.gif

Update on SCVI Sophitia Changes

Sophitia TAS AB
Sophitia TAS AB.gif

Sophitia's Soul Charge Mode AS AAB
Sophitia's Soul Charge AS AAB.gif

Sophitia's CE is an Anti-Air
Sophitia's CE as an Anti-Air.gif

Sophitia's TAS B(Sorry it's not the JF)
ezgif-5-b49197bf70.gif

The other option after AS B is a B JF for Pyrrha Omega style wall splats and ring outs as seen in the PSX 2017 trailer.
ezgif-5-e341940b21.gif

Last edited:
Mitsu Updates from EVO Japan & Tonight's Exhibition.

236B Knockback
236B Knockback.gif

Remember when Mitsu use do b:A Attack Throw without the aid of CH in SCIII & SCIV. It's back in SCVI as Soul Charge Mode bA.
Mitsu's Soul Charge Mode 1KBB is Mitsu's 2K[BE} in SCV.
Remember kB2 in SCII to make kB safe. Mitsu's Soul Charge Mode kB is a Guard Break.

Mitsu Soul Charge bA, 1KBB, kB Guard Break
Mitsu Soul Charge bA, 2KBB, kB Guard Break.gif

Mitsu 3B(Lethal Hit) ~ 2A+B ~ 66A+B
Mitsu 3B Lethal Hit ~ 2A+B ~ 66A+B.gif

Mitsu 22_88A(Lethal Hit)
Mitsu 22_88A Lethal Hit ~ 4A+B-B.gif

Mitsu A+B(Lethal Hit)
Mitsu GB Lethal hit.gif

Mitsu RLC B (Lethal Hit) ~ 66A+BG ~ RLC
Mitsu RLC B Lethal Hit.gif

Mitsu FC 1B(Lethal Hit)
Mitsu FC 1B Lethal Hit.gif

Mitsu B6 (Lethal Hit)
Mitsu B6 Lethal Hit.gif

Mitsu B6 KND in Air
Mitsu B6 KND.gif

Mitsu's CE Air Combo
Mitsu CE Air Combo.gif

Mitsu's Mist A+B Revenge aGI
Mist Revenge A+B Unblockable.gif

Attachments

• Mitsu 3B Lethal Hit ~ 2A+B ~ 66A+B.gif
    Mitsu 3B Lethal Hit ~ 2A+B ~ 66A+B.gif
    6.2 MB · Views: 244
  • Mitsu 66A+B G Cancel ~ RLC.gif
    Mitsu 66A+B G Cancel ~ RLC.gif
    1.9 MB · Views: 238
Last edited:
SCVI Sophitia Updates

CH44AB
Sophitia CH 44AB.gif

Soul Charge Mode CH 44AB
Sophitia CH Soul Charge Mode 44AB.gif

Sophitia DAS B Lethal Hit ~ 3B ~ DAS B KND in Air Combo
Sophitia DNS B Lethal Hit ~ 3B ~ DNS B KND in Air Combo.gif

Sophitia had DAS B KND in Air Combos in Lost Swords
Soulcalibur Lost Swords Combo vid _ feat. Sophitia (720p_30fps_H264-192kbit_AAC).gif

TAS B is a lethal hit on whiff punish lmaooo it does so much damage, especially since TAS B causes a comboable knockdown on an air hit now. This combo literally almost did half life and it probably wasn't max damage. It also does significantly more than if you just did TAS B:4 lethal hit. So it looks like you'll only be doing the B:4 followup for punishing rather than whiff punishing.

15183674302503521.gif

The gif is bad quality but go to 3:11 in this video to see it better
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=167&v=Vyp4z1KS3Fc

Also, TAS AB is a break attack lol guess we won't have to worry about people GI TAS AA

The first vid in particular I tried to focus on soul charge. Mitsu is so damn cool with the extra hits! We did try to gi the second hits of 22bb though, and there's enough time to do so, so I guess it isn't too spamable. First hit of sc 22bb forces enough forced crouch frames to make them block or guess gi though. Can't step between.

From testing with people at strongstyle, here's some random stuff we discovered (if it hasn't been discovered yet)
Mitsu:
4B command now does old 6B8. It is also a frame or two slower than just BB, as we tried punishing a mitsu 33B with both BB and 4B, and only BB would hit, so 4B is slower.

236[K] is his old 11K into relic (think SC4?). This move is amazing as it makes a frametrap! On hit, we tried 236[K], relic B... the opponent can't step (it tracked slighly), can't RE/GI (Blue move), can't 2A, AA, BB, or whatever. relic B WILL hit. Only option other than block is to use meter.

2B is old SC5 1B.
11 BA series is back again, but you can duck the high.

Post Soul Charge moves
22B (B) does one more hit, bounces them for a juggle.
3B (B) is SC5 3B BE
1KB (B) is SC5 2KB BE, with the extra hit and everything. Also trips on NC! Mitsu is basically old scary mitsu in SC mode with the 50/50s.
236 B is old partial charge 236B in juggles. In juggles, causes a knockdown stun sorta like sophia's 236236B in juggles now. 66A+B can be teched after, but you can also do 33B, 2B (2B is old SC5 1B).

Sophitia:
236236B gives little pushback on block, easily punishable now. Not to mention improved step basically dodges this left and right.
A+B is her blue guard crush move, MID! (Guard crush moves can no longer be GI'd, at least in this build)
1K basically is the same.
6AA is her high low that you see alot in videos. Hold 6 to go into angle step, and then keep holding for double.
6BB is her old mid mid. Maybe fool people that wants to duck 6AA? both have aGI frames in the first move.
236236AA now have 236236AB. Guard crush on the B version, but very interrupable. People could mash moves in between.

Post Soul Charge
4A+B/11A+B (Old sc5 pyrrha 3A+B)now does second downward hit. Seems -ok-
44A, B can now be done outside of counter hit, and I -think- it's NC so you can actually just use this as a regular (mid tracking!) launcher.
236 AAB and similar moves are basically pyrrha's 236A BEs.

random:
Both mitsu and sophie single hit As and Bs leaves them at negative but not punishable.
Blue moves can't be GI'd.
Some moves like the second hit of sophie's SC 11A+B,B or mitsu relic B have random stray hitbox behind/around them, but generally almost every vertical have 0 tracking.

Last edited:
236[K] is his old 11K into relic (think SC4?).

Aw yeah, I love that move.

Also, 66A+B G~RLC is pretty fun looking. Might not be competitive but reminds me of various Yoshi stance transitions & mixups. Could make for some great guessing games.

The first vid in particular I tried to focus on soul charge. Mitsu is so damn cool with the extra hits! We did try to gi the second hits of 22bb though, and there's enough time to do so, so I guess it isn't too spamable. First hit of sc 22bb forces enough forced crouch frames to make them block or guess gi though. Can't step between.

From testing with people at strongstyle, here's some random stuff we discovered (if it hasn't been discovered yet)
Mitsu:
4B command now does old 6B8. It is also a frame or two slower than just BB, as we tried punishing a mitsu 33B with both BB and 4B, and only BB would hit, so 4B is slower.

236[K] is his old 11K into relic (think SC4?). This move is amazing as it makes a frametrap! On hit, we tried 236[K], relic B... the opponent can't step (it tracked slighly), can't RE/GI (Blue move), can't 2A, AA, BB, or whatever. relic B WILL hit. Only option other than block is to use meter.

2B is old SC5 1B.
11 BA series is back again, but you can duck the high.

Post Soul Charge moves
22B (B) does one more hit, bounces them for a juggle.
3B (B) is SC5 3B BE
1KB (B) is SC5 2KB BE, with the extra hit and everything. Also trips on NC! Mitsu is basically old scary mitsu in SC mode with the 50/50s.
236 B is old partial charge 236B in juggles. In juggles, causes a knockdown stun sorta like sophia's 236236B in juggles now. 66A+B can be teched after, but you can also do 33B, 2B (2B is old SC5 1B).

Sophitia's DAS B in Air Combos in similar to the Lost Swords version. Does Mitsu's Soul Charge Mode 3BB(2nd hit) will make the opponent not AC to combo into 236B ~ kB? That was the cool in Lost Swords. I missed kB comboing after KND since SCII.

Sophitia:
236236B gives little pushback on block, easily punishable now. Not to mention improved step basically dodges this left and right.
A+B is her blue guard crush move, MID! (Guard crush moves can no longer be GI'd, at least in this build)
1K basically is the same.
6AA is her high low that you see alot in videos. Hold 6 to go into angle step, and then keep holding for double.
6BB is her old mid mid. Maybe fool people that wants to duck 6AA? both have aGI frames in the first move.
236236AA now have 236236AB. Guard crush on the B version, but very interrupable. People could mash moves in between.

Post Soul Charge
4A+B/11A+B (Old sc5 pyrrha 3A+B)now does second downward hit. Seems -ok-
44A, B can now be done outside of counter hit, and I -think- it's NC so you can actually just use this as a regular (mid tracking!) launcher.
236 AAB and similar moves are basically pyrrha's 236A BEs.

random:
Both mitsu and sophie single hit As and Bs leaves them at negative but not punishable.
Blue moves can't be GI'd.
Some moves like the second hit of sophie's SC 11A+B,B or mitsu relic B have random stray hitbox behind/around them, but generally almost every vertical have 0 tracking.

I remember Cassie had Sophitia's 44A as 3AB in SCII when she was a Sophitia clone. It's was a CH combo. I like the Soul Charge Mode version turning into a super launcher for DAS B combos. I'm pretty sure DAS AA still picks up grounded opponents. I'm also sure DNS B still hits grounded opponents. For 4A+BB in Soul Charge Mode it has the 44B+K ender as a Guard Break. Sophitia's BBBB is also like that. In SCVI, GI & RE counter High, Mid, Low attacks simultaneously & Throws. They both lose to Guard Breaks and if the opponents uses a Guard Break move when the opponent tries to GI or RE the game reads it as an Impact Counter and in some cases cause a Lethal Hit. It goods that you can't GI or RE Guard Breaks because powerful defense mechanics need a weakness somewhere. Also GI & RE on whiff cause guard gauge damage.

Yeah, I didn't have enough time, too many things to test, but I wanted to see how much GI frames give, if it'll just be enough to force a guard with the generic A+B guardbreak attacks, or if they can still step it.

Also, AAA, BBBs in general are kinda terrible. I'm guessing after the first week people will literally get killed doing them, even by accident. Mitsu's BBB in particular is bad because it's basically BB into his RE. Like, that's TERRIBLE for accidentally mashing it out for a BB punish. People were already getting stepped/CE on reaction when that happened at strong style after a few hours. (This is also why we saw so much RE during early play demos by casual journalist too, they could not help but to mash BBB!)

Sophie's BBB is ok, BB into 11A+B, but that's a really slow vertical and with how powerful step is, I'll expect it to be punished on reaction as well.

AAAs are really bad too. I mean, if they kept RE hit being able to KO, accidently doing it with low health is a free RE parry into round win for the other guy. I think sophie's is high as well, so duck punishes all day. Casuals are gonna be struggling with their mashing habits with generic attacks lol.

Yeah, I didn't have enough time, too many things to test, but I wanted to see how much GI frames give, if it'll just be enough to force a guard with the generic A+B guardbreak attacks, or if they can still step it.

Also, AAA, BBBs in general are kinda terrible. I'm guessing after the first week people will literally get killed doing them, even by accident. Mitsu's BBB in particular is bad because it's basically BB into his RE. Like, that's TERRIBLE for accidentally mashing it out for a BB punish. People were already getting stepped/CE on reaction when that happened at strong style after a few hours. (This is also why we saw so much RE during early play demos by casual journalist too, they could not help but to mash BBB!)

Sophie's BBB is ok, BB into 11A+B, but that's a really slow vertical and with how powerful step is, I'll expect it to be punished on reaction as well.

AAAs are really bad too. I mean, if they kept RE hit being able to KO, accidently doing it with low health is a free RE parry into round win for the other guy. I think sophie's is high as well, so duck punishes all day. Casuals are gonna be struggling with their mashing habits with generic attacks lol.

The generic AAA & BBB for nearly all characters in SCVI are just moves to stop players from being RE happy. Example: Opponent RE AA is reasdy for the counter attack, but the 3rd final hit the opponent on CH.

Back