MLG 2012 Summer Championships Results & Aftermath

Proper pros and thoughts.

I had a blast this time, I'm always running in tournaments, but now I have time to enjoy.
It's SC4 all over again for me, I love hearing people saying how stupid is my character, while in SC4 everyone said Yoshi is OK before playing with me, to the point where OMG, Yoshi is so broke. Now I keep hearing the same with Asta, I just love that feeling, lol, I'm formerly an Asta player since SC2, Yoshi was just a break from my real main.
And it's also SC4 all over again because as in SC4, I lost to the best character in the game, in SC4 it was Ivy and now Pat.

Omega: Como siempre a usted le agradezco primero que a nadie, mi hermano, si algo nos ha dejado este juego es una amistad que vale mas que cualquier torneo, gracias por creer en mi aun cuando yo dudo.

RTD: Thanks for the tips at the tournament, I got more than ready for Viola and your tips just got me to a point where the match was stupid.

Xeph: I'm glad that if I didn't take it, you did it, you know I've been rooting for you for long time since I've seen how you have progressed, I wanted you to win EVO, but I'm sad you dropped Asta, is a hell of a character, I guess you learned how to read players, Asta forces you to do that all the time, and damn, those skills + pat is just too powerful.

Kayane: You are the only player that can't be conditioned, that in IMO, is one of the most important things to be a good player, the day you get better reads, you are going to be unstoppable.

Corrondo/Ringout: Bien hecho, representaron a Yoshi mucho mejor que yo :), keep the Namu going.

Shen Yuan/Belial: We shared a lot of time together. You are my best prize of the tournament, 2 new frieds can't compare to anything. Belial, damn, those jokes with Russian accent were my favorites.

KDZ: Like Belial said, you are a grown up player now, and you love the competition and honor it, you did great, I was rooting for you in all your matches, I just love the way you play Sieg, very different from Shen Yuan.

Ramon: Amigo. it's always fun to spend time with you, bring Delnar next time, you 2 together are a blast.

LP/Hawkeye: I love how competitive you are, like in SC4 I wouldn't mind to face any of you, but this time, Hawkeye got me nervous and I almost dropped it.

SU: Why Viola, why???... I know how you hate that char, I do hate her too, is too broken, is the only way to stop you it seems, I would love to play more with you, but we finally played offline, and stop betting against me, you'll get poor, unless Belial is around, lol.

Juan: Thanks for the support as always.

And to my friends in Mexico and DR. Fhwoarang, BrokenKinght, Biohazard, Marcko, Moldaiver, Vlaster and Stryker for supporting me through the tournament, you have to come one day, everyone of you are competitive in this game.

I really wanted to see lolo vs Keev =\

It can happen in Arena if that ever happens, I don't know if Keev was ready, but you did surprise me on how ready you were in that match up, I used to think that the match up was in Asta's favor, but after playing with Omega for many times, I'm convinced that the match is even, and you did played the match up as it should be played.

It can happen in Arena if that ever happens, I don't know if Keev was ready, but you did surprise me on how ready you were in that match up, I used to think that the match up was in Asta's favor, but after playing with Omega for many times, I'm convinced that the match is even, and you did played the match up as it should be played.
Thanks I tried my best and I can't wait till we meet again it was fun being with everyone.

Hawkeye:
You are the man. Without you, this whole win wouldn't be possible for me. Thanks for the support, and the confidence boost. I'd have to say, the only thing I like better than playing you is kicking it with you. You've become one of my best friends and I'm glad to have met you. You're the shit, nig. Love.

LostProvidence:
You're the best player in America, in my opinion. Fuck the bullshit cheap talk about Viola- you're great with every character you use. Like Donnie, you've become on of my best friends. Thank you for the words of wisdom and the confidence boosts. Much love to my CHI homies.

Ramon:
You deserve a big congrats. Taking second place at this tournament was no laughing matter. You accomplished a lot. Finally beating Omar, going 6-2 VS the reigning pro circuit champion, and making it into grand finals. You're another reason I won. You've taught me so much concerning Pyrrha- without you, I wouldn't be as good as I am with her or have the same kind of knowledge. Like the CHI boys, you are one of my best friends. Much love.

Something-Unique:
I love this cat. You're the second best player in the country, in my opinion. LP gots a bit of a lead on you, though, haha. Anyways, another one of my best friends in the community, haha. I hope you continue to play this game- this shit won't be the same without you there. As in, I hope you quit because you're too fucking good at this game.

Greatone:
Maaaaaaan, I love you. You've become a great friend of mine throught the years, too. You're a big brother to me man. I love you, and hope to see you until I or you quit this game. Thanks for the words of confidence as well, and you know I got your back anytime roadog.

Kayane:
I'm heartbroken you still won't marry me. . You're an amazing player, and a great friend. The real victory for me at Raleigh was talking for hours with you while watching the sunrise ;P. OMG, I think I'm in love. Anyways, best wishes back in France- and I hope you decide to come to USA again. If my opinion matters, you and Keev are honorary Americans.

Keev:
The language barrier is hard, but you've actually come a long way with your English. I'm glad I met you. You're a straight monster in this game, and I hope you also come back to America. Watch those animes I suggested, they're boss.

RTD:
It's sad we don't get to kick it, like DEV 2K10. You're an hombre' for sure. I'm happy your family comes and supports you, though. Congrats on the babies, and the loving wife. I hope we see each other again. And thank you, for you have been a constant voice to me, with all the amount of confidence you instill me and and belief throughout the years.

RINGOUT:
As I said in IV, you have great potential. Not only are you pretty good, but you're a pleasent guy to be around. Without you, a lot of us wouldn't have had an easier way to make home, either. I hope to see you in the future. You can be a top competitor in no time. Keep practicing homie.

lolo:
I know I had to take you out of the tournament in such a fashion; but you've been a steaady coach for me these past 8months. Every tournament, you've talked to me, and encouraged me and beat it in my head that I'm actually good. You're still the man, and I love that you stuck with Astaroth. You're a amazing player, and I'm glad we've become closer as friends. Much love, hombre'

Shen-Yuan:
I'm glad you made it out to MLG. You're a strong foe in this competition, and I know you'll come back stronger next time we see you. You have a very technical way of viewing this game. Don't let the loss get to you, you're an amazing player.

Belial:
At first, I didn't like you after some comments I heard from EVO. You suprised me the last days of MLG, though. We all got to see the nice side of Belial. I enourage you to keep playig. You are a top competitor, and someone people fear. Good games, I hope you stick to SCV. But you should play for the community- and not just the money/comp. You'll find tournaments to be more satisfying. Much love to Russia's best player.

SuPhy:
GOOD TO SEE YOU AGAIN. Last we saw, we were both like 17yrs old. Glad you came out. You need to fucking practice more, though. You have the potential and drive to be amazing. Hit me up at NEC.

Thermidor:
Good to finally meet you in person. I told your ass I was better offline, haha. Anyways, good shit in tourney VS lolo. Got the last, but making games that close VS lolo is no fucking joke. Hope you continue to play, and we'll def. see each other again.

Typhoon:
My nigga. You with the rest of the CHI crew have become very close friends of mine. We didn't get to play this time, but I'm sure we'll see each other again soon. Stay classy, Human.

ARU:
I was sad that you had to play two chicago players. Shit';s fucked up. Honestly, you were someone I didn't want to see in tourney. You are fucking amazing at this game; just had a shit bracket. I hope you compete still. Maybe NEC? You would be placing if you attended more tournies.

KDZ:
Sucks we had to play. But hey, shit happens. It's cool seeing that you support the game/community as much as you do. Glad we talked a bit more this time around. You're a funnny guy. You have potential to be something amazing, in this game. I think you just need to realize pokes don't do that much dmg, lol. You're a smart player, see you at NEC.

Takei:
Nice to finally meet you. You're a big ass dude! Nice guy, though. Thanks for the support man, you've always talked highly about me- and I appreciate the none-hate. Hope you compete more- you're only going to get better.

KineticClash:
Thanks for making me 10$. You're a good player, but I already told you where your biggest faults are. once you overcome that, you'll be a steady placer. Start fucking talking to people, though, damn.

Jimbonator:
I was sad when I had to take you out. You have so much potential, and I'm glad you came to support the game and community. Keep up, dude, you're going to be a threat. Also, PROPS FOR TAKING OUT KAYANE 3-0. Even though that made me sad.

Corrondo:
I don't dislike you anymore. We were talking about you, and you have the drive to become great. You just need to work out a lot of kinks in your game. But overall, you're pretty solid. No one can call you an online scrub anymore. I'll see you- hope you make it to NEC.

ClintDaBeast:
Congrats on top 8 via MK. And congrats on going 3-2 vs me in a MM. Close shit. Good kicking it with you, though. I'll see you, breh.

Overall, one of the best experiences for a tournament I've ever had. On top of me taking 1st place, I accomplished a lot of personal feats as a player to myself. I have all of you guys to thank. I love this community, and I hope we thrive in the future. I hope to see everyone who was here at our FGC events, as well. With that, thanks again everyone, you're all amazing and you're all what drives me to become better. Much love

-Xeph.

EDIT:
I want to make a personal shoutout to all my WestCoast heads out there! Much love to California. I'm so glad to be a WC rep, and I'm glad that maybe people won't be sleeping on us. We have much to learn, but with players like NFK, Krayzie, Hates, Signia, AlexJ, Tomahawk, Manta, we can thrive. WESTSIDE! Oh, and Banes is aiiiight too... he's aiiiight

Thank you guys for being amazing, I'm going to miss US so much. I had so many good moments and laughed so much with you ! I read your messages and i'm very touched ! Thank you:) (Except Belial's message of course XD HATE YOU)

Congrats to everyone !
For sure, I'll cheer for you in any tournament you have in US while i'm in France. And if I choose to play again SCV, since Viola is officially banned in France, I'll play Leixia and Pyrrha.
Why Pyrrha ? Because since I miss you guys so much, I'll be a mix of Ramon, Xeph, Something Unique with Pyrrha XD. I would train on whiff punishment as Ramon, on throwing all day like Xeph (Belial VS Xeph waaas sooo funny! :D ), and if I miss my punishments...then I can say i'm in a Something Unique mode, don't punish but still win ! :p

Take care guys !

i wanna get good at this game but nobody to play with

and my internet sucks, so i cant play with most of the top players online

back to League of Legends i guess

i wanna get good at this game but nobody to play with

and my internet sucks, so i cant play with most of the top players online

back to League of Legends i guess
And how does that pertain to the awesome time we all had at MLG? Wrong thread there buddy.

This was my first MLG I competed in and it was a dream come true doing so. The event overall has gone so far from when I last saw it at DigitalLife in 2006 (as a spectator). I wish I could have done better but I still had a great time. I hope I can make to Dallas if Tekken Tag 2/DOA5 shows up and/or SCV comes back. Pretty much depends of my job lets me have those needed days off, which is very hard to do.

Shoutouts:

KDZ: For trolling me by making me sit between next to Ramon AND Kayane during the midnight lunch. It was great rooming with you!

The Yoshimitsu player. I forgot his name. Sorry, bad at names.: I had a good time at freeplay until the staff kicked us off. I was able to try out some new things.

Belial: You were my first opponent in MLG and I will always remember you (for obvious reasons). You are a great SCV player. Don't let yourself believe otherwise.

Thermidor: You reminded me of every reason why I hate Nightmare at freeplay.

Hawkeye: You know the difference between you and me? I make rocking Duxter look good.

Tsquared (The guy who shouted at the stage during finals): I'm glad I finally go to meet this guy. He is a true pioneer and he helped make MLG what it is today.

The drunk guy who crashed our lunch table: Dude, what the fuck was that about?

Ramon: I am glad that you placed so high. You make a great face for NYC SC.

And speaking of Ramon's face...

Kayane: I know I'm still a new face to you but it was great meeting you one last time before you left for France. I was originally heartbroken when you dropped Leixia as a main because Xianghua has been my favorite since I first saw the cut scene where her sword turns to SoulCalibur. But I had a transitional moment and I realized I have to take a second character myself. I now understand why you did what you did. It was fun being forced to sit next to you. :P And you owe me a Leixia mirror. :sc5lei1:

I dunno. Malice does that all the time. Will give my shoutouts later. Just going to copy and paste the names Xeph used. XD

Okay pretty much just copying off of Xeph's list:

Hawkeye/Dolla BIll::
You know I love you. You're the shit and if it wasn't for the promise that I made I'd move out to Chicago just to be close to you sexy crazy fucks. I do have to say though, I love when you're the cocky can't-nobody-beat-me Dolla instead of the I-just-don't-give-a-fuck Dolla. I'm gonna need you to keep beasting mercilessly so I can keep on bragging on how I personally dragged you're sexy skinny anaconda having ass into this community.

LostProvidence:
(Keeping all of Xeph's comments here because they pretty much say what I have to)
You're the best player in America, in my opinion. Fuck the bullshit cheap talk about Viola- you're great with every character you use. Like Donnie, you've become on of my best friends. Much love to my CHI homies.
But also, LP you bring an entertainment value that is only matched by my NY boys and it's probably the only reason I still spend all the money I can't afford to just to see all of y'all. I enjoy the little time we actually do get to talk because I can feel the realness and I appreciate that. Much love as always, And Goddamn you got a big dick. Lol!

Ramon:
Ah, my love so close. I know how much you wanted it. And you'll get it. Not much else I can say since I stalk you everyday and you've heard it all anyway. You know you're one of the only reasons I make it out to these things still and I love you're big sexy non purple wearing ass. See you soon.

Something-Unique:
What can be said that hasn't been said already. You're a fucking beast and I've already told you how much I actually enjoy just watching you play. For someone like me who enjoys seeing the mental aspect of the game through actually watching the gameplay there's no one better. You keep winning money off of me though so fuck you. I'll be making fixing that soon when I get up to that NY.

Xeph:
You know I got nothing but love for you. You're little ass cracks me up at everyone of these things. I do feel I deserve some of those big winnings though. I'm you're fucking good luck charm. NCR, you room with me, you get 3rd. Fuckin Evo, you room with me, you place top 8, MLG, you room with me, you win that big money. Yup I definitely deserve something goddammit. After all the guilt trips you laid on me about that goddamn picture!

Kayane:
You are a sweetheart and deserve all the recognition you get. You and Ramon together crack me up to no end. I apologize for my crudeness in telling you certain stories but that is me. I treat everyone the same but I hope you weren't too offended. Either way as uncomfortable as I know you may have gotten you were still always nice and for that I commend you. You should teach these American girls to be the same way. Lol. Anyway, fuck the haters, we all know what the real deal is. 'MMURICA!!!

Keev:
A pleasure to see you once again sir. Me being the total and complete groupie that I am, I'm probably one of your biggest fans. I was sure you were going to take it but running into a motivated rested Ramon is hard for anyone. I'm so glad you've been able to make quite a few trips out here so there is no doubt to anyone that you are hands down one of the top 5 players in the world.

RTD:
Rob, Jesus you make some beautiful kids. Didn't get to hang out much but it's totally understandable. I just wanna thank you so much for blowing me up completely on stream. Greatest feeling in the world. Lol! Nah, but since that was probably my last match I'll be playing tournament wise it's an honor to know that I went out against the legend that is RTD. P.S. Kai is a beast!!! lol!

RINGOUT:
Dude you were a lifesaver to so many of us. You're fucking awesome and I hope that you continue to come around to these things. I know what it's like to fall in love with these folks and you're just getting to know that yourself. It only get better from here. Hope to see you at NEC so I can repay you somehow for all that you did for everyone.

lolo:
Mi compadre! I know I'm horrible for quitting smoking and not being able to go out with you as much. But hey you're still a fucking beast and EVERY FUCKING TIME you come up to the states you surprise (and scare the shit out of) everyone here. Right when everyone was on the verge of thinking Asta was close to be unviable, you brought that big scary son of a bitch back to prominence. I really really really hope you can make it to NEC and get your revenge. It won't be the same without the Mexican Assassin to scare the bejeezus out of these MMURICANS.

Shen-Yuan:
Once again a pleasure to see you sir. Goddamn you're a sexy ass man. But more importantly you're an absolute monster on this game. I'd hate to see what you would do with a better character (Sieg is trash! Lol). But damn, you were putting fear into people hearts with him. Hopefully we don't have to wait years again before being able to witness you beasting through people once again.

Belial:
You have been and always will be my hero at this game. I am amazed at how you do things. So solid and yet entertaining at the same time. I hope to god you don't leave us and come back with a fire that Mother Russia would be proud of.

SuPhy:
Glad to see you again bruh. I actually wish we had gotten to play but I wasn't really around for casuals I know. Happy that we got to talk some things out also. That big drunk "prison" white boy didn't know what he had coming to him if he got too froggy Lol!. You know I got nothing but love for most of you Atlanta boys. Hope you can make it to NEC. We'll definitely get some games in there.

Thermidor:
You fine sir, are also a life saver. If not for you we all would've been stuck in the lobby for the first night. You are now bound to me and if you ever need anything just let me know. I don't ever forget people who do me a favor. You also have the possible honor of being my last tournament match ever so thanks for knocking me out jabroni! See you in that NY!

Typhoon:
Malcolm you're the shit. I was soooo pulling for you in that Yoshi match. I know we'll see you at NEC and this time you gotta come with a vengeance.

ARU:
Didn't really get to talk to much bruh but really glad you could make it. I know for a fact that Voldo was putting some fear into people. Hope all of Chi-town can make it to NEC. Come with that region of dominance flavor.

KDZ:
Dude, I don't know what it is about you EC boys but y'all have a direct line to my funny bone. Glad we got to actually speak a bit this time. Respect for coming and clearing the air even though that shit was squashed. Otherwise I never would have had the chance to be around your clever witticisms and overall EC swagger. (Yes I said swagger Lol). Anyways, hope you stick with this game still so I can get a chance to play the once great (lol) KDZ just one time before I'm to old and arthritic to grip the controller.

Takei:
Dude you're fucking awesome too. I was glad to meet someone who came up the same way I did with this series. And Like I told Suphy that boy had no idea what he was getting into if he got too rambunctious. That's why I really wanted to just get him in a cab and out of there. I can't have my SC folks in a Carolina lock up. Lol!

KineticClash:
Didn't get to speak much at all bruh. But good showing and please fuck all the online bullshit. You see how great these guys are personally and trust me it only gets better. There's so much that you can take away from these guys.

Jimbonator:
Dude, we never got to speak at all but good shit on getting as far as you did. I swear I was casually looking over your match with Kayane and thought she was taking mercy on you by going to Leixia. Little did I know that you beat her off her main. Fucking good shit bruh. Hope to see you at NEC also.

Corrondo:
Lol! Dude I love your fire for this shit. You truly don't give a fuck and showed it. You definitely surprised me with the success that you had and I'm glad that you got to show off your skills. Hope you keep it up bruh. Also I If I remember right you're in Miami right? Make sure to somehow get a hold of that crazy little Dominican down there. I'd be such a bugaboo if I had the beast that is Omega so close to me.

Special shoutouts go to:

Emo:
For flying back all the way from Seattle a couple of days early at a great cost just to hang out with us the few hours he could.

OOF:
Thanks again for the help man. It's a horrible shame things worked out that way for you. I was so looking forward to those Canadian "shenanigans". Hopefully you can make NEC so I can repay the favor in some way.

And to...

DK:
Because he is the epitome of awesomeness and even though he wasn't there I still love him. Shout out to DK. Lol!

Anyways, once again an outstanding experience. I was so glad to make it out to this and hang with my people again. As some of you already know this was probably my last hurrah besides NEC so I'm so glad it lived up to everything I expected it to be. Fuck what the haters say. This community is fucking awesome and anyone that actually becomes a part of it knows that. It's always a great fucking time and I hope to god we can keep it going strong. There will never be a group like what we have now and I hope it stays together as long as possible. So as a great man once said "Fuck the bullshit, play Calibur" Love you fucks! I'll Holla!

Will do my shoutouts tomorrow...hopefully.

Someone really needs to start putting the names of everyone in a list for these things so that people don't forget anyone...but I'll just steal someone else's list when I do mine. >_>

Back