MLG Winter Championships SCV Results

thx, man. i appreciate the reply, and you make alot of sense

and for the record, I 100% totally agree. It's stupid to me when things like certain moves like Mitsu BB is safe, fast, steppable on one side only in certain ranges (!!!!!), AND chips a stupid amount of guard meter(!!!!). Why a friggin BB of all things chips guard meter like that, idunno....great decision, ProjectSoul. :/

No offense to you, since you play Mitsu, btw, I'm just putting out an example. :P I just find things like that in SC5 aggravating because it gives too much reward for no effort at times, the Tekken syndrome (though not nearly as bad as tekken). But things like that are not new to calibur and has been in every iteration of the series in different degrees. But I like the game at the end of the day, so I keep playing it like a sucker. :/

and I fully support female for Setsuka style over aPat *thumbs up*

Lulz. I don't play Mits; I just played him for that tournament because my Viola isn't ready and he's pretty basic and really good also.

Nah, once you figure out a style that suits you and how to turn your own weaknesses into strengths and your opponent's strengths into their weaknesses, you can do halfway decently with any character if you have their basics down. It just so happens Mits is really basic and really good.

This thing was awesome! From the time I arrived on Thursday and went to the NOS party, the MLG staff were all very personable and professional. I was just hanging out on MK9 for a couple games when MLG Shibby comes over and plays a couple of games with me. We got to talking a bit, and for the entire weekend he was stopping by me and asking how I was doing. What a great time.

Free Dr Pepper all weekend long, how can they stay in business. I am suprised nobody commented on the jailbait volleyball tournament going on next door either. I swear to god it was hard not to look, they were everywhere.

Seeing my Voldo brother Esom and meeting DINO for the first time was worth the trip itself. I bonded more with you two guys than anybody else at the event. (woahhzz is a very close 2nd).

linkrkc, it was real nice to meet you and get a chance to talk. I'm glad you finally got to meet the man that made your joystick. He can do anything with some wood, and wires. I hope to see you again sometime. Maybe CEO in June?

RTD, it's been too long my friend. I am glad to see that family life hasn't changed you much. You're still a nice guy with enormous paitence, and now a beautiful family with another on the way. Congrats on everything brother.

Thuggish, LP, Hawkeye, Typhoon, you guys are what I wish my community was like. We are all so spread out here in FL, that we rarely get together for games outside of tournaments. There were so many upsets this weekend as I expected you guys to do a lot more damage than you did. I'll be rooting for you guys from my couch during the next tourney. It was great to finally meet you all.

Woahhzz, wow, I had no idea you were going to be so cool and funny. I see you on stream and you're in murder mode and you're always wearing a hoodie so I expected you to be a thug when I met you. You're the coolest guy I got to hang out with at the event, and that is saying alot. I wish you the best in your schooling, and pray that you are able to figure out something in SC5 that will make you unbeatable again.

OmegaXCN, you wanted to play me? Shit, I wanted to play you! I am really glad you convinced me to stay later on Sunday. I was so tired from walking ALL weekend that I just wanted to relax by the time we got to play. It was still really nice to hang out with you and talk like we did. I only wish we had hung out sooner, but still, I am glad we made that bond. I am sure to see you again real soon. Your Natsu is beast.
KDZ, yep, I remember your name. It's been plastered everywhere here since 8WR.com has been started. I didn't expect you to be such a nice guy. I was trhilled to see another Calibur player at the NOS party, so I thank you for showing up. I wish we had got to play some.

Jaeger, and ICE. You guys are always so solid in this game. I didn't get to play you ICE, and I would've liked to. I have some anti-Sieg that I was dying to try out on you and see how it works. I guess there's always another time. Take care until then.
Bibulus, great work on the mic. You were the first person I saw every day I was at the convention center. You're a cool guy, and I hope MLG takes real good care of you. Best of luck with that.

Kayane, and Keev. Getting to meet and play with both of you is an experience I'll never forget. You both are as gracious and elegant as I expected. It was a real treat to see you both at the airport for one last goodbye. I hope you had a great time while you were in the USA, and I look forward to when you can return again.
WatchTheChair. I was real surprised to see you there. I just met you on Xbox a few days prior to this event so I wasn't even fully aware that you were going to this. It was cool to meet you, and I hope to maybe see you again sometime. If not, you've always got a spot on my friendlist so hit me up anytime.

Wing Zero, YoMan, Sword Lord, Cardell. It was GREAT to see you guys again. It's been far too long. ATL might've not been there in full force, but you guys were still a force to be reckoned with as the results show. I did my best to cheer for you guys where I could, and I hoped that made you guys feel like you were at home. You were the first Calibur community that I met outside of FL, and I am so glad to see you all sticking together. I'll hopefully see you guys at CEO. Take care until then.

Blackstar, we've finally met. I know we've talked a bit over the years, and I was curious to finally meet you. You are a cool guy and I am glad we finally met. I had fun hanging out and playing games with you on Sunday before the finals started. I hope you're able to make it to CEO in June so that we can do this again. Take care.

BlackMamba. I've known you from online for almost 4 years now so it was great to finally meet you. I'm also glad you went to the NOS Party too. I hope to see you again soon. Keep beasting in every game you play.

Chu, it was great to meet you. I am glad you came up and helped to represent FL Calibur. We didn't do too well in the tournament, but there were alot of upsets this weekend so there's nothing wrong with that. I am just glad we were able to experience this level of competition so early in the game. It's only going to prepare us for the furture. It sucks that you lost your cell phone with all of the pictures of your daughter on there, but you will be seeing them again soon. So you can replace those pictures. You take care of yourself, Chu. I love you like a brother.

GODSPU. My SC teacher. I can't tell you how happy I was to see you again. Hanging out with you and Cancer back at my hotel room, having a few beers, and talking about everything really reminded me why I think this community is so great. You taught me alot in just those few hours we were able to spend together, and I came home and started playing right away. I was so jetlagged that I couldn't focus well, but the next day I played, I felt unstoppable. I wish we were able to hang out more often because I need you in my life. You're the best friend that I've always wanted. I hope you take care of yourself so we can do this again sometime. I miss you already.

I think that is it. I'm sure more names will come to me, so I'll update when I can. I can't get over how much fun this event was and wish there was something like this going on all of the time. We really represented our community well at this event so I hope MLG took notice and will have us back for future events. I don't think I'll be able to go to any more than this one though. I just can't afford it. So it's up to you guys to go out there and represent. Thank you for the great time.

EDIT:

Jaxel, how could I forget you? It was real cool to hang out with you during the stream, and talking to you during Sundays lunch. You're a much nicer guy in person, and I admire your passion about the game. Thank you for everything you do around here for the community.

Mataeo, another one I can't believe I forgot about. I've known you for so many years and we've never met until that weekend. You looked nothing like I imagined and I didn't expect you to be so cool. It was great to finally play you in some offline games, and I wish we had gotten to hang out more. You mitsu is amazing. I hope to see you again soon.

Back