Modding SoulCalibur 3

Yo you guys, where exactly can I download the adxencoder? Is the program easy to use? I can't wait to work on editing my music for my SC3: E.E :)

I dowloaded it from here: http://www.filefront.com//ADX+encoder/;3627398;/fileinfo.html

also OOF is it possible for you to upload talims moveset from the demo version? , thats the one I was most interested in =) I have got the SC2 demo but Im trying to get the movesets compatible. I looked in the ROOT.olk of the ps2 sc2 file and there were 3 PKG files but in sc3 there are 4 PKG files is it possible to convert them to sc3 format?

and finally i found out that for the cutseen stages File589 is the office that zasalamel is in with the books scattered on the floor

guys is there an easier/better method for changing the BGM? cuz i can't seem to get adxencoder to work. and mind you, i'm on vista :(

guys is there an easier/better method for changing the BGM? cuz i can't seem to get adxencoder to work. and mind you, i'm on vista :(

You'll need to use the MS DOS prompt on your computer in order to work ADX ENCODER:

To get to DOS prompt press the Start button on your Desktop which is usually located in the bottom left corner of the screen. Go to All Programs, Accesories, MS-DOS (or Command Prompt). A window will pop up, here type in the location of the ADXENCODER folder, for example cd C:\adxencd and hit enter.

With the C:\adxencd on screen, type "adxencd" and the name of the wav to convert the WAV to an ADX file, then hit enter.

Example:

C:\adxencd>adxencd ADX_S040.wav

adx1.jpg

Now check the "adxencd" folder to see your new adx file. With it converted it's now time to loop the file for continuous play:

Check the number of bytes that appear when you are converting. (ie. 1074586)
Take note of that number, because you will be entering it in the next command.

Now repeat the wav to adx command line but this time add: -lps0 -lpe_______ (Replace the line with the number you got)

Example: C:\adxencd>adxencd ADX.S040.wav -lps0 -lpe1074586
adx2.jpg

Alright, now you're file's been converted for continuous play. Time to add it to your SC3 game.!

Now Look at the filename of the song you want to replace in AFS Explorer. Rename your ADX file to the same name and right click the SC3 song file in AFS Explorer. Select the "Import File" feature to place it into the adx bgm file .

NOTE: The size of your NEW ADX file must the SAME SIZE or SMALLER than the numbers listed in the MAX Size Column. if it's any bigger it will be highlighted, indicating that it's too large. To remedy this use your favorite program to either shorten the length of your song or slightly decrease the quality of the audio.

And there you have it! BGM.AFS will be ready to go once you've plugged in your new songs. Create your Image file of the game, run it through an emulator or your PS2 to check out your new music.

Hello i finally figured out who those 2 scrapped characters were they are called Ayay and Healdo but you must be right OOF because I never seen or heard of them in cots......

I made this vid to show the world what namco were hiding ;D

Nice. Have you tried out the AE movesets?

I'd send you the root.olk for the demo but I don't have internet access from my computer right now. If you really wan't it I could probably burn a copy of it and snail mail it to you if I find the time to do that.

Nice. Have you tried out the AE movesets?

I'd send you the root.olk for the demo but I don't have internet access from my computer right now. If you really wan't it I could probably burn a copy of it and snail mail it to you if I find the time to do that.

Its no big deal im not that worried about it but when you do gett your internet working could you send the root.olk thanks ;D

also where did you get the demo, what it an official demo like my sc2 demo?

I made a few character mods in the armour,item and wepon stores xD
-This clip fetures Cassandra,Tira and Amy

-This clip fetures Asteroth,Abyss and Yoshimitsu

I know that both sc2 and sc3 are .VMP now so would it be possiible to put sc3 stages in sc2 or vice versa?

Hey thanks for doing this. I hope you eventually find a way to get all the AE moves to work. I will try tomorrow this hacks :)

I have a question though... Is it possible to swap the voices of the characters too? I'm asking because I would like to swap Girardot with Berserker but I want him to be silent as in the ToS (and also it would be nice if the announcer said "Berserker" instead of "Girardort"). If not, I suppose I will keep playing those characters with the action replay cheats.

It must be possible but it would be one of the files located in the File7.OLK and the file will be in one of the .PKG character files.

You'll need to use the MS DOS prompt on your computer in order to work ADX ENCODER:

To get to DOS prompt press the Start button on your Desktop which is usually located in the bottom left corner of the screen. Go to All Programs, Accesories, MS-DOS (or Command Prompt). A window will pop up, here type in the location of the ADXENCODER folder, for example cd C:\adxencd and hit enter.

With the C:\adxencd on screen, type "adxencd" and the name of the wav to convert the WAV to an ADX file, then hit enter.

Example:

C:\adxencd>adxencd ADX_S040.wav

adx1.jpg

Now check the "adxencd" folder to see your new adx file. With it converted it's now time to loop the file for continuous play:

Check the number of bytes that appear when you are converting. (ie. 1074586)
Take note of that number, because you will be entering it in the next command.

Now repeat the wav to adx command line but this time add: -lps0 -lpe_______ (Replace the line with the number you got)

Example: C:\adxencd>adxencd ADX.S040.wav -lps0 -lpe1074586
adx2.jpg

Alright, now you're file's been converted for continuous play. Time to add it to your SC3 game.!

Now Look at the filename of the song you want to replace in AFS Explorer. Rename your ADX file to the same name and right click the SC3 song file in AFS Explorer. Select the "Import File" feature to place it into the adx bgm file .

NOTE: The size of your NEW ADX file must the SAME SIZE or SMALLER than the numbers listed in the MAX Size Column. if it's any bigger it will be highlighted, indicating that it's too large. To remedy this use your favorite program to either shorten the length of your song or slightly decrease the quality of the audio.

And there you have it! BGM.AFS will be ready to go once you've plugged in your new songs. Create your Image file of the game, run it through an emulator or your PS2 to check out your new music.

when doing this, can you use mp3's instead of wav files?

no you have to convert the mp3 files (I use audacity) to a wav file first then use the tutorial :)

dee4doa: OMFG bro, thanks SO MUCH for being patient with me and helping me with this. I think i'm getting the hang of it. And I'm really looking forward to having an awesome soundtrack with my SC3: E.E

I'M HELLA HYPED!!!

One FINAL QUESTION:

which one of the adx files is the one for the character select?

Again thanks in advanced and for everything u have done. :)

Your welcome =D the music for the caracter select is bgm_sys002.adx =) hope this helped

BTW- how do you play modded games on your ps2 do you have to softmod it? or can you use swap magic or action replay max?

And one final question what does the E.E stand for in your SC3 title? at the moment I am Swapping stages for my SC3 project Soul Calibur 3 Alternate Universe =P or SC3 AU for short.

I have another great Idea, what about if we could use the character/stage data from soul calibur 2 (PS2) onto soul calibur 3! because both formats are .VMP arn't they?

Your welcome =D the music for the caracter select is bgm_sys002.adx =) hope this helped

BTW- how do you play modded games on your ps2 do you have to softmod it? or can you use swap magic or action replay max?

And one final question what does the E.E stand for in your SC3 title? at the moment I am Swapping stages for my SC3 project Soul Calibur 3 Alternate Universe =P or SC3 AU for short.

I guess I jumped the gun a lil too soon. 90% of the music i edited didn't work. :(

Man that really pissed me off. I put a lot of time/effort into trying to remix the game...only to fail so hard.

Oh well, I guess I just wasn't meant to learn how to do stuff like this...on my own. And this failure forced me to realize that the music in the game isn't really that bad either.

Oh to answer your question:

SC3 E.E stands for what the game really is: Soul Calibur 3: European Edition (this is the version, like the japanese version, where: vc is removed, some moves are tweaked/have different properties, and gay characters are less gay haha...NO MORE Xianghua 66a+b cancel). it can ONLY be played with a modded system. and IMO it's the best calibur EVER made.

if you want to play SC3 A.E, you mind as well play SC4 :/

Back