Modding SoulCalibur 3

hmm... I don't really remember. It's been over 2 years since I worked on modding SC3, and I don't have that program anymore. So I can't really say. Just search around on google i guess, I'm sure you'll find an answer. It's not like repacking SC4 into an ISO is any different than doing it to any other game.

to repack a ps2 iso you need cd dvd generator which i cant find, all of the download links are broken, that program is all i need. hmmm iv been playing these iso files on pcsx2 (PS2 EMULATOR) but i dont think its the emulator because i have played my backup copy iso of sc3 so it must be a certain way of creating an iso.

Try this, make a duplicate of your original SC3 ISO, open it up in something like MagicISO to view the contents, then drag the new modified root.olk into it, replacing the old one. Save.

I'm pretty sure that's how I did it.

I just tried it but still no success :( are you going to release a modded iso of soul calibur 3 ? I really want to fight in mitsurugi's/taki's ending stage :)

I saw at the end of one of your videos that you wanted the root.olk file from AE. I assume you're now aware that there's a root2.olk as well, and that all of the other files have correlaries as well? Every file but one has an enumerated partner of the same size, except for SC3AC10.BIN.

Phillbond:

Of the SC3 AE files that I have... there are 5 root files, and only 2 of them are the same size.

The one that had all the model and moveset data was ROOT.OLK, I'm still not sure what the other 4 were for... anyways here's a pic of the contents of SC3:AE Ver. C:

Attachments

• SC3ae_contents.jpg
    SC3ae_contents.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 780
Here's SC3AE ver. B:

Attachments

• contents SC3AE v.B.JPG
    contents SC3AE v.B.JPG
    73 KB · Views: 605
can you replace sc2 moves with sc3 moves on the xbox?, i know you cant replace chars because the xbox version needs on a VMX model file. iv tried what u said with magic iso but i dosnt work :(

where can download other AE characters?

There isn't any place to download them. If you read my first post I mentioned that I could only get 3 AE character's movesets to work on the PS2. Once I get the rest working I'll put them up for download. Or perhaps I'll make a torrent of the SC3:AE for PS2 game once I get it done.

can you replace sc2 moves with sc3 moves on the xbox?, i know you cant replace chars because the xbox version needs on a VMX model file. iv tried what u said with magic iso but i dosnt work :(
A long time ago I tried replacing SC2 moves on the Xbox with SC3 moves from the demo, and it kind of worked but was very glitchy. When I tried replacing SC3 moves with SC2 moves the game froze comepletely.

I think if I find the correct "universal properties" file (GI, step, etc) it might be possible to make mods of SC2 with SC3 movesets, SC3 with SC2 movesets, and MAYBE SC2/3 with SC4 movesets or SC4 with SC2/3 movesets.

The reason is because unlike the files that contain sound and character models/graphics, I found that the actual moveset and movement file formats are universal accross all platforms (PS2/GC/XBOX/ARC and possible DC/XB360/PS3).

Or perhaps I'll make a torrent of the SC3:AE for PS2 game once I get it done.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or perhaps I'll make a torrent of the SC3:AE for PS2 game once I get it done.

Awesome!!!

If you succeed in recreating AE Ver C. for PS2 and it works 100%, that will be the day I bury SC4.

Can't wait to play AE Setsuka, AE Zas and Li from my own house.

Yeah, but I don't have them on my computer. When I get the files I'll upload them.

Thnx so much ^.^ and my modded version of soul calibur 2 i deleted all of beserkers model files and replaced them with nightmares 3rd costume and iv made him seigfried with his soul calibur wepon !

btw i couldent swap sc2 moves with sc3 moves on sc2 after the loading screen it just freezes :( but would it be possible to have seigfrieds sc3 moves to swap with beserkers moveset without it freezing?
====== DOUBLE POST AUTO-MERGE ======
btw can you help me out OOF ? when i open the sc2 root.olk there are wierd textures called P8 how do I edit them?

yes if this game actually works for the ps2...

hopefully you ALL can bury your sc4 games :)

OFF WE BELIEVE IN YOU!!!

I'll ask you again, Webster: if you hate Soul Calibur IV so much, then please shut the fuck up about it.

hi OOF iv got the gc version of the root.olk for SC2 but where is links moveset is it file972.unk? but iv replaced it with a pkg file but it doesn't load =( what am I doing wrong ?

I'll ask you again, Webster: if you hate Soul Calibur IV so much, then please shut the fuck up about it.
lmao

i honestly don't remember u asking me in the first time to keep quiet about it...

but this is the "for" calibur 3 thread. so i think my "bashing" sc4 in here, is appropriate.

i'll get back to you with the decision i make, to either keep doing it or not...

regardless of my choice, i'm sure you'll be alright :)

Back