Modding SoulCalibur 3

Soul Calibur III forum does not equal anti-Soul Calibur IV forum.

Anti-Soul Calibur IV forum does not exist, because nobody wants to listen to ravings from the lunatic fringe. As the one guy who chooses SC3 over SC4, you are a mutant. If you want to share your twisted side show love of SC3 with other more normal SC fans and have them not shit on your broken favorite, then you have to meet them half way by not shitting on their favorite.

hi OOF iv got the gc version of the root.olk for SC2 but where is links moveset is it file972.unk? but iv replaced it with a pkg file but it doesn't load =( what am I doing wrong ?

Don't bother trying to replace GC version movesets with PS3/Xbox ones or vice versa. The GC movesets are in a different format so the file would need to be converted.

If you just wanted Link's moveset to put in the PS2 or Xbox version of SC2 then I have an already converted file in the SC2 modding thread.

Don't bother trying to put SC2 movesets in SC3 or the other way, its much more complex than just swapping movelist files. You'll need to find the files that govern the 'universal' properties of the game (GI, air control, hit stuns etc) and swap those too. And thats just my theory, cuz even then there's no guarantee that it won't be glitchy.

Hi could you upload link's moveset ? also how would you edit the moveset files? could you edit them with a hex editor ?

I just mentioded in my previous post that I already uploaded Link's moveset.

And the most I've done with a hex editor was change any text in the game.

Yo OFF: is there a way to change/mod in game music?

Cuz I heard this again today:

and I MUST HAVE THIS IN MY COPY OF EURO 3! :)

any help given, i thank u in advanced.

I posted my guide on how to change the background music of the Xbox version of SC2 in the "Modding SoulCalibur 2" thread.

I never tried doing it for SC3, so I'm not sure if the method shown in the guide would work.

hey OOF i found another mod video of a stage mod in sc3. It looks like he has swapped one of the stages for the book/offace room.
btw- i cant find ur uploaded link pkg file :( could you link it to me?

also i noticed that both sc2 and sc3 have unk files for the stages on the ps2 version, is it possible to convert them to vmx ?

ah, sorry I thought I uploaded it but it turns out I didn't. Next time I get access to it I'll upload it there.

Those PS2 .unk files can't be converted to .vmx. They are actually .vmp, and the gamecube SC2 files are .vmg. Olk explorer wasn't programmed to recognise the PS2 and GC formats so it shows them as ".unk" (unknown).

ah, sorry I thought I uploaded it but it turns out I didn't. Next time I get access to it I'll upload it there.

Those PS2 .unk files can't be converted to .vmx. They are actually .vmp, and the gamecube SC2 files are .vmg. Olk explorer wasn't programmed to recognise the PS2 and GC formats so it shows them as ".unk" (unknown).

Thanks and still im trying to rebuild my soul calibur 3 iso but no luck :( in the future will you make a hacked sc3 iso with all of the cutseen stages?

Im also wondering where you got the sc2 movesets,was it from ninjahacker?

and finaly i know how to edit the BGM in sc3:

1st- extract all the files to a folder
2nd- look inside the AFS file called bgm.afs
3rd- convert a song with adxencoder
4th- replace the song with one of your choice

thats it ^.^

I finally know how to rebuild a ps2 iso and i swapped some stages and im playing it on pcsx2 and it works fine :) I have uploaded a new vid on youtube about my modded stage. I swapped the wepon cutseen stage with the clock stage.

btw i looked at your guide in the root.olk,file5 where are the rest of the cutseen stages like the forest of the book room ?

How did you solve your ISO problem?

I had all those stages written down, but I lost the file a while back when I reformatted my computer. If you could keep track of which unknown stages are which then that would be great.

How did you solve your ISO problem?

I had all those stages written down, but I lost the file a while back when I reformatted my computer. If you could keep track of which unknown stages are which then that would be great.

Il try to make notes on notepad or somthing :) and i rebuilded the iso using cdvdgen to make it into an iml file then i used iml2iso and rebuild it ^.^

BTW- I also swapped lynette model for Amy in her armour store since she is one of my favs :)
amyinstore.jpg

and finaly i know how to edit the BGM in sc3:

1st- extract all the files to a folder
2nd- look inside the AFS file called bgm.afs
3rd- convert a song with adxencoder
4th- replace the song with one of your choice

thats it ^.^

great find. but how do you know which songs are which?

could u make a list of all the tracks in the game? it'd be EXTREMELY helpful with this info.

which version of adxen coder is recomended? link?

thanks in advance...

These are BGM music files located in the BGM.afs:

• bgm_stg001_v0- Egyptian ruin
    bgm_stg002_v0- Clock tower
    bgm_stg003_v0- Sophitia's stage
    bgm_stg004_v0- Ostrheinsburg castle
    bgm_stg005_v0- Watermill vally
    bgm_stg006_v0- Mitsurugi's stage
    bgm_stg007_v0- Valentine mansion
    bgm_stg008_v0- Taki's ending music stage
    bgm_stg009_v0- Collosseum
    bgm_stg00a_v0- Shrine stage
    bgm_stg00b_v0- Maxi's stage
    bgm_stg00c_v0- Lost cathederal
    bgm_stg00d_v0- Money pit
    bgm_stg00e_v0- Taki's stage
    bgm_stg00f_v0- Kilik's stage
    bgm_stg010_v0- Laberinth
    bgm_stg011_v0- Ling sueng su temple
    bgm_stg012_v0- Lost catederal ruin
    bgm_stg013_v0- Pirate raid
    bgm_stg014_v0- Setsuka's stage
    bgm_stg015_v0- Romanian castle
    bgm_stg016_v0- Lotus garden
    bgm_stg017_v0- Old teodo burning gallery
    bgm_stg018_v0- Silk ruin
    bgm_stg019_v0- Night terror's stage
    bgm_stg020_v0- Soul calibur 2 chapel music

OOF how can you convert the GC vmg files like the movesets ? not the models. And how do you use pkg exploarer because it dosn't work on my pc =(

Im trying to swap the 1st 3 pkg moveset files in the sc2 File5.olk with sc3 ones but i noticed that sc3 has 4pkg files but sc2 only has 3? im trying to get setskuas moveset playable not 100% but playable :)

Hey OOF I saw in your moveset hacks vid that there was talims early build how did you get it ? also whos moveset did you swap with zasalamel?

Back