Moka's CaS gallery

mokamoka827

[13] Hero
So after 6 years I finally got around to taking screenshots of the characters I've made in CaS!
Probably a good thing I took this long, actually. Took me a while to get the hang of SC5's system lol
Some of them are better than others, of course. Also, a few of the characters blinked when I took their screenshots and I didn't catch it until I got the pictures on my laptop lmao

Oh, and I've never been good at making male characters, so all of these are female.

So, starting with my original characters.
Sigrid
Sigrid 1.png
Sigrid 2.png

Annika
Annika 1.png
Annika 2.png

Thanks to Leixia's stance, her braid is completely obscured lol

Yukari
Yukari 1.png
Yukari 3.png

Lucellia
Lucellia 1.png
Lucellia 2.png

Eufemia
Eufemia 1.png
Eufemia 2.png

Biyu
Biyu.png

Akane
Akane.png

Kaine
Kaine.png

Claudia
Claudia 1.png
Claudia 2.png

Dahlia
Dahlia 1.png
Dahlia 2.png

Victoire
Victoire.png

Sarga
Sarga.png

Athena. Obviously not an original character per se lol
Athena 1.png
Athena 2.png

Next up are my attempts at recreating several characters from Chronicles of the Sword. Mostly the Klessirpemdo These were a lot of fun to do, and while I'm not particularly proud of a couple of them, I enjoyed how the majority of them came out.

Abelia
Abelia.png

Luna
Luna.png

Lupi
Lupi.png

Elua. I tried giving her boots, but they kept making the pants look weird, so I had to improvise a bit.
Elua.png

Heal-do. Ended up having to take some creative liberties with this one
Healdo.png

Aege. Not my greatest, admittedly
Aege.png

Mooncalf
Mooncalf.png

And I also made a few recreated characters from outside Soulcalibur

Kitana, Mileena, and Jade from Mortal Kombat. These are original designs for each of them that I came up with since I thought that just remaking their actual designs would be kinda boring.
Kitana.png

For Kitana, I wanted to emphasize the princess aspect of her character a bit more. I really wish that robe fit female characters a bit better tbh. I mean, it looks great on male characters.
Mileena.png

Wanted to go with some kind of ninja look with a similar aesthetic to her MKX design, though I don;t think I succeeded much on the latter. I also chose to tone down the shade of pink as well.
Jade.png

I actually didn't really have any specific idea in mind, but I think I like how Jade came out better than the other two

I was also going to try recreating all the Disney Princesses as warriors, but I only wound up doing Ariel. I'll probably get back into it and try coming up with design ideas for the other princesses.
Ariel.png

And obviously she has Hilde's trident weapon, though sadly not visible in the screenshot as such

I figured I'd include this in the recreations section, even though it's not quite that. This design was heavily inspired by Diaochan's Dynasty Warriors 9 design, but was never intended to be a full-on recreation, so it's far from exact. But it's also definitely not a wholly original design.
Diaochan.png

Attachments

• Abelia.png
    Abelia.png
    558.8 KB · Views: 500
Here are some highlights:

Sigrid> Those boots are cute af! I love how you combined the white bump mapping with the ribbon SpecEq. I don't think I've ever seen that combination before. Very organic. It also matches nicely with the white breastplate.

Biyu> I like how the athletic pants and arm gear gives the overall design a certain rebelliousness. I would recommend removing the patten on the arms and head gear to match the pants. Then I'd recommend using a combination of stickers and SpecEq to bling out the hat. Like a diamond sticker combined with a halo or tiara SpecEq to simulate jewelry.

Claudia> Simply beautiful. The original Ivy alt was too flashy, but you toned it down with a very somber blue/black color scheme. The subtle black undershirt made from pocket stickers also makes for a very classic, understated look. The flower eye patch is quite beautiful. Try adding earrings via SpecEq for extra bling.

Dahlia> Cute, but too many horizontal lines in the head region (tiara, choker). I'd just remove the tiara and throw on some hair extension/pigtails for hair volume.

Athena> Beautiful Spartan warrior. Great job griming up the design with the patterns/stickers. The headgear's also really cool. She does look a bit too bad ass for the Goddess of wisdom and poetry though. Try bringing out Athena's more feminine or intellectual aspects with a blue/white color scheme with gold accents or anything a bit more feminine.

Jade> Really cool redesign. Try adding some headgear via SpecEq. Think Dynasty Warriors.

Ariel (Disney)> Masterpiece! Holy fuck the mermaid/warrior/princess design kicks ass! I love how you merged the feather stickers from the pants to her torso skin and how the purple edge of the feathers effortlessly blend into the purple bra. I would highly recommend adding a bit of armor to the torso to correct for the belt's "floatiness." It would also balance out the armor on her limbs and head while maintaining the fishy/aquatic theme. Try using the feathers of strength SpecEq on both sides of her hips so you can still see the glorious sticker work. Definitely the star of this batch. I hope to see more amazing work like this.

Original/Diaochan> Lovely sticker work with the blossoms. Also, cool custom fan. Try adding some more Dynasty Warriors-themed headgear for extra flash.

Overall, fantastic feminine creations! You have a strong sense of fashion along with advanced CaS technique. If you view my gallery, you'll see that we have very similar styles. On that note, your focus on crafting sleek, svelte silhouettes tends to limit your design choices. Women are sugar, spice, and everything (opportunistically) nice, so don't be afraid to bring out a bit of darkness/spite/psychopathy. Whether that means slashed dresses, demonic eyes, or edgy makeup. Incorporating a bit of armor, as you did for Ariel, also greatly expands your repertoire. Definitely expand on that Disney warrior princess theme. Here's some suggestions for Disney:

Mulan> Already a warrior princess. Throw in some Asian shit and armor and you're set.

Elsa (Frozen)> Ice warrior theme. Just use that bump-mapped snowflake pattern, especially when used with SpecEq like the leaf, samurai fan ornament, and any set of horns. You may also use that bump-mapped black/white pattern (modern) for a frost effect.

Snow White> Instantly recognizable blue/gold/red color scheme. Change the puffy sleeves for some pauldrons, add some battle scars, Dark Souls-themed weapons and voila!

Alice in Wonderland> Armored Alice would be fucking hilarious. Easy blue/white color scheme. Throw in some Playing Card motifs via re-patterned talisman SpecEq and you're set.

I expect great things from you, MokaX2. Once SC6 rolls out, you'll be leading the new generation of CaSers.

Last edited:
Here are some highlights:

Sigrid> Those boots are cute af! I love how you combined the white bump mapping with the ribbon SpecEq. I don't think I've ever seen that combination before. Very organic. It also matches nicely with the white breastplate.

Biyu> I like how the athletic pants and arm gear gives the overall design a certain rebelliousness. I would recommend removing the patten on the arms and head gear to match the pants. Then I'd recommend using a combination of stickers and SpecEq to bling out the hat. Like a diamond sticker combined with a halo or tiara SpecEq to simulate jewelry.

Claudia> Simply beautiful. The original Ivy alt was too flashy, but you toned it down with a very somber blue/black color scheme. The subtle black undershirt made from pocket stickers also makes for a very classic, understated look. The flower eye patch is quite beautiful. Try adding earrings via SpecEq for extra bling.

Dahlia> Cute, but too many horizontal lines in the head region (tiara, choker). I'd just remove the tiara and throw on some hair extension/pigtails for hair volume.

Athena> Beautiful Spartan warrior. Great job griming up the design with the patterns/stickers. The headgear's also really cool. She does look a bit too bad ass for the Goddess of wisdom and poetry though. Try bringing out Athena's more feminine or intellectual aspects with a blue/white color scheme with gold accents or anything a bit more feminine.

Jade> Really cool redesign. Try adding some headgear via SpecEq. Think Dynasty Warriors.

Ariel (Disney)> Masterpiece! Holy fuck the mermaid/warrior/princess design kicks ass! I love how you merged the feather stickers from the pants to her torso skin and how the purple edge of the feathers effortlessly blend into the purple bra. I would highly recommend adding a bit of armor to the torso to correct for the belt's "floatiness." It would also balance out the armor on her limbs and head while maintaining the fishy/aquatic theme. Try using the feathers of strength SpecEq on both sides of her hips so you can still see the glorious sticker work. Definitely the star of this batch. I hope to see more amazing work like this.

Original/Diaochan> Lovely sticker work with the blossoms. Also, cool custom fan. Try adding some more Dynasty Warriors-themed headgear for extra flash.

Overall, fantastic feminine creations! You have a strong sense of fashion along with advanced CaS technique. If you view my gallery, you'll see that we have very similar styles. On that note, your focus on crafting sleek, svelte silhouettes tends to limit your design choices. Women are sugar, spice, and everything (opportunistically) nice, so don't be afraid to bring out a bit of darkness/spite/psychopathy. Whether that means slashed dresses, demonic eyes, or edgy makeup. Incorporating a bit of armor, as you did for Ariel, also greatly expands your repertoire. Definitely expand on that Disney warrior princess theme. Here's some suggestions for Disney:

Mulan> Already a warrior princess. Throw in some Asian shit and armor and you're set.

Elsa (Frozen)> Ice warrior theme. Just use that bump-mapped snowflake pattern, especially when used with SpecEq like the leaf, samurai fan ornament, and any set of horns. You may also use that bump-mapped black/white pattern (modern) for a frost effect.

Snow White> Instantly recognizable blue/gold/red color scheme. Change the puffy sleeves for some pauldrons, add some battle scars, Dark Souls-themed weapons and voila!

Alice in Wonderland> Armored Alice would be fucking hilarious. Easy blue/white color scheme. Throw in some Playing Card motifs via re-patterned talisman SpecEq and you're set.

I expect great things from you, MokaX2. Once SC6 rolls out, you'll be leading the new generation of CaSers.
That was a great read, and thank you so much! I learned a lot of how to make characters look a bit more interesting from looking through your creations over the years, so having your input means a hell of a lot lol.

I'll definitely take everything you've said into account, you've given me some really good ideas here.

Also thanks for the note on Sigrid's boots! I wasn't sure about those at all, so I'm glad to see they're well recieved!

Finally got around to taking some screenshots, so here are some characters I managed to whip up. A couple new ones, but mostly attempts at recreating the ones above, with varying levels of success

First up, my originals

Sigrid
More or less satisfied with how this one came out, though I do hope we get some long undershorts in the DLC to properly recreate her. This character's also why I wish they split up Sophitia's dress into two pieces so we could have an alternative to Pyrrha's skirt. And the lack of variety of boots that female characters got is atrocious.
Sigrid.jpg
Annika
Not too mad about this, I actually do like some aspects to it over her original design. Certainly miss Jun's shawl though. Also Viola's shoes were such an important part to this look and with just the stilettos, it looks...bare.
Annika.jpg
Yukari
Very meh about this one. Wasn't crazy about her original design either tbh. Been in a rut with her for years, actually. Hopefully future DLC inspires me more.
Yukari.jpg
Lucellia
I'm super proud of how she came out, mostly because she's the closest to her SC5 design out of all the others lol. At first I was bummed out the absence of the honor boots, but the Purge Greaves work well with her.
Lucellia.jpg
Kaine
Generally pretty happy with this one, though I would've liked to give her some fancy looking heels. I just couldn't bring myself to use Tira's boots, having already used the skirt and shawl.
Kaine.jpg
Victoire
This one's right up there with Lucellia. So glad this armor set stayed around. I'm kinda surprised at how good of a substitute for the Succubus Boots Tira's boots made. Not so happy about this skirt though, but it fit the most.
Victoire.jpg

Katharine
New for the thread, but I actually made her back in SC5 before my save file got corrupted and I lost all my data. From the waist up this is more or less a full recreation from SC5. She originally had the Beret, but the Tyrolean Hat works well enough. This is actually this first time I've ever used it lol. Though I pray for more boots in the DLC. I'm getting sick of defaulting to the Purge Greaves when I need tall boots.
Katharine.jpg
Petra
A new character of mine that I was designing with a kind of Cleric archetype in mind? Maybe mixed with a Paladin. I'm happy with her. Though I wish patterns and stickers weren't so warped on this skirt. There'd be more detail there, otherwise.
Petra.jpg

Now for some cameos/recreations

Mileena
Once again, this is more my own design rather than an exact recreation. I went for something different than last time and I really like the end result. I honestly hate Seong Mina's bra but I think it suits this design rather well. I ended up making her a malfested for dem eyes and I couldn't be happier about how those came out. Meant to take a close-up shot though. I'll probably add one later.
Mileena.jpg
Jasmine
A continuation of my Disney Warriors Princesses thing, this time with Jasmine. Trying to work out Ariel's design but it's not going so well, so I went on to Jasmine. Gotta say, this took me forever to figure out but I really like where I ended up with her.
Jasmine.jpg
Alice
This is just a silly little thing I came up with after seeing this fanart. Obviously not a totally exact recreation lol. The flower and pure ring were honest just to hide the clipping of the skirt and Kimono. Wish there was an apron waist item. Oh well.
Alice.jpg
Luna
So I started trying to recreate her as accurately as I could but kept getting frustrated at the limitations we had, so I ended up just saying 'fuck it' and went for more of a slight redesign of the character and actually wound up with something I really like!
Luna.jpg
But I swear to god this is the last time I fucking touch those stupid boots.

Attachments

• Katharine.jpg
    Katharine.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 193
  • Jasmine.jpg
    Jasmine.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 186
Some new additions..

This is some kind of cross between a recreation and an original character? It's heavily inspired by Carmilla from the Castlevania Netflix series, though definitely not meant to be a perfect recreation. Initially I was gonna give her Ivy's style, but then felt that was too typical for a character like this so I went with Groh. Though I took screenshots of both since the weapons fit so well.
Carmilla 2.jpg
Carmilla 1.jpg
Next are my attempts at recreating Lynette and Valeria from SC3. Generally pretty happy with these, though The coloring of Valeria's skirt was a pain to figure out lol. I got this idea upon finally noticing that Sophitia's boots have some kind of blades on them, so I figured, why not give it a shot? I tried Hualin but couldn't come up with anything I'm confident enough to show so I'm gonna keep at it.
Valeria.jpg
Lynette.jpg
Also, sadly, Lynette only looks good when not in motion. The white brims constantly intersect with either her shoulders or torso.
Oh and here's that closeup of Mileena that I mentioned previously.
Mileena 2.jpg
Man, I love those eyes.

Last edited:
Here's a couple notes on your work.

Lucellia: solid knight design. I don’t really like the wing stickers, which kinda bring unnecessary attention to the crotch. But a lot of top-tier CaSers here love the crotch stickers, so go with whatever suits your style. Very clever positioning of the pattern on the skirt so that the border rests just at the bottom. Looks like you blocked out the rest with some kind of sticker.

Mileena: This one’s a stunner. I really like how you reimagined her. Sure she’s got extra armor this time around, but she’s still instantly recognizable. Tira’s messy hair really suits Mileena’s character too. Some people bemoan the limited options in SC6, but you “listened” to the system and let it guide you to into new, fascinating territory.

Carmilla(?): Wowwww. This one is BADASS. I liked the original Netflix outfit for its understated elegance, but you Soul-Caliburized her very nicely. The Xianghua sleeves do a great job balancing the poofiness of the bottom piece. And spectacular job using the gradient pattern to transition the black top to the red bottom. Amazing sticker work on the top too. It’s so natural, that most people probably think it’s just standard equipment. Not only did you fashion a custom choker using the lion sticker, you also carried it onto the skin. Then you used a flesh-toned pentagon sticker to expose a bit of cleavage. And you managed to tie the awkward straps from the Sophitia shoulder armor to the chest using the flower SpecEq. Bravo.

Here's a couple notes on your work.

Lucellia: solid knight design. I don’t really like the wing stickers, which kinda bring unnecessary attention to the crotch. But a lot of top-tier CaSers here love the crotch stickers, so go with whatever suits your style. Very clever positioning of the pattern on the skirt so that the border rests just at the bottom. Looks like you blocked out the rest with some kind of sticker.

Mileena: This one’s a stunner. I really like how you reimagined her. Sure she’s got extra armor this time around, but she’s still instantly recognizable. Tira’s messy hair really suits Mileena’s character too. Some people bemoan the limited options in SC6, but you “listened” to the system and let it guide you to into new, fascinating territory.

Carmilla(?): Wowwww. This one is BADASS. I liked the original Netflix outfit for its understated elegance, but you Soul-Caliburized her very nicely. The Xianghua sleeves do a great job balancing the poofiness of the bottom piece. And spectacular job using the gradient pattern to transition the black top to the red bottom. Amazing sticker work on the top too. It’s so natural, that most people probably think it’s just standard equipment. Not only did you fashion a custom choker using the lion sticker, you also carried it onto the skin. Then you used a flesh-toned pentagon sticker to expose a bit of cleavage. And you managed to tie the awkward straps from the Sophitia shoulder armor to the chest using the flower SpecEq. Bravo.
Thanks a lot! Carmilla took quite a bit of work, so it's nice to see it paid off lol. I was originally gonna try to mimic the sleek and sultry quality of the original design, but then I quickly realized that wasn't going to work so I fashioned it into more of a ballgown and couldn't be happier with the results. I only wish we had some heels like her actual ones at our disposal. Not to mention a straight hairstyle without bangs.

And I actually never noticed how the wings on Lucellia's skirt brought attention to her crotch. Hm. That's gonna bug me lmao. Welp, I wasn't happy with them to begin with, so I'll just have to think of something else to spice up the skirt. And yep, I used the square sticker to block out the rest of the pattern, though that was way easier in SC5. Why they made the sticker colors so much brighter than the equipment, I'll never understand.

Loving Lucilia and your takes on Mileena and Jasmine. I agree crotch stickers are kind of tacky. It’s a shame the Purge Boots have fur on them, otherwise I’d have a good use for them. Footwear definitely needs to be in the DLC.

Over a year later, I finally have a few updates lol

Updated Sigrid
I was really happy to get these boots back since that allowed me to recreate her SC5 boots. I'm really happy with how the skirt turned out, though the pose doesn't really do the skirt any favors lol
Sigrid 1.jpg

Updated Annika
So glad to have an alternative to Viola's shoes. The stilettos just weren't working for this design.
Annika 1.jpg

Updated Kaine
Pretty much rebuilt her whole design from scratch. I prefer this to her original design by a mile.
Violetta 1.jpg

Updated Katherine/Renamed Katarina
I was determined to find a way to make that dumb pirate set usable for me and I think I managed pretty well? Overall really happy with this.
Katarina 1.jpg

Dahlia
I much prefer this to her SC5 design. My whole idea surrounding this character is that she's very unhinged and I feel like it wasn't originally conveyed well, whereas I think I succeeded a bit more here. Claudia will be showing up eventually.
Dahlia 1.jpg

Celene
New character. Wanted to make use of the Night Butterfly set mostly. This went through about 5 color schemes before I settled on this one lol
Celene 1.jpg

Melinda
Another newbie. One of my favorites I think. Went through a few different palettes with this one as well.
Melinda 1.jpg

Theoris
An attempt at an Egyptian character that doesn't look like a Party City Cleopatra costume. I did some research and found that Egyptian fashion in the 16th century had more in common with Turkey, so I based this design more off of some old Turkish artwork and paintings. It's a little all over the place, but so was Turkish fashion so....mission accomplished I guess? lol
Theoris 1.jpg

Lanfen
Just kinda let loose with this one. Took some inspiration from some Dynasty Warriors designs. Hoping for a less bulky belt in the future.
Lanfen 1.jpg

Biyu
Overall I kinda prefer her SC5 design, but I'm happy with this. It's kind of annoying that those leather sections on Cass' gloves can't be recolored. Thanks to that I felt like I had to put that color elsewhere on the design so it didn't look too off.
Biyu 1.jpg

Lovely creations, both in SCV and SCVI! I love your eye for silhouettes and color palettes. For Lanfen, I'd suggest using a pure ring and another extra equipment to create a slimmer belt.

Lovely creations, both in SCV and SCVI! I love your eye for silhouettes and color palettes. For Lanfen, I'd suggest using a pure ring and another extra equipment to create a slimmer belt.
Thank you so much!
And I actually only have one extra slot left for Lanfen since I have two on her head and the pure ring doesn't quite work on its own tbh. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Back