Mortal Kombat (2011)

:O !! Not only are we getting Cyber Smoke, but Cyber Sub-Zero ?! Sweet !! :D Where's Goro and Shao Kahn thou ? I thought they were playable. o_0 Great news about the dlc as well. I just hope Motaro ends up playable as well. :)

GameInformer (not GamePro) had some early coverage from MK and there was a small talk from Boon saying that Goro was going to be a boss-only character AT FIRST, he was probably hinting at some dlc, or maybe unlockable character, not too sure... I read about it about 2 months ago.

Also, I do hope Motaro ends up as a playable character too, just hoping Neatherrealm Studios makes his ass as his 4-legged self...
The 2-legged version from the consoles looked like ass.

About that Lady in Red, never really knew that she was originally a glitch, but otherwise, cool news about a new character!

I expect those to be fixed, but I expect some other char to have similar crap, though I expect that to get patched out, hopefully before EVO.

I want MK9 to be the biggest game at EVO.

I expect those to be fixed, but I expect some other char to have similar crap, though I expect that to get patched out, hopefully before EVO.

I want MK9 to be the biggest game at EVO.
No way in hell is that going to happen. It will be lucky to be 3rd. SSF4 and MvC3 will be at each others teeth for that spot and the gap after them will be huge.

MK9SELECT.jpg
Not sure if this was posted. But yea these are the characters.

well, GJ. Raiden. You successfully altered the timeline. Smoke got some wild ass hair, Sub-Zero got captured and Robo'd and Kano still has hair!

Ninja Walken!

I'm appreciating the games fan service but still...skeptical on the final gameplay. It looks like this will actually have a lot of stuff to do in it though...so i may get it launch day. It can always be my new smash bros...purely casual

Ninja Walken!

I'm appreciating the games fan service but still...skeptical on the final gameplay. It looks like this will actually have a lot of stuff to do in it though...so i may get it launch day. It can always be my new smash bros...purely casual

Because a fighter can't be fun if it ain't ultra competitive. That is all relative to me, to be honest, and from the looks of things I doubt this one will follow the lame 3D Mk's. For once I have faith this franchise will deliver a decent fighting engine.
Also, this cracked me up a bit:

31oDz.jpg

Eh I picked up the demo on PSN, played it for about an hour and a half and fell asleep while I was doing so. Literally. From around 6 PM to a bit after 9:30. Something about this game does not instill the hype in me. And before MK went 3D I bought them all, so you'd think the move to a 2d style would buzz me right? But now when Johnny Cage shouts "Look at this!" with all the enthusiasm of an excited 6 year old about to show you that he can cartwheel, only to grin proudly whilst holding a man's decapitated head towards me in the manner a pet might bring me a small dead animal, I am only repulsed. The game's ugly and at this point the gameplay is lacking. Scorpy has a huge edge in being able to make a stun whenever he wants one, it's like, "Lol I caught you, free X-ray!" and I too found out I could spam attacks and "infinite" my opponent. I guess my tastes have changed and I suspect the game's gonna be a mess when it hits. And what's up with Johnny's chest tattoo? Is he a Hispanic gang member in this time line?

Eh I picked up the demo on PSN, played it for about an hour and a half and fell asleep while I was doing so. Literally. From around 6 PM to a bit after 9:30. Something about this game does not instill the hype in me. And before MK went 3D I bought them all, so you'd think the move to a 2d style would buzz me right? But now when Johnny Cage shouts "Look at this!" with all the enthusiasm of an excited 6 year old about to show you that he can cartwheel, only to grin proudly whilst holding a man's decapitated head towards me in the manner a pet might bring me a small dead animal, I am only repulsed. The game's ugly and at this point the gameplay is lacking. Scorpy has a huge edge in being able to make a stun whenever he wants one, it's like, "Lol I caught you, free X-ray!" and I too found out I could spam attacks and "infinite" my opponent. I guess my tastes have changed and I suspect the game's gonna be a mess when it hits. And what's up with Johnny's chest tattoo? Is he a Hispanic gang member in this time line?

How old are you? Not taking that as an insult, but I've noticed that hype for this game seems to be mostly with the older crowd, those guys who remember the older games. New-school gamers seem to be very antihype, probably cause they only remember shitty MK.

Also, the MK aesthetic is not anime at all, which I think drives some FG fans away, it's kinda like a reverse Arcana Heart in that regard.

I can just imagine a MK/AH crossover game now.

Bitching about J.Cage is pretty odd since Alstein said it best. You should of known by now that Cage is a Van Damme mock, hence the catchphrases, and him being a joke character similar to Dan in SF.
The game is ugly means you need a pair of new glasses or a better TV since my demo looks quite catchy to be honest, and if you were, by any chance, talking about the animation, I feel it's about on the same level as SF4.

How old are you? Not taking that as an insult, but I've noticed that hype for this game seems to be mostly with the older crowd, those guys who remember the older games. New-school gamers seem to be very antihype, probably cause they only remember shitty MK.

It's cool man. None taken. 29. I remember the old games. Loved em. At the time. Game always had great lore I thought. But I noticed when UMK came up on live I tried it out and could no longer get myself to care much about that game either.

Bitching about J.Cage is pretty odd since Alstein said it best. You should of known by now that Cage is a Van Damme mock, hence the catchphrases, and him being a joke character similar to Dan in SF.
The game is ugly means you need a pair of new glasses or a better TV since my demo looks quite catchy to be honest, and if you were, by any chance, talking about the animation, I feel it's about on the same level as SF4.
Who's bitching? I said what's up with his tattoo? That's not bitching. Bitching would be saying that tattoo is clearly meant to avert the eye from his hideously rendered face. It's OP is what it is, you see the word "Johnny" and you think that's his life-bar. But seriously, I'm just messing with you now cause you seem to be a pretty hardcore fan. And my TV and glasses are fine. The game's got a rough look right now. Like a European game might. The characters look and move like they're made out of plastic for example. I'm not saying they won't hammer this out later, but it looks bad now, imo.

hqdefault.jpg

Seriously this looks "catchy" to you?

mk_9_screenshot_2.jpg

Plastic.

Some games aesthetics age better then others. I felt the aesthetics of MK dropped heavily after 2. 3 ruined the series for me.

9 looks like mostly a return to 2, and the MK3 chars do look less cheesy. I did kinda like MK4 in the arcade though.

Back