Mortal Kombat (2011)

How many people are using Sektor? He seems pretty popular, so I may not want to use him anymore so I don't seem like a scrub.

Ermac is relatively popular based on what I've seen, but I don't care about who other people use enough to drop him or anything.

I had settled on him long before the game was released simply because he's been my favorite Mortal Kombat character since his debut.

How many people are using Sektor? He seems pretty popular, so I may not want to use him anymore so I don't seem like a scrub.

Who cares about popularity of a character. Use who you like. Its scrubby to care if people judge you for picking a popular character.

Should hear how many remarks I catch when I pick Scorpion. They think a little differently after the match though.

So my ass dropped noob and attempted sub zero...fuckers a beast. Decent damage output, like 30-40% range on nearly anything. I'm also finding some really dirty ice clone set ups in the corner. I may run both and use Noob to counter characters that dont have teleports. I've also been prepping for the PDP tournament next week on my TE by setting my buttons as:

1 | grab | 2 | tag (unused)
3 | block | 4 | stance (unused)

This is to simulate a similar lay out to the terrible traditional one on the official sticks. For those using them i suggest ignoring the bottom left hand button entirely and treat it like a 5 button (so grab with 1+3)

REALLY wish this game had a better bind system I would like to do :

1 | 3 | block | -
2 | 4 | block | -

would make it much easier for different hand placements during combos and such.

Sub Zero is awesome, with consistent 30% and above combos, though, he caps damage at about 60%, which is good. He's currently my main and I normally don't have troubles at all except when I face a teleport spammer... ugh! I gotta find out strats to beat these teleports.

i'd like to see a sub zero that ISN'T a carbon copy of tom brady. the game is so new...there are so many ways to play each character that are still untapped, and yet already every sub i see is just an inferior doppelganger of TB. teleport characters shouldn't be a problem at all with sub. jump forward and ice clone and watch them eat it all day. all it means is that you'll have to *gasp* develop a unique strategy to use them other than clone > backdash > ice ball zoning. let's see some damn creativity!

sub can get massive damage off teleport punishes, so don't try to zone them. Rely on clones, basic pressure and punish. 32% punishes should keep them weary of spamming them. Just make sure your clones are behind you, so drop them during a knockdown and dash forward

IFB this is for you... thanks to lomyn

Neutral Attacks

FP = i14 +0
BP = i11 +11
FK = i12 +9
BK = i17 +12

Crouching Attacks

d+FP = i6 -3
d+BP = i15 (Uppercut)
d+FK = i7 +4
d+BK = i15 +17

Jumping attacks:

j+P = i9
j+K = i10

jf+P = i8
jf+K = i8

xup j+K = i8

Command Normals

b+FP = i20
b+BP = i22
b+FK = i13
b+BK = i15 (Sweep)

f+BP = i18
f+FK = i18
f+BK = i17

Specials

Fan Lift (b, b+BP) = i24
Fan toss (d, f+FP) = i24
Fan toss (air) (j, d, f+FP) = i13
Square boost = ??
Square boost (air) (j, d, b+FP) = i18
Fan Slicer (d, f+BP) = i14
Pretty Kick (d, b+FK) = i18
Fake out kick (d, b+BK) = i31

Enhanced Specials

Enh. Fan Toss (d, f+FP+BLOCK) = i22
Enh Fan Toss (Air) (j, d, f+FP+BLOCK) = i13
Enh. Fan Lift (b, b+BP+BLOCK) = i10 (!)
Enh. Pretty Kick (d, b+FK+BLOCK) = i18
Enh. Square Boost = ??
Enh. Square Boost (Air) (j, d, b+FP+BLOCK) = i18
Enh. Fan Cutter (d, f+BP+BLOCK) = i14

Throws

Back Throw = i10
Forward Throw = i10,

finding block stun/recovery frames is really tricky on this game. basically what the numbers for recovery represent is how many frames it takes before the opponent can jump or dash after blocking it.

kitana is the beez neez

I don't zone with Sub, I seem to rush down with sub, using the ice ball only in a combo or part of a punish, and I think that I should use the ice clone more often but I don't.

Wonderful. So Tom Brady says Cyrax's bomb trap won't work in the next patch.

So instead of toning down his damage 10 or 15% to make it comparable to all the other characters, their solution is to take away the only thing that makes him a viable character.

Wonderful.

rofl. he also said that he lost to a setup that was already patched but that NRS hadn't released it because PSN was down. he also said he had a broken pad.

i wouldn't exactly believe the words of a salty man reaching for excuses.

Haha, I really do hope that that is not the case, but regardless of whether it is or isn't true, Tom Brady has gotta be one of the pettiest fighting game players I have *ever* seen.

So, this might not be the best place to post this, but seeing as this is the only MK thread i've seen on these forums i'll give it a shot. Everytime i try to get into some public rooms on MK, whether i hit "join room" or "create room".. or even try to read the message of the day, it says "The Mortal Kombat server is not available at this time. Please try again later." it's been doing this for a week solid at least. the strangest thing is that i USED to be able to get into public rooms, for at least 2 weeks after release.. and what's stranger is that i can still join ranked matches and create private rooms to invite people to, it's only the public room aspect of the game that i'm being locked out of. I was thinking "what if i got banned from their servers?" but i never did anything to warrant such an extreme punishment. What if my ISP is having issues and the server's rejecting me due to high ping? if that's the problem, why would i still be able to play ranked.. and my NAT's not closed because i opened the 4 ports recommended by XBL over a year ago. i've also had people tell me "just go back to the main menu, then come back in and try again", doesn't work. i realize this isnt a tech support thread, but would anyone know wtf's going on or where i can go to find out wtf's going on? i wants tuh smoke ball people SO BAD

(DLC in Cyber Smoke or you're doing it wrong, NetherRealm.. idgaf if it conflicts with the storyline mmmmmKAY?!)

i'm guessing that XBL in general is felling a HUGE influx of players now that PSN is a ghost of the past. most likely the MK servers are not equipped to handle 200% of their anticipated volume.

that makes sense, i guess.. at any rate, i figured out that i can still do "Player Match" which is good enough for me for now, still irritating that i cant search lobbies and join public rooms though. Hopefully this will be resolved before too long.

I watched Brady and I didn't feel he was using clones as well as I've seen others. corner clone set ups are sexy and is what I'm trying to get down. I'm working my combos for consistency to always end with enough advantage and proper space to drop a clone and start a new attack. So my main BnB is:

j.2, b12df3, nj.2, dash, 1, b12, 212bf4 = 41%

but in corner I'll do:

j.2, b12df3, nj.2, 1, 11, 214, (delay till just after there legs land flat)db1 = 35?%

Does decent damage and they wake up with a clone in their face and you have enough advantage to start the next move first.

Also ty for the data. Still a bitch trying to learn when im at advantage. I think d1 is every characters fastest move.

I watched Brady and I didn't feel he was using clones as well as I've seen others. corner clone set ups are sexy and is what I'm trying to get down. I'm working my combos for consistency to always end with enough advantage and proper space to drop a clone and start a new attack. So my main BnB is:

j.2, b12df3, nj.2, dash, 1, b12, 212bf4 = 41%

but in corner I'll do:

j.2, b12df3, nj.2, 1, 11, 214, (delay till just after there legs land flat)db1 = 35?%

Does decent damage and they wake up with a clone in their face and you have enough advantage to start the next move first.

Also ty for the data. Still a bitch trying to learn when im at advantage. I think d1 is every characters fastest move.

33 is scorps fastest move. Anybody from here started breaking down frames yet?

Haha, I really do hope that that is not the case, but regardless of whether it is or isn't true, Tom Brady has gotta be one of the pettiest fighting game players I have *ever* seen.

The entire time he was commentating on grand finals I just wanted to punch him in his smarmy face.

What vid(s) is this?

Anyone know exactly when to press ->->, 2, 4 after Kung Lao's x-ray to get it to combo? I've been trying in training mode for like 2 days and have only gotten it twice by chance.

Back