Must watch! (For all hardcore SCers)

Watched the last two vids Talim vs Cassandra and Siegfried vs Nightmare.

The best Talim I ever saw.
That's the first time I see a Talim who isn't mostly played on lack of character knowledge. It was surprisingly SAFE.
Which is a first for ALL the Talim I saw in videos here.

Loved the WS A abuse, in order to compense her lack of antistep tools. Be carefull though since it is AA punishable (Cassandra didn't seem aware of that but still very good match).

I really like the way you guys play, keep it up.

As for Nightmare vs Siegfreid... poor Siegfried !

sets vs kilik vid was great :D

strange asta vid though, very unusual playstyle... pretty poor execution from the asta player too especially compared to the other vids posted!

that said, id love to see more, its always good to see how others play

Maybe is hard to tell from one match, since sets almost never eat 3B. But I garentee you that Kura Kilik knows how to counter-hit confirm, we know because we play him in Hong Kong and see it personally, that is also why he always stop at 3B in this video.

as for wsb, 66b, 66b -> maybe some character can get away from it (There are many combo that doesn't work against some character i.e hilde combo doesn't work against rock etc) But I never test this, so I'm not too sure.

After what you said i tryed a lot's of match versus good french player to test 3B CH confirm. It's possible only if you confirm visual mouvement, not the red spark. That mean that you can end sometimes with the neutral version and the delayed 3B not safe.

Btw, you can still use the mouvement as a bait, 3B delay B can let you in avantage reaction trap if enemy wait to block and goes for otherthing, but only evasive move is good.

Also tested a lot's of 3kB, it's a good move, but i notice that it's shit if opponent likes to duck, it will end on a missing second part, that can let you in a bad situation like on this vid. Still very good to use versus a player who not abuse TC response.

This Korean vids are very good for entertaining. It's clearly a good knowledge and execution here. But it's lots of Offense! I really want to see a match of theses koreans players versus some of our good range keeping player (Dina, G-Remy, DTN, me), i wonder how they play versus these style. It can be very informative about this game. Hope to see this one day on a big International Event! (Tell him to go to EVO!)

Btw Kayane have a similar playing style, based on offensive too. Check my next french video (i will post it in the week i think), there will be some match of me and she, good example about keeping away a very aggresive opponent! (don't worry Kayane's Fan, she won some matches too héhé xD)

What I love about that Talim is it is the closest I have seen to my Talim. I use AAB and WR A a whole lot more than AA6BA and FC3BB.

I've been saying Korean appear to be the best (based on vids) SC4 players so far (with France being 2nd) for quite some time now. Although some people seem to disagree, especially those who I deeply respect like Hayate and WCMaxi. So I'm probably not getting some flaw of Korean gameplay obvious to them.

Korean guys play near-half of the cast on a very high level. Their execution, offence and defence are on a very high level. And what's really surprising is their ability to play very agressively while able to take a number of creative offencive and solid defencive decisions. This is very difficult to play so well at such a blinding pace.

I've been saying Korean appear to be the best (based on vids) SC4 players so far (with France being 2nd) for quite some time now. Although some people seem to disagree, especially those who I deeply respect like Hayate and WCMaxi. So I'm probably not getting some flaw of Korean gameplay obvious to them.

I'am not saying that they play bad! I'am pretty sure that there execution and technical skill seems better than anyone here, only the HK videos seems to have the same technical level.

When i was a Soulcalibur1 and 2 player, i was always inspired by there videos, especially the Hwang's and Maxi at SC1, Yunsung and Kilik for SC2. The Korean style is just too beautiful.

For my experience, i don't think that mastering his offensive ability can be enough to win versus someone who is mastering is offensive and defensive option, and when i mean defensive option i mean all the defensive option like : backjumping, step-G, backdashing, ultra safe anti-rushing poke.

If you don't use this part of the game, you will not exploit some additionnal factor in the game.

Well, this is just theorical, and a little experimental (i have faced a lot's of opponnent and different playing style beetween SC1 and SC4), but i can't judge on "videos", this guyz are just showing us what they "want" to show.

I suppose that if they play like in those videos, i think i can find some way to cause them a lot's of problem, espacially on whiffing move and taking frame advantage from distance rushing.

But this is just an opinion, and i'am sure that i'am particaly wrong, cause video is video, nothing else.

Back