My Happy 'Family'

GoodDoctorFaust

[09] Warrior
SOULCALIBUR-1.png

Name: Malek Arimal​
Soul: Viola​
What Lies in his Soul: Greed​
Place in History: A man of no small means, Malek had created an empire within the spice, coffee and silk trade long before many of his older peers. Working through ruthless dealings and possibly the dark arts, Malek came to rule his trade routes with an iron fist. It was through one of these dealings that he discovered a shard of Soul Edge and became one of the Malfested.

His early life is not shared with others and only those who knew of his father or his father's father would even understand what might have led to a life of cruelty and greed. His grandfather was a priest within a tribe of desert nomads. Having wandered through the desert, protecting ancient secrets and safe-guarding knowledge that many had forgotten, these people ensured the future of mankind through their quiet diligence. Their tales told of a sword of Order, one that could defeat the evil of the world and remove its black, chaotic presence, though the name was lost. To this legacy, Malek was born but found the nomadic life was not to his liking, nor did he enjoy the passing on of secrets that mattered little to the outside world.

Leaving his tribe in the dead of night, taking what little money and valuables they had with him, he struck out and traveled until he reached a large city, wherein his empire of trade would soon be born. He found, however, he had little experience with those around him and that none of his ventures worked out, leaving his destitute and starving. In this moment of despair, he reached into the arts of his people and found that he could peer into the future--and foresee disasters of various sorts. It was then he began his merciless work, arranging for meetings with merchants in places where he knew an accident would occur, or seeing to it that caravans were delayed long enough to be caught in sandstorms, ruining their trade and goods, if not outright killing those involved.

Life was quickly becoming good for him, and soon he had built around him his legacy. The twist of fate that brought the shard of Soul Edge to him, however, was not something he could have seen and with it began his decline into his existence as a Malfested. When the shard was taken and the sword reforged, Malek soon forget about the cold piece of metal but its influence stayed with him and he has become more ruthless and violent then ever before.

-------------------------

[Alternate costumes/colors]

SOULCALIBUR_18.png

SOULCALIBUR_39.png

This is just an alternate costume for Malek--usually he dresses like this when dealing with European traders since they don't seem to like him gallivanting around without a shirt on. Can't imagine why.
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_18.png

I really like (and if you know me,you know i say it rarely) both design!
Only thing i don't agree is the white/pinkish skin tone, if i was you i will use one that fit with a middle east etnicity
And maybe think a secondary colour to break the scheme,in both costumes the black is SO dominant

Nice in their semplicity, for both the designs. As Gatsu says maybe you should try to change the color of the second costume, maybe a "sand" color will suit him well, if I can tell my opinion ^ ^

I really like (and if you know me,you know i say it rarely) both design!
Only thing i don't agree is the white/pinkish skin tone, if i was you i will use one that fit with a middle east etnicity
And maybe think a secondary colour to break the scheme,in both costumes the black is SO dominant
Nice in their semplicity, for both the designs. As Gatsu says maybe you should try to change the color of the second costume, maybe a "sand" color will suit him well, if I can tell my opinion ^ ^

I agree with both of you. Just because he's Malfested doesn't mean he has to stick to black! XD The outfit was something I threw together but there's no excuse for laziness! And I'll see about adjusting his skin tone too. Truth be told, I don't--see too many people from the Middle East, and even those I do know are born here in America so their tones aren't going to be 'authentic'~

To the research-mobile!

I love your use of stickers, very cool ;) And his story is too! The armlets and necklace were a nice touch.

And thanks! The stickers are a great new tool to use and I love how he turned out very much! I just wish I could give him the weapon he was meant to have--that is, Soul of Zasalamel, rather than Viola.

SOULCALIBUR_41.png
Name: Abdul-Malek [Real Name Unknown]​
Soul: Astaroth​
What Lies in his Soul: Blind Devotion​
Place in History: Abdul-Malek's life before coming into contact with his employer, Malek, is not known. Abdul-Malek has no memory of his past because Malek himself gave him no reason to wish to remember it. Using the powers of his tribe, in conjunction with his abilities as a Malfested, Malek removed all of Abdul-Malek's memories, giving him a new name and purpose. He now serves as his employer's enforcer, be it through intimidation or violence.

There are those who do remember something of the man's life before he became the bruiser and Malfested. He was once a simple man, having grown up on the streets of Turkey. He made his way through bullying the other children with his size or petty-thieving and for the most part, there was not terribly much to say for his life. It looked as if he would simply become one of the untold millions that would play their part in history without ever being noticed--until Malek hired him on. Initially, he worked as a simple enforcer, simply staying near and ensuring Malek's safety. Over time, Malek began to have him do other jobs--running messages and threats and performing raids or muggings on his enemies and opposing merchants. Finally, he took the man into his confidence and Malek had him act as a valet amongst his many other jobs. It was then that Malek became associated with the cursed sword shard. Abdul-Malek found himself ensnared by Malek's powers and drawn into his will. Now without memory (or a reason to desire his memories) he serves his employer dutifully and without remorse.
SOULCALIBUR_17.png

SOULCALIBUR_42.png

I think I will take a break from putting up my OCs and this time go the educational route. These characters are based on mythological figures--hope you like them~ Keep in mind, these ARE myths and as such, usually are not pleasant nor happy in nature.

Attis.png

First is Attis, a figure from both Greek and Phyrgian mythology. Consort to Cybele, a goddess of the earth, most of Attis priests were eunochs due to his origin story pertaining to the loss of certain, ahem, parts. A symbol of rebirth, Attis is also associated with the fruits of the earth, which die in the winter and are reborn in the spring. The story goes that Cybele pursued his affections but he was betrothed to a princess. At the wedding ceremony, Cybele appeared in her god-state and Attis went mad, removing a vital part of the male anatomy and bleeding to death--his father in law followed suit.

Cybele, however, felt bad for what she'd done and so made it so Attis' body would never rot or decay because of how beautiful it was and because of how much she loved him.

The look of this character is based on the Shin Megami design of Attis with adjustments made due to costume constraints.

Style: Voldo

Durga.png

Next is Maa Durga. In Hinduism, Maa Durga, or Mother Durga, is a figure of absolute feminine creative force. A figure of good and separate from the workings of the Universe, Durga is a powerful goddess with an equally powerful sense of compassion. She is also known for having a sense of humor that never falters, even while in battle. She is usually seen riding a lion or tiger and carrying many weapons and a lotus flower.

Known for slaying a powerful demon (one that managed to defeat the powers of Shiva, Vishnu and Brahma), the tale says that her mere laughter caused an earthquake.

Style: Elysium

Back