my sc stuff

Great work on the outfit design. I forgot, the characters have their birthday months. That's interesting, as I'd imagine, the creators certainly put a lot of thought into each character, from their personalities, race, country, culture, outfits, down to their fighting style, and backstories. ^^

some oldies

Attachments

• 6B3E20D9-19D4-4D72-BBAB-B6F98F8BF007.jpeg
    6B3E20D9-19D4-4D72-BBAB-B6F98F8BF007.jpeg
    920.2 KB · Views: 140
  • E1F0C032-C9BA-4C1E-8FE8-AAF349BC9DB1.jpeg
    E1F0C032-C9BA-4C1E-8FE8-AAF349BC9DB1.jpeg
    458.7 KB · Views: 136
  • 54B32526-857F-4401-A5FA-EAEFF32D7F0E.jpeg
    54B32526-857F-4401-A5FA-EAEFF32D7F0E.jpeg
    976.6 KB · Views: 117
  • 31A2DE1D-B0F8-43B6-A9F4-8A370FCEB6A8.jpeg
    31A2DE1D-B0F8-43B6-A9F4-8A370FCEB6A8.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 139
XD If I haven't seen them, it's new to me. XD
Oh snap Kilik...LOL That's a good one! XD

I couldn't read the first pic you did there. Great costume designs. They all came out really well. :)
lol it’s cassandra telling pyrrha an embarrassing story about pat

XD Oh ok. XD
That's another cool modern take of them together. hehe, the greek flag image on his shirt is a very nice touch. ^^

I'm thinking of sharing my SoulCalibur fan comic here in the community, but I'm not sure how I'll post it exactly. That's something I may have to eventually figure out.

yoga au yoshimitsu and voldo. anatomy/poses look off bc i was lazy and didn’t really use much reference this time 😓

Attachments

• 808EFA1C-C117-43CD-B859-78D127F9F594.jpeg
    808EFA1C-C117-43CD-B859-78D127F9F594.jpeg
    304.8 KB · Views: 115
  • 943D5FD7-31D5-42DE-A503-9937788B42BC.jpeg
    943D5FD7-31D5-42DE-A503-9937788B42BC.jpeg
    327.2 KB · Views: 111
They're not bad at all. I feel ya though. XD
It's harder drawing the characters without references. Often times I hardly find any specific ones and would have to sort of guess on the designs and stuff. XD They came out pretty good though. I also liked Taki and Ivy there. :)

yoga au zasalamel, setsuka and tira

Attachments

• 1D39D01C-9E69-4E89-A6ED-6F8DACD0336B.jpeg
    1D39D01C-9E69-4E89-A6ED-6F8DACD0336B.jpeg
    528.5 KB · Views: 101
  • A02DF383-D5B8-4768-BCF8-EC63E2DACC38.jpeg
    A02DF383-D5B8-4768-BCF8-EC63E2DACC38.jpeg
    574.8 KB · Views: 109
tira in the black and gold dress i designed

Attachments

• 36A57CAD-7B16-4F3F-80B3-8C259FD033DD.jpeg
    36A57CAD-7B16-4F3F-80B3-8C259FD033DD.jpeg
    671.7 KB · Views: 109
Very stylish. it really looks good on Tira along with the ring blade. I can see something like this being part of the custom outfits in the game. It's a very cool design. :)
Oh snap, are those two birds facing each other towards the middle of her dress? I just noticed it now. And how their wings expand along the bottom of her dress, that's a very clever design. I just noticed that. XD Very impressive design. :)

The interesting thing about sketch works is that they often look more animated than the finished drawings for some reason. It's weird how that is. ^^
The sketches, I guess, shows a more raw expression, at it's core, before we apply the visual cosmetics of inking and coloring. And wow, I had no idea you also did animation. Very cool. ^^ I've wanted to learn animation and have started to, back in college, but long story short, just never had the means, convenience and know hows to do it. Drawing comics was about the closest thing to bringing a story to life as I can get for now. Great line drawings you did there. Keep up the great work. :)

I wish this site was a bit more active. It's a shame most users haven't seen your works or commented on them yet. As a fellow artist myself, I understand the sentiment. I should know, I used to get ghosted a lot by other fanfiction writers, as though I had the digital cooties or something. I never did understand that mentality, but that's one social media example I would never follow. Not my M.O. I like to be different and reach out and connect with users. I mean after all, what's a community site without communication right? XD I used to be very shy when i first started, but I grew very confident as an individual. I guess as a Soul Fighter, I learned a thing or two about conquering my inner demons. XD

The interesting thing about sketch works is that they often look more animated than the finished drawings for some reason. It's weird how that is. ^^
The sketches, I guess, shows a more raw expression, at it's core, before we apply the visual cosmetics of inking and coloring. And wow, I had no idea you also did animation. Very cool. ^^ I've wanted to learn animation and have started to, back in college, but long story short, just never had the means, convenience and know hows to do it. Drawing comics was about the closest thing to bringing a story to life as I can get for now. Great line drawings you did there. Keep up the great work. :)

I wish this site was a bit more active. It's a shame most users haven't seen your works or commented on them yet. As a fellow artist myself, I understand the sentiment. I should know, I used to get ghosted a lot by other fanfiction writers, as though I had the digital cooties or something. I never did understand that mentality, but that's one social media example I would never follow. Not my M.O. I like to be different and reach out and connect with users. I mean after all, what's a community site without communication right? XD I used to be very shy when i first started, but I grew very confident as an individual. I guess as a Soul Fighter, I learned a thing or two about conquering my inner demons. XD
thanks! my major is illustration, aside from a few things here and there from high school/early college i actually don’t animate very often its more of a side hobby. but that’ll probably change pretty soon bc as much as i’ve stalled and avoided it i do need a few animation classes as part of degree requirements and because a lot of jobs expect it as a skill. it’d be a lot easier if i had proper access/knowledge about digital programs but i’m kinda in the stone age doing everything on paper 😅

yeah it can be really discouraging to not get comments especially if its something you worked hard on but part of me just tries to take it as a mark of how much more i need to learn, practice and improve. 8wr isn’t perfect but overall even with lower engagement i think i’ve definitely had warmer reception on here than reddit.

Last edited:
thanks! my major is illustration, aside from a few things here and there from high school/early college i actually don’t animate very often its more of a side hobby. but that’ll probably change pretty soon bc as much as i’ve stalled and avoided it i do need a few animation classes as part of degree requirements and because a lot of jobs expect it as a skill. it’d be a lot easier if i had proper access/knowledge about digital programs but i’m kinda in the stone age doing everything on paper 😅

yeah it can be really discouraging to not get comments especially if its something you worked hard on but part of me just tries to take it as a mark of how much more i need to learn, practice and improve. 8wr isn’t perfect but overall even with lower engagement i think i’ve definitely had warmer reception on here than reddit.
Your very welcome. :)
It's ok. I'm in sail a similar boat too. I've been leaning towards traditional drawing too. I've had a history of "bad luck with technology". The sort that has me asking tech support, "I know it's user friendly but is it ME friendly?" LOL

I feel you. Every community site isn't perfect. I came back to 8WR, after years of being away mostly because I forgot I even had an account here. ^^;
I'm more active on Deviant Art. All of my art stuff can be found there. I still haven't figured out how I want to showcase my fan comic here yet. Stuff like adding titles and descriptions and even links to soundtrack that seems to go well with the action scenes and stuff. The format here is a bit different. ^^

recently learned it’s greek heritage month so this happened.

designers: paolo sebastian, mary katrantzou, dolce & gabbana, versace

Attachments

• 23BECC73-14A0-4FF5-A8E8-479368707AC1.jpeg
    23BECC73-14A0-4FF5-A8E8-479368707AC1.jpeg
    613.8 KB · Views: 96
Back