Naomi emulator finally downloadable.

ProfJamesJoynt

[08] Mercenary
It's finally here, an emulator for Naomi game, by the NullDC developers. Even better, Ponder, creator of GGPO, has apparently said that he may add this Naomi emu to GGPO if he gets the source of it. Of course you'd probably need a great computer to run it properly. As of right now this is a test version, it will probably be buggy, it's not very well optimised and it doesn't support joysticks yet. An official version is in the way at some point.

Download here: http://forums.ngemu.com/nulldc-discussion/110114-nulldc-1-0-3-released.html

Videos of it in action:

Now, there doesn't seem to be a hard-and-fast rules thread here but if this does break some rule then feel free to close this thread.

In general, emulators themselves are legal, just as a xerox machine or bit torrent is legal.

ROMs are not legal unless you ripped it from your own copy of the game, you only have one copy of the ROM, you don't share the ROM, and you still own the physical copy of the game.

hate to break your balls mudah but i believe Soul Calibur was a "system 12" game. Thats why Soul Calibur for dreamcast wasn't a direct port, and we have that intro movie which is nothing more than a tech demo

well the Dreamcast was based on the naomi so like 90% of the arcade ports on dreamcast were the naomi, so its common misconception.

and i checked wiki, it is system 12

All Namco games are done on the System series...

SC1 = System 12
SC2 = System 246
SC3AE = System 246
Tekken 2 = System 12
Tekken 3 = System 246
Tekken 4 = System 246
Tekken 5 = System 256

System 246 and 256 are based on Playstation2 architecture... which is why SC3 only came out on the PS2. Laziness from Namco, they didn't want to have to port the game over to two other systems, so they just left it on the core.

Dreamcast and Naomi FTW...

damnit, now you all got me thinking about the good old days when sega would come out with a kickass board like once every year....sega system 2 ftw

Well Sega has the Lindberg right now... and its said to be more powerful than the PS3.

they should do a current gen virtua racing just to show how far we have come. How awesome would that be

Even more good emulation news (kind of related since atomiswave is based off of naomi iirc) atomiswave is cracked, and the mame crew are testing it I think. The only Atomiswave game dumped right now is Hokuto no Ken (aka Fist of the North Star). The sets have been added to the newest version of MAME apparently but I dunno if it actually works or not.

Back