Natsu: 1.04

Not that you'd want to, she's 90% yomi and 1 whiff means you're 40% behind on life usually :D
About that... :P
Also, challenge players that play other characters too. Playing a bunch of mirrors will only take you so far. I use mirrors to see set ups I haven't seen before or creative combos I might use in the future.

Also, challenge players that play other characters too.
I used to go into the colosseo and accept every challenge. Where it gets tedious and not fun at all is when it's a siegfried, astaroth or nightmare that uses the same move that I can either punish or I can't, depending on distance I suppose it was. Been a while.
I'm sick of uphill battles. In MK, Jade's almost every fight is uphill and I feel like that with Natsu a lot of the time too.

Against Sieg just get in his face and spam A:6 every time his is in a stance. It will beat every option in every stance. He will have a difficult time getting you out of his face. Astaroth can't punish it either. NM can though with his 6K. But A:6 rapes slower characters, you can just throw it out and you'll either catch their step or interrupt something.

I used to go into the colosseo and accept every challenge. Where it gets tedious and not fun at all is when it's a siegfried, astaroth or nightmare that uses the same move that I can either punish or I can't, depending on distance I suppose it was. Been a while.
I'm sick of uphill battles. In MK, Jade's almost every fight is uphill and I feel like that with Natsu a lot of the time too.

^^ LOL ^^

Against Sieg just get in his face and spam A:6 every time his is in a stance. It will beat every option in every stance. He will have a difficult time getting you out of his face. Astaroth can't punish it either. NM can though with his 6K. But A:6 rapes slower characters, you can just throw it out and you'll either catch their step or interrupt something.
Yeah, thanks for that. I think it's her being apparently turtle free is what I need to overcome, first. Also to learn how to approach the opponent in this game, and I do input A:6 somewhat accurately about 70% of the time so I still have what to improve on. Shooting for highest possible amounts of successful jf inputs :D In training mode I've got it. In the heat of battle, not so much.

@Sp1d3r thx Itsy. I'll get you a new web for your b'day!

I'm not sure what you mean by turtle-free. If people block a lot, you have throws, you also have exorcism which catches a lot of people blocking, though it can be JG'd by better players. If they're just using "safe" moves and then blocking, be aware that Natsu can punish more stuff than anyone in the game with A:6. Characters that can block and punish fast and hard like the Pyrrhas are trouble, but just learn your moves and don't do anything unsafe against their stab unless you know it will hit.

Jade has 13 hit 27% combos, Natsu has beast damage, I don't see how these 2 can be compared.

FREE RED DJINN premium Supporters should not be banned for someone else's silly comment!!

Maybe Natsu just isn't for them? If you want to punish everything Natsu is a good choice but pushback gets you sometimes. Try Pyrrha? You get decent mixups, oki, great TC moves, and great punishment damage for doing an easy JF.

I have Shogun, KAB and Hawkeye himself. But it seems as though what has been said is true and they can't really explain what to do, all they can do is stomp me over and over to try and condition me to do the right thing. I'll definitely challenge them when I get back on my ps.
Problem: No high skilled player can be bothered to stomp a scrub too many times I'm sure.. I gotta get boring after a while. :D

And none of these guys can help you? Ask them for a critique on what you're doing wrong. I'm sure they can tell you. Is your problem applying offense since you seem to have difficulty "breaking" turtles? Nightmare and Siegfried are tough but very beatable with Natsu. Try to stay in their faces or get them to whiff so you can punish them. I'm not sure how to handle Astaroth properly but the best bet seems to be to also get in his face and try to pressure as safely as you can (Command throws, 6K, 6B and 6KK to a lesser extent are the moves to watch out for in close).

If it makes you feel better, I get kicked around a lot by people that don't *ahem* fall for my bomb spamming.

SoNG-Of-SiLeNCe said:
If I switch a character every time there is something missing from my fundamentals, I'll never learn.

This makes no sense. All characters have fundamentals (hence the term "fundamental"). Fundamentals are the core of SCV's (and fighting game's) combat. To practise fundamentals play Pyrrha, Patroklos or Mitsurugi. Also stop saying crap like "I'll never learn". It's kinda irritating.

Against Astaroth a lot of things Natsu does become even bigger frame traps than they already were. Sieg can't get you out of his face unless you really screw up. Don't know about NM though.

Natsu is actually one of Siegs toughest matchups, right after omega and alpha. She is the only one in the game that can punish his 3B, completely negating the mixup and has better tools to overcome spacing than most close range chars, add in good whiffpunishment and strong close-range pressure with high speed and you have a very good counterpick vs sieg.

Many natsu players have their problems with spacing though but its not the char.

Natsu is actually one of Siegs toughest matchups, right after omega and alpha. She is the only one in the game that can punish his 3B, completely negating the mixup and has better tools to overcome spacing than most close range chars, add in good whiffpunishment and strong close-range pressure with high speed and you have a very good counterpick vs sieg.

Many natsu players have their problems with spacing though but its not the char.

Only at point-blank range, surely?

Basically everywhere. At close range you can use AA or A:6 if you feel fancy and at mid range (=outside of his knee range) you could punish with your 66B (SCH A and SCH B are i18).

At tip range i would personally go for a back step though rather than risking a miss-input or incorrect spacing from my side and eating a SCH B though.

Got to pull you up here, sorry =(
Yoshi gets iMCF and a launch if he tries anything as well, a variety of characters can punish with CE and Cervantes aB trades with SCH K for 12 dmg. As for alpha, he can 214 delay 3a:B and it punishes all options for 70 dmg. Sit down Natsu.

You are correct. I rephrase myself and say she is the only one that can punish it that effortlessly, means without meter, trading or hitting something as difficult as JF twister or IMCF.

Back