Natsu Combo Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fleshmasher - For your NCs, WS B4A+B~A can lead into more hits, either a simple AA, or A:6, but I guess your saving it for advance combos.

Also, 66B4 WS B is a combo, I believe. She has better stuff, but its there if you teleport back without hit confirming.

And guys, I personally would never end a combo with CE, unless its off of a Bomb launch. She can get equivalent damage with no meter, I'd save that meter for BEs and GIs.

CH WS K 6A+B doesnt do anything for me, just a kick. What am I doing wrong
*UPDATE*

oh and here's an odd one that seems to be guarenteed.

CH WS K 6A+B 4A+B6 8B+G = 123 dmg
that's a little over half their life with 1 single CH WS K ... that's sad. Seems to be working flawlessly and I have the cpu on ALL GUARD after the first hit. it looks like the bomb won't hit but it does. just the CH WS K 6A+B 4A+B counts as a 5 hit combo. Please test to make sure I'm not losing it.

and if it IS legit then this just makes it worse...

CH WS K 6A+B 4A+B 236 236A+B+K4 66 8B+G = 166 dmg.... almost a full bar

I gotta have something wrong with my settings , no way this can be legit

got 119 dmg out of the first one and 162 dmg out of that last one. WTF. I have all guard, ukemi, AC on as well.
SOMEONE PLS TEST THIS ON A HUMAN

CH 22_88K 6A+B4 A:6 3KKK K2

CH 22_88K 66B BE 4A+B6(tech trap) 8B+G 184=monstrous damage

CH 22_88A AAB

Edit: I got the second one twice but it seems a bit inconsistent. Will have to test it more. I can't be due to a wall because I did it in the middle of the ring.

Edit2: it seems depending on which way your opponent tech rolls determines if you will realign for the air grab or not.
Reave, I'm trying the second one and I can't get the 66B to connect, thought the BE extension connects if they tech. Then of course they have to tech again for the 4A+B to hit. I get 145 dmg doing it this way. Maybe the 66B requires JF timing, or only works on certain chars

Reave, I'm trying the second one and I can't get the 66B to connect, thought the BE extension connects if they tech. Then of course they have to tech again for the 4A+B to hit. I get 145 dmg doing it this way. Maybe the 66B requires JF timing, or only works on certain chars
Well I try a lot of stuff out on Tira or Leixia since they seem to be the smallest characters to insure I can hit most of the cast with the combo.

That combo was done on Tira and the timing was pretty difficult. I try to do the 66B BE as soon as Natsu's second foot hits the ground. It should connect every time. I just got it 10x in a row.

Thanks, got it. Looks like the opponent can tech right to escape that one because of how the BE hit them. Great find. This is almost certain to get nerfed though. :(

I'm sure this is a combo that all of you guys know already, but since it has won me so many matches so far, I figured I should put it here anyway. Please forgive my utter failure with the combo notations of this game; I'm mostly a BB player. The combo does about 150 damage, and requires Natsu to have a wall to jump off of after the 3KKK for it to combo fully (otherwise you can just end it prematurely):

CH 22K, 6A+B, 4, PO A:6 (Just Frame A6), 3KKK, 44KK (wait for her to jump off of the wall for the extra kicks), 236236A+B+K

I'm sure this is a combo that all of you guys know already, but since it has won me so many matches so far, I figured I should put it here anyway. Please forgive my utter failure with the combo notations of this game; I'm mostly a BB player. The combo does about 150 damage, and requires Natsu to have a wall to jump off of after the 3KKK for it to combo fully (otherwise you can just end it prematurely):

CH 22K, 6A+B, 4, PO A:6 (Just Frame A6), 3KKK, 44KK (wait for her to jump off of the wall for the extra kicks), 236236A+B+K

you can add a WC A+B betweek 3KKK and 44KK. PO 8B WS K 6A+B4 A:6 3KKK FC 1A+B 44KK (wall bounce) 234234A+B+K for 164 dmg. I'm sure being a BB player means memorizing far more than this though :)

you can add a WC A+B betweek 3KKK and 44KK. PO 8B WS K 6A+B4 A:6 3KKK FC 1A+B 44KK (wall bounce) 234234A+B+K for 164 dmg. I'm sure being a BB player means memorizing far more than this though :)
Cool, thanks for that. Is WC A+B the one were she throws all of the metal stuff on the floor? ("Giving to the homeless" from what I've heard).

Also, I've wanted to learn her PO 8A/B combos, but I've been having a hard time finding a practical use for her PO Hover moves. What's a good way to land them on an opponent? I personally haven't found one yet.

Yup WC A+B is her caltrops thing, I'm actually liking it in SCV far more than IV since it crumple stuns even standing opponents on CH. PO 8A/B... just hover and drop? It's a... not so 50:50 mindgame - crouch eats PO 8B and blocks PO 8A, standing guard does vice versa, step eats 8A; but some players may anticipate and punish you for that (e.g. Cervy gun, Asty air grab etc) or just walk backwards if they have enough time. You could feint a PO2 to bait an attack then PO 8B, it works a fair bit

Well took my Natsu into hiding and found a nice damaging combo, requires a wall to do it.

3B (wall splat) A:6 (A6 will NOT work in this case, the H must whiff) 3KKK, 44KK (wall bounce) FC1 A+B, 1A. Gives about 130 damage or so, so total it's

3B, A:6, 3KKK, 44KK, FC1A, 1A = 130 damage

Another combo that is pretty damaging that I've seen works is (I apologize if it's been mentioned already)

PO 8B (Ah yes good ole hover B still puts out the sexy stun damage), WR K, 6A+B, P0 A:6, FC 1A+B, 1A. It does about 70-80 damage? The 1A can be switched for 4 A+B Po, or 2 A+B, or 2 A+B 6 depending on the type of player you are/situation of the match/positioning. So basically it's

Po 8B, WR K, 6 A+B, Po A:6, FC 1 A+B, 1A = Most damaging
Po 8B, WR K, 6 A+B, Po A:6, FC 1 A+B, 4 A+B Po = Po Shanigans (since PO tracks is UNBELIEVABLE on this game)
Po 8B, WR K, 6 A+B, Po A:6, FC 1 A+B, 2 A+B = Tech Trap
Po 8B, WR K, 6 A+B, Po A:6, FC 1 A+B, 2 A+B4 = Reset

Have fun with those kiddies, I'm going back into testing.

For damage, I've pretty much replaced combos that used airthrow, with A+B, FC A+B, 44KK. Use airthrow for ringouts, though, but the other ender does a bit more damage and looks nicer imo.

ie. 4A+B, CE4, PORC (PO 664) A+B, FC A+B, 44KK. 132 dmg.

Let's see what we can work with, without sticking with airthrow all the time..

-ASZ

CH 22_A , back throw(strict timing)
alternative u can use 22_A ,A+G~A+B+K the CE throw seems to work 100% for the back throw all the time while i misse some with the normal throw.
Also might work with normal 22_A , need to test it.

Actually what's the deal with the CE throw? Apart from slightly more damage is it unbreakable? The only reason I'm using it is cos it's becoming pretty obvious to break B-grab.

Actually what's the deal with the CE throw? Apart from slightly more damage is it unbreakable? The only reason I'm using it is cos it's becoming pretty obvious to break B-grab.
Has hella RO potential also think it has a bit more range or I could just be imagining that.

natsu's normal A throw does 38 dmg only, so there's less reason for opponents to break A unless you mix in BE throw.

combos:
(near wall) A6 A6 6A+B PO A:6 3KKK 44K FC1A+B 4A+B - 157 dmg
2A+B PO 8B+G

Maybe we should clear up the threads on where is combo and what is tech trap? Generally speaking, Nasu non-bomb tech trap are weak to teching to the right, and bombs are weak to laying on the ground or instant tech and jump.

WRB -> 4A+Ba can lead to more follows but opponent get full air control after 4A+Ba. You get nothing if your opponent tech to back-right or back-left.

3B -> A:6 seem to be the only follow up aside from A/2A, and JF is a must. Normal version will get blocked and you will be punished for it. But it give forward ring out so its worth a try at edge.

CH 22A -> 6A+B is not a combo. Neither is CH 22A-> throw. CH 22A give +i13 on hit. Anything slower than that will not hit.

22B ->BE 66B give next to no extra damage versus normal 66B, but it give you forward RO.

BE A+G give reverse RO.

A quick reminder you should always practice combo on yourself instead of the AI. AI is really bad at not eating combos even with proper settings.

A+B,2A+b, 4A+B/1A/44kk
A+B4,2A+B,4A+B~PO . if u hit at max range of A+B the combo will not connect.

jump A,2A+B,4A+B/1A/44kk

You can go from CH 4B to ring out or wall if near:
RO: CH 4B , 3B A:6
WALL: CH 4B , 3B, wall combo

thinkingofaname: u are right the CH 22_A , throw is escapable, but what happened was sth else , i was moving at the side or the enemy was attacking me with some kind of attack and the 22_A, throw was a back throw not a front.
so it is pretty random.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back