Natsu Movelist Discussion and Analysis (Pre-Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
is the 33/99 B like her previous straight running at you stab that would crumple the character like in sc2/3/4? or is it like 66 Ba?

Unfortunately 22_88A where she jumps sideway does not exist anymore. Instead she just steps aside and does a little side horizontal hook. Still has sidestep property, but the range is very short.
I don’t think Natsu has 33_99B anymore where she rushes – I think I tried it and nothing happened.
There are definitely more complex moves I noticed.
WR A is a short hook. WRB is 88_22B. WRK is cartwheel.

Unfortunately 22_88A where she jumps sideway does not exist anymore. Instead she just steps aside and does a little side horizontal hook. Still has sidestep property, but the range is very short.

bummer. Shan't complain too much though, Natsu sounds like she has a lot more PO transitions and moves than IV Taki. No oki game, best PO transitions (1BA PO, AB PO) interruptable by TC moves e.g. asty bullrush against people who know how to defend against her when playing a rushdown game, no low mindgame options from PO except hover A or PORC/SC 1K/A+B, generally no dangerous lows except jumpable bombs. /endrant. Love her to bits though

I don’t think Natsu has 33_99B anymore where she rushes – I think I tried it and nothing happened.
There are definitely more complex moves I noticed.
WR A is a short hook. WRB is 88_22B. WRK is cartwheel.
The 'new' 22_88B is still really good. CH makes them spin around for a nice mixup/frame adv.
33_99B is the same as 66B, SCIV's 33_99B doesn't exist anymore.
WR A is windroll into A6.
WR B gives you the "srk" (WR BBB). 22_88B is just 22_88B, I'm not getting it from WR?
WR K is k2 (cartwheel, yes).

Not sure how you're getting these moves you're describing.. are we playing the same game?

-ASZ

That move was my bread and butter and the way I made safe psuedo-mixup rushdown. How dreadful. How depressing.

Uh-oh. I did WR8 side windroll and right before she disappeared in rolling I pressed B and it came out like 88_22B. Then I pressed B late it just came out rising B from SCIV. This did not continue btw with the follow up B as in rising BB. Shiet, I may have input it wrong? I button mashed crazily trying to find out many things. I may have played the SCVI.
Yeah for 22_88B it is still 22_88B.
Btw, the knocked down A (7_8_9A) is still there so that’s good.
The one I missed is 1B or 3B. This can be confusing. Instead it’s 6AB which is the full motion of 3bA.
22_88A of IV doesn’t do it for me. Too easily punishable unless you know the distance to execute it and you expect the opponent to do verticals (harder to escape with 2288A for horizontal I think – Taki ducks for an instant before she floats to the side?)

New video... new shiiiiii @.@

At 0:44/2:10/3:12 they seem to do a B(k) PO and my oh my does it look pretty good.

Also check out the combo from 4B , 3KKK 1A at 0:48 mark.

I hate to keep spamming this thread but...
Here is a fresh new video from Kayane's youtube channel ( which has added tons of new footage in the past few hours from yesterday's prelaunch event ... tons of casuals and tons of tournament footage )

Anywho , I'm not sure what the command is but I wanted to point out a safe setup she kept using when she played Natsu.
In SCIV I would say the command is 4A+B , PO K ... it seems on block the follow up kick is safe and if the opponent tried anything they couldn't interrupt it =p I point this out , as I think it is something you can throw out to train your opponent to stand still... once they have been trained, that opens up more doors for some mixups that might just cause your foe to stand there like a deer in the headlights. Watch and to the pros , definitely give us your opinion. I've been out of the scene for way to long to say this is good or not. I'm going off of my gut feelings from SC2 days lol.

start watching at 10:31

Believe it or not, I actually used PO K a lot in SC4 (But I believe the input was PO 4K) in a similar fashion since it was safe, mid, and you couldn't punish it.

I'm really interested in what other strings will be go to in this iteration, particularly strings that lead into PO.

The backflip kick thing? It's PO 8K in IV, PO K was a fast kick that shakeable stuns on CH that is crouchable and is hence useless unless online. Did I just see a UB bomb cancel in that vid?

personally I wouldn't consider it useless just cause they can shake a stun... I'm making a point to train someone to not want to do anything cause they know they can't beat it, so later on in the match you switch out the K for something else for mixup and they sit there and take it cause they are expecting the K.

and yes that was a UB bomb cancel =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back