Natsu Movelist Discussion and Analysis (Pre-Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt there's a JF after WR A considering that u only press A but get the full A6 command.

True. That's pretty cool though. Good way to catch people off guard mixing it up with WR Grabs. A lot faster now from WR. Any other good new range moves she has? I've definitely been looking at footage, but wanting to know if I missed anything. I definitely can't wait for her PO brave edge though. Great match finisher if PO K still hits backwards.

A+B4 is safe. Wow. I'm going to love this. Alright, I think that's all the questions I have for now. Thank you so much! Now let's go win some tournaments. =D

Why does her A+G suplex grab do under 40 damage? The wakeup options must be noticeably superior, as the other B+G grab has 50+ damage.

A+G grab can be enhanced with Brave Edge then it does over 60 damage.
Edit: And A+G BE also does RO to Natsu's Back.

Jesus Tap Dancing Christ.

After reading all the changes/added I'm super excited to play Natsu. Her mix up is going to be unreal. Easy transitions into PO like SC2 Taki. Got Damn. I'm stoked. Only thing that saddens me is no PO A+B cancel =( but i'll live. The 66B into a retreat PO alone is an awesome spacing advantage. With this major overhaul she will be nuts. Can't wait to see the QQers over Natsu =)

This will be the first SC I will take serious since 2. If I can manage the time I'm going to wreck with this gal =p

Some of her Teleports are a new thing.
AA6 for example does not go into PO, it goes into Full Crouch. Like AAB in SCIV.
So AA can be followed with FC or WS moves quite fast.

I like what I am reading thus far. Sounds like she is going to have decent mix options. How is the damage though? SC2 Taki was High Risk for low damage. Sc3 Taki was Medium Risk and Medium damage. SC4 taki was just sort of zzzzz imo.

From what I can see (albeit I haven't been serious about Soul Calibur since 2) I think she is going to be a sleeper in the right hands. I think this version of "Taki"/Natsu will be her best in the series. Fast/Good Mix up/Good Spacing abilities, I can't wait to play this broad. I already have a really good feeling she's going to be NASTY.

My guess is Ninja Bomb into PO will be one of her better Transitions...

And if they get hit, they take 100 damage!!!!!!! (assuming u confirmed the bomb for the Air Grab)

Pretty gnarly damage at 4:20 mark.... I guess this confirms what you stated.

so there are two different kinds of stalker drops - one from the usual A+K B+G the other from PO? is there a damage difference and do you have a choice of which one to use in the first place depending on the kind of ninja bomb used?

Natsu feels different than Taki. Speed or buffer time may be different.

Lots of PO entries from 4 input (direction).
6AB4 8(B) I think is PO hover B in SC4
6AB4 8BK I think is stalker B from air – though I don’t find this useful as the attack is so far away.
6AB or 6AK – the second attack is pretty slow, don’t know if it can be interrupted.
Windroll is 6_8_2BK, otherwise stalker for BK – that means you can summersault only forward or with your back turned.
Fog blanket only happens when your back is turned I think (AB?)
UB bomb can be cancelled to PO (don’t know how).
Stalker K (from PO) tracks enemy range very well.
22_88 A is side horizontal attack – good for side stepping, like 99_33 B in SC4, but range is very short.
4B is my new favorite move – Natsu gives palm – very fast but short range.
I find nothing on AK button combo – I prolly haven’t tried everything.
Edit:
Now these are my guesses as I was button-mashing away with her.

oh yes 1 more question - does she still have 22_88A from IV? that's her best move apart from A:6 / 66B:A imo - TCs, TJs, sidestep abare, BT on hit, combos on CH

This is good to hear. Read through the thread and didn't see anything concerning a while jumping or while landing game... haha... I guess thats too much to ask for.

And where is Halister?

LOL halister. I remember me & him always arguing on SoulCalibur.com back in the day about Taki when the site was like this one. Good times , I hope he comes back. And yea , still no while landing moves , which is sad. I never understood the reason for getting rid of it in the first place.

Sc2 you could while landing A > 6Ka > 66K an opponents grab attempt.

Tentative Natsu movelist from (previous?) builds:

http://www14.atwiki.jp/soulcalibur_v/pages/19.html

Google translate it if you need, but it's not that hard to understand. Most of these are correct but some are wrong:

BB4A+B is the new SC4's AB4A+B series (you can BB4A+B6 PO, of course..)
236236A+B+K4 is CE into PO.
7_8_8KA not on the list.

BE:
A+B+K+G (A break)
33_66_99bA+B+K
PO A+B+K

I've done some pretty fancy combos, but will post them once I'm able to sit down with the game and make sure they're guaranteed. Hover B, WS K still works.. CH 4B (NH?) gives the same crumple stun as CH WS K so that opens up a lot of possibilities. Seems like the popular day 1 ender for CH WS K/CH 4B will be something similar to:

...6A+B4 PO, PO 6:A, 3KKK...

into: 44KK (looks sexy if you get the 2nd wall hit) or 1A or FC 1A+B or CE (does not relaunch) or 4A+B6 PO, PO oki (need to find something VS siderollers from PO).

Lot of options, lots of enders.. get fancy.

-ASZ

oh yes 1 more question - does she still have 22_88A from IV? that's her best move apart from A:6 / 66B:A imo - TCs, TJs, sidestep abare, BT on hit, combos on CH

I love this move. It's half of the reason why I can rush down so safely most of the time. lol

Edit: I see the move on the list, but don't know it's properties. Anybody with the early copies care to enlighten us? lol

Well... this is my second night with the game and I want to touch on a few things I have noticed in playing with actual people today. Im going to go through a list of attacks that have proven useful and will go over some things that are good/not so good. Overall Ill say Natsu is a really competitive character when compared against what little I knew of Taki in SC4.

a4 - (a) punishable on block. decent dmg for JF (42) spacing on hit allows for followup/mix up 6+b+k and b+k.

a,a - Safe on block I tested this against Leixia standing A which i assume to be pretty quick.

a,a 4 (feint) - Places Netsu in full crouch allowing her to do any WR moves and buffer into throw attempt (I recommend 66 B+G).

a,a,b - 5 hits only NC on CH. You can not hit confirm this string but the whole string seems to not be launch punishable at all with a fair amount of push back on block keeping you at a nice distance ( about 2 character spaces away).

6+a, b(k) - string a,b version is not a NC unless CH. I use this only to set up 6+a, k which knocks down right in front and can set up 2,a+b (ublk).

I have to go but ill be back with more stuff. Thanks for your patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back