Natsu Questions And Answers / General Discussion

What are good circumstances to use 41236B?

I don't mind if they are noob-killer situations seeing as my offline buddies never see me use it outside of cancels.

(I am talking situations like Raphael doing 66A+B A/B 44A+B. Not true combos, just traps.)

I don't mind if they are noob-killer situations seeing as my offline buddies never see be use it outside of cancels.

(I am talking situations like Raphael doing 66A+B A/B 44A+B. Not true combos, just traps.)
After a bomb hit would be my suggestion.

I don't mind if they are noob-killer situations seeing as my offline buddies never see be use it outside of cancels.

Well Natsu's main linear UB attack is guaranteed after an UB bomb (if done right away) though damage scaling brings it down to about the same damage as a standard Haunted Drop (PO~8B+G). It's tricky to find any situations to use it being completely linear and all, but the fact that it hits grounded is its most useful feature. I tend to use it when I have my opponent in a corner and I just did a move that disorients them after a KD such as BK or BBK. To top it off, if they stand up, they get launched with potential wall splat and RO capabilities.

Reave's suggestion is the safest choice though for 41236B.

Awesome, thanks for the help.

I find being flashy a genuine tool in matches, it can make even seasoned players back up the smallest bit. The UB is my new go-to, if I don't have CE or a ring-edge, after I do a UB bomb thanks to you two.

Is there somekind of special trick to Natsu's Combo 4 (in the Move List), where you need to do 22B and then Brave Edge 66B? I can't get the 66B to Brave Edge even though Training mode shows that I am doing the correct input for a Brave Edge version.

@UnseenWombat I did mention that I was trying it in Training mode. I have tried so many times, but I just get a regular 66B.

Btw, I am watching videos of you playing in order to learn Soul Calibur V and Natsu, you rock.

To do Natsu's stock Combo 4:

Input 22B~then buffer 66B then tap A+B+K immediately after 66B. Basically, treat 22B+66B BE as a singular input. Should work if you have the half a bar of meter.

This is irritating, I can do the other 4 combos in the move list but not that one. I have tried to input the 66B BE with all kinds of different timings after 22B but it never comes out, I wonder how I will solve this. It seems like one of the most useful combos.

This is irritating, I can do the other 4 combos in the move list but not that one. I have tried to input the 66B BE with all kinds of different timings after 22B but it never comes out, I wonder how I will solve this. It seems like one of the most useful combos.
Do you have an A+B+K button?

Btw, I am watching videos of you playing in order to learn Soul Calibur V and Natsu, you rock.
Well there's your problem lol. Just ask Sp1d3r or CKshockstorm about how much I don't rock lately.

Are you playing on pad or a stick? IDK if it matters, but maybe you're hitting the ABK before the B? After the 22B, when the opponent is at about the top of the launched height, do 66B and then immediately press ABK. I'm sorry that I don't see how anyone could have a problem with it, so I'm not sure how to better explain it.

Once I discovered that the 66B BE connected if you inputed it immediately after the 22B launch animation had completed, it basically hits everytime. If you buffer 66B BE too early, your input may not get processed. If you do it too late, you'll drop the combo. On the bright side, if you can get 22B~66B, you'll get some OKish damage and 66B against an airborne target Rings Out pretty far away (not quite Pyrrha's Ass far though...).

You say that 66B BE comes out fine when you do it independent of the combo. Why would it not work in Combo 4? Walk us through your method for performing the combo. Here's what I do I tap 2 2 B, then slightly buffer 6 6 B, then slap on that A+B+K with my right index finger right after the "B". Works like clockwork!

Like Reave said, "It will come out 100 [percent] of the time".

Out of curiousity, try to hit this combo 11K~66B BE. Let me know if it works.

Well there's your problem lol. Just ask Sp1d3r or CKshockstorm about how much I don't rock lately.

Are you playing on pad or a stick? IDK if it matters, but maybe you're hitting the ABK before the B? After the 22B, when the opponent is at about the top of the launched height, do 66B and then immediately press ABK. I'm sorry that I don't see how anyone could have a problem with it, so I'm not sure how to better explain it.

Aw, don't be so modest. I have only seen one other Natsu in a competitive game (Dinozsc) and he seemed to be a bit better than you, but you are still good.

I am playing with a Hori Fighting Commander 3 Pro pad for the PS3.

Out of curiousity, try to hit this combo 11K~66B BE. Let me know if it works.

Nope, can't do that, same as with 22B 66B BE.

I made a video of me trying to do the combo with all sorts of different timings on the 66B BE, watch this and tell me what is wrong:

Your problem is you are doing it too fast so you are getting 6B or 6A. Wait til Natsu fully sheathes her swords before you input 66B A+B+K.

Contrary to popular belief you don't have to do everything as fast as possible to pull of combos. You just need to do it as early as your character returns back to the neutral position. Same would apply to 11K, 66B BE combo.

Your problem is you are doing it too fast so you are getting 6B or 6A. Wait til Natsu fully sheathes her swords before you input 66B A+B+K.

Contrary to popular belief you don't have to do everything as fast as possible to pull of combos. You just need to do it as early as your character returns back to the neutral position. Same would apply to 11K, 66B BE combo.

In that video you see me doing it both fast and slow, many different timings.

Back