Natsu Questions And Answers / General Discussion

IdleMind

BANNED FOREVER
Welcome to the Natsu forum Q&A/General Discussion thread!​

This is the place to discuss/ask about anything related to Natsu gameplay (combos, frame data, etc...).​
Everything except story talk (go here for that) is fair game here.​

Hmm, what were Taki's main strengths and weaknesses in SCIV? At the moment, I'm thinking I'll probably main Natsu.

Strengths in SC4
Fast
Able to punish moves that other Characters Couldnt
6B
GOOD soul gauge damage

Weakness in SC4
LACK OF DAMAGE 8(
Range
Had to chase down ppl who turtle
PO mixups where easy to avoid
No ground game (for ppl that like to play dead)
And did i mention LACK OF DAMAGE!

Taki is a character based on forcing your opponent to make more decisions, which usually leads to bad decisisons.

PO stance on paper is not that great. Its only after you "train" your opponent to expect certain things and react a certain way, that you can use PO and her other stances to their full potential.

DMG went down for Taki in a big way SC4, as did her wakeup game. This is why she was considered low tier, although she could very well compete. Hopefully Natsu has a better chance. Regardless Imma still be calling her Taki.

Ok I have SCV and I am kind of trying to figure out where to go from here since I havent played a soul calibur game since SC4 launched.

I need to know what pokes are good/safe.
high dmg combos/resets.
moves that might not be listed in manual such as just frames or situational cancels for instance if she can go into stance from any of her normals etc.

I can test anything you guys need, but in return I need some good Taki... umm Natsu information.

p.s so far she has one transition thats a little confusing she can do a,a~f into some sort of a teleport forward. It does not allow you to do any of her possesion stance attacks and seems to recover even or a little later than the opponent even on hit. I would like to incorporate this since its done off of a,a string but for now it seems worthless.

Thanks In Advance.

While I generally condone learning the old fashioned way, I don't mind offering a little bit of help. What you are likely referring to on the teleport forward is her crouch "stance". Supposedly how it works now is with Natsu you can do AA6 and she'll teleport forward and apparently be in FC. There's more than just that move that does it, however. There's a couple moves that I know go into PO, but other than that, training mode is probably your best bet since most of us don't have the game.

While I generally condone learning the old fashioned way, I don't mind offering a little bit of help. What you are likely referring to on the teleport forward is her crouch "stance". Supposedly how it works now is with Natsu you can do AA6 and she'll teleport forward and apparently be in FC. There's more than just that move that does it, however. There's a couple moves that I know go into PO, but other than that, training mode is probably your best bet since most of us don't have the game.

I understand but it seems like the teleport has a recovery that does not allow for you to do anything else. Thats where the confusing part is.

I understand but it seems like the teleport has a recovery that does not allow for you to do anything else. Thats where the confusing part is.

Really? No moves post 6 or anything? That's so strange. I'll have to play with it when I get it. Figure out just what's going on. That's too weird to be put in the game jut like that. There has to be a reason for the FC stance.

Her AA can also be transitioned into stabs (AAB). I was kind of messing around with it a bit, and the stabs are a nice way to keep people honest when once you condition them into thinking you'll POS. Once they start to assume you'll just transition into AA6 and try to per-emptively poke you out of it, B is a very nice follow up.

Also, I have a question(s) or something I'd like you to test out.

Her 4B is pretty godlike as it causes a knockdown on ANY hit. Can you possibly see:

1) How fast it is?
2) Is it safe?
3) Experiment with some follow ups after the knockdown.

That would be splendid. Thanks :)

CH 4B gives the same (crumple/dos?) stun as CH WS K. Not sure if 4B on NH gives the same crumple, but I was able to do CH WS K combos just fine.

CH 4B:

6A+B4 PO, PO A:6... (3KKK, 44K_1A_FC1A+B_CE...)
6A+B4 PO, PO B+K looks like an old school SC2 combo.

-ASZ

Hm. Seeing all this about AA leads me to wonder if it was actually true that an AA4 is actually in the game, to go to PO from AA. Can anyone conform this? Hawkeye said yes, but it's not even on the sheet. Curious.

Hm. Seeing all this about AA leads me to wonder if it was actually true that an AA4 is actually in the game, to go to PO from AA. Can anyone conform this? Hawkeye said yes, but it's not even on the sheet. Curious.

From what I recall, I believe AA6 is the only POS you can do.

However, theres 33AB4...it's pretty solid as it tracks and you can hit confirm into B...or you can 4 POS going backwards even DURING the animation of B.

Back