Natsu Videos Thread

Uploaded more natsu vids: http://www.youtube.com/user/HeartNana4L
There's also a few vids in the Pyrrha section against a natsu player. He was pretty good, so if you're having trouble against a good pyrrha, you should check out how he plays.
Nana, your Natsu vids are great. How tricky would you say the timing is on the PO A6 you put in your CH combos?

At first it was kind of annoying, but it's not too bad. It only gets hard when the opponent is lagging. If i'm at a nice smooth 5 bar connection like usual, then it's not really too much of an issue, and i hit it most of the time.

Hi kab! :D

Browsing through the Singapore casuals stream. Here's a vid of higher level Opyrrha vs Natsu gameplay. Ignoring the accent of the commentary, it's a fun match to watch even though it's not in Natsu's favor.

Not my video, but comments on this? The Natsu was basically getting murdered by a combination of AA, BB, 66B, DNS B, 1K, 2K and 33K. It looks pretty difficult to penetrate through a solid Opyrrha's defenses who punishes everything - without being stabbed more holes than swiss cheese in the process. Maybe being gimmicky is the way to go...

3:06 3 stabs = dead Natsu

@Afrofrog Sieg is a 50:50 character, guess wrong and eat damage, guess right and he is actually really unsafe. Most of his different hold attacks are -17 and above on block, giving you a free (CH) 6A+B4 follow up, iWS K or 66B. Just be patient and look for an opening I guess. I can't advise you much more than that though because I usually end up on the wrong side of a 50:50 ^_^

man fuck Shen Yuan's "famous 2K"

I know , no one here wants to really jump on this wagon but I'm sticking to my guns.

A GOOD Opyrrha should be an AUTO WIN against Natsu. The bitch can just spam random shit and win. (AND BY GOOD I mean top players not every douche bag who bought the collector's edition of the game)

- spam 2K/2A force players to duck
- if they won't duck , spam BB/AA/236B accordingly til you burst guard (it is amazing how fast she burst guard & build meter)
- insert other random moves to fill gap
- rinse repeat

Natsu can use 22A/B and BB , that's about as safe as it gets. You can use the "fastest AA" in the game but Opyrrha's 3B TC's that and rapes you.

Everyone is going to have a "gameplan" for this hoe but I can assure you give this game a few months and you will always see Opyrrha in top of most tournaments. She is STUPID SAFE/FAST with a punisher from hell. I mean her play style has always been good throughout the series but she is a monster in V. Take that as the gospel.

I wouldn't say that she's an auto-win against Natsu but it's certainly not a good matchup for sure. NS B = i14, -16 on block. DNS B = i15, -14 on block. Her BB knocks you out of most PO options, -6 on block. 66B knocks you out of Hover, -2 on block (!). 1K = -16 on block. Punishment... I don't know much flashy stuff that you can do vs her NS/DNS B apart from a free 3KK or A:6 on block, 6A+B4 follow-up if they decide to be funny and try to attack after. 66B can be stepped if anticipated. 1K is punishable on block. She has like a buttload of options against Natsu though, so I think all we can do is strong defensive/gimmicky play. Longer range characters who don't rely on rushing her down should fare better. I haven't successfully played any good Pyrrhas recently without having a flashing health bar though. Bloody 66B/DNS B.

I've always been having problems against Sophi in the past due to my stupid, senseless rushdowns, so she isn't too much different in that respect (except that her DNS B hits. HARD). Btw, you can air grab her UB if she randomly throws it, or A+B FC A+B 1A

Just a little something off the wall. 18 Hits | 172 DMG

Life bar meter resets, combo does not. Have done in match, lots of damage. Can probably do more off the wall, just something quick before I leave the house. Will try out some more when home.

Just a little something off the wall. 18 Hits | 172 DMG

Life bar meter resets, combo does not. Have done in match, lots of damage. Can probably do more off the wall, just something quick before I leave the house. Will try out some more when home.
Try it with movement 2 set to guard all. I don't know for sure, but I have a feeling that CE won't connect.

@Yama 22B starter > W! > A:6 > W! > 6A+B4 etc does max dmg on that.
@Unseen It should, but the damage is inconsistent (depending on how many "beams" hit). Character and position dependent.
Just extracted this from one of my vids. Combo + techtrap = fubar fullbar.
Pretty sure people know about this already though, I've been doing this for the past couple of weeks and so have others.

anyone notice that 9A is high instead of mid like the guide and training mode seem to indicate?
It's still mid, but the hit box whiffs quite a bit. It's far more reliable at around tip range. It was like this in 4 as well.

Boogieman - I don't care who the opponent plays, I'm not an "auto-win" for anyone, and I think most decent natsu players feel that way. If you feel like it's an auto-loss then it's not the character, most likely, its your personal inability to deal with that character.

Boogieman - I don't care who the opponent plays, I'm not an "auto-win" for anyone, and I think most decent natsu players feel that way. If you feel like it's an auto-loss then it's not the character, most likely, its your personal inability to deal with that character.
Except for playing vs phyrra.

I agree, it could just be that I'm not that good, but I have just as much trouble against other characters when they're handled by a good player. Specifically Alpha Pat is insane with all his JF's. The Pyrrha's are tough too, but I don't think they're that much worse.

You're doing something wrong if you lose every single match you play when you play against a Pyrrha.

I'm wording it wrong.... THEORITICALLY a solid Opyrrha player on paper should win against Natsu... It is not a good match up at all for Natsu. I think it is easily one of her hardest. I beat plenty of Opyrrha players , even good ones but they are extremely hard. But i do believe Natsu should lose to this match up quite a bit... Like i said , no one is on this wagon yet but everyone will come around soon. I'm not the best player around but i have fighting experience and knowledge that goes back 8+ years and I can assure you Opyrrha>Natsu...

floE , a long time Taki player. Definitely tournament worthy player vs a Pyrrha player at Winter Brawl... Get used to seeing Natsu look like this a lot versus Pyrrha or Omega... BELIEVE it.

Here is a first to ten match set against a good friend of mine http://www.twitch.tv/willvolution/b/309383211. I started with my main ivy but just couldn't figure out a safe way to attack his Pyrrha with Ivy so i switched over to Natsu which i recently picked up. I was droping combos in the first couple matches but eventually started to get the just frame in combos to work i still need more work on it. I think i need to sidestep alot more its something i don't do much. My friend Will does a live stream every tuesday around 10pm eastern. He does alot for the fighting game community and hosts local tournaments throughout the year.

will is a good friend of mine and ive known him for over 10 years now, glad to see he's still keeping the scene alive down there. when i started playing SC2 there was absolutely NOBODY playing in west palm, like 3 of us total.

@Boogie: I don't know if it was nerves, or simply Pyrrha's stupid pressure of kicks/quick attacks; but he seemed to heavily rely on AAB as a means to push Pyrrha away, and seemed very stiff. Do any other Natsu players here do the same? I always thought you had to be putting the pressure on offensively and with mixups against Pyrrha/Omega. Could just be the quality of opponents I play, but I find more success to keep moving and use 6A+B and A+B to get the CH combos.

will is a good friend of mine and ive known him for over 10 years now, glad to see he's still keeping the scene alive down there. when i started playing SC2 there was absolutely NOBODY playing in west palm, like 3 of us total.

yeah the scene down here is barly alive but Will does what he can to help keep it alive. I forgot to mention there is also a first to 10 of me vs Astaroth played by Ceo of Darkness in that same vid.

@Boogie: I don't know if it was nerves, or simply Pyrrha's stupid pressure of kicks/quick attacks; but he seemed to heavily rely on AAB as a means to push Pyrrha away, and seemed very stiff. Do any other Natsu players here do the same? I always thought you had to be putting the pressure on offensively and with mixups against Pyrrha/Omega. Could just be the quality of opponents I play, but I find more success to keep moving and use 6A+B and A+B to get the CH combos.

On characters like Sieg and NM, yes. On experienced Opyrrha, no. 66B BE on block/TC, 6A+B4 on block gives her a free DNS B, 83 dmg, A+B on block, free BB. Play safe, only rush on oki. WSK to fish for CH combos

Back