Natsu Videos Thread

@UnseenWombat: I think a bunch of these videos are taken from the ingame replay video output feature. Great feature, but only does online stuff... Wish it does offline... Just go to the replay menu, save the replay to your hard drive, then choose the option to "output movie" (start button on the PS3). The resulting video will be a low def mp4 that you can export through thumbdrive/USB cable.

The other videos (like practice mode videos and offline matches) were probably done with a video capture card/setup...

^You can actually upload the videos using the PS3 video editor feature instead of having to transfer it through to your desktop/laptop. Wish they had that same feature for offline games too though, it's almost like they concentrated so much on online play that they forgot to put it there.

What do you guys use to record your videos? I've thought of posting a video, but I don't know the first thing about doing it.
I use a device called a Happauge HD PVR(not sure 100% on the spelling but yea) u connect the component cables to and from you PS3/360 to the PVR and then from the TV to ur PVR and a USB connects to your computer. Then you need recording and editing software. Then boom upload. I recorded those videos live, but they can be used from the replay to record. If ur still confused just lemme know.

Here's a couple of good Ranked Matches from earlier today. Ran into one of the top Rapheal players & Hlide players today. Big props to Nika_Edelweiss (Raph) and HiguraShiki (Hlide) for the good competition today.

Hello there, I just got Soul Calibur 5 a few days ago and instantly started trying to learn how to play Natsu. I was wondering if anyone could be any tips on my gameplay. Also I have a tendency to hold the directional buttons causing me to go into PO when i don't mean to >_>.

I have a singular video up of me playing Natsu up on YouTube ... youtube.com/ImperiumMike should bring up the list of videos.

@@@@Everyone read after my bit with Dante@@@@

@ Dante710

I'm not much on giving advice because I do not think I'm qualified enough to really say anything. However in my opinion, I would say you need to learn to see when you can follow through with B after you connect AA successfully, that's free damage you are just giving away. That and you seem to be all over the place but I think that's because you are still new =P

A lot of the things you do now as you progress will change as you learn the game more so that's one more reason I really can't say what you should do/change. DEFINITELY learn to space , as you go along , it is a major advantage to space properly in this game. When you space you capitalize on your opponent's mistakes/whiffs and punish them. Especially, if you have meter and can do 33/66/99 Ba+b+k FC 2A+B 2A+b/4A+B6 for a setup.

Other than that. Keep enjoying your game =)

****REAL TALK****
OK on a more serious note to all the pros AND noobs... I have to ask one question... When you run into a good Pyrrha/Omega player, do you feel as if the match is almost already over? Cause that's how I feel. I'm REALLY beginning to think Pyrrha/Omega is or should be an AUTO WIN against a Natsu player.. And it seems EFFORTLESSLY.. I'm really not trying to "bitch" but I am questioning this bitch character up and down. The video below is of me vs ROTHION- (look him up if you are on PS3)... this goon has over 770+ wins... And watch how he plays... FFS I don't mean to be over the top but it looks like he LITERALLY is just rolling his face across whatever stick/gamepad device he uses... There is no rhyme or reason to anything he does.. Just spam quick As , a couple quick Bs, and a few quick 2Bs and etc... and it keeps you locked down through the entire match and limits you to roughly 3 moves max that are SOME WHAT safe against them... I honestly and whole-heatedly do not think this guy is THAT great. I'm not totally knocking him though. Obviously, he knows what he is doing but this is just stupid and this is pretty much how every last Pyrrha/Omega player plays... SPAM CITY. in the beginning of this game everyone was quick to jump on Natsu claiming she needed a NERF which I do agree she still needs a damage nerf on her air throw but that's about it but I'm really starting to think this character(s) need a slight speed nerf.

Maybe I'm just butt hurt about how hard it is to play against every last one of these people but surely I'm not alone. Something isn't right and I will guarantee you once an actual tier chart comes out (if it hasn't already) that she(them) will be top easy.

I really want to stress that I don't mind a character being a hard match up for me , not in the slightest. And losing isn't the end of the world for me, it's just a game but I feel if there was to ever be a patch , which I doubt, I feel a slight speed nerf should be put upon her, no damage nerf she is fine there...

PLEASE , everyone give me your thoughts. Be honest. BE BRUTALLY honest... and give me your input. VIDEO BELOW
and yes she has a giant dick attached to her lol.

I uploaded more vids!
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL007242D8218BFFBC

Boogieman - I don't really get the point you're trying to make? All i saw when watching that video was you not being able to complete like, any combos. All you did was hit him with stuff on CH (which should go into about 45% - 50% life plus wakeups) and plenty of 2A+B, yet you didnt do anything off of like, any of your hits. The reason you might be having problems against those characters might just be because you're not playing Natsu correctly, imo.

Thanks Boogie, i see what you mean and I've been practicing, though i am having a hard time doing 33/66/99 Ba+b+k online but that may be mostly because of lag.

Also when it comes to Soul Calibur I am entirely new when it comes to actually trying to learn a character, only ever played past games with friends and such and that was rare XD.

@ HeartNana ... thank you... for your input. I'm not about to go and explain every last dropped combo but that's not the problem. The problem I'm trying to show is her ease of use VS me/Natsu. But thank you for your input.

@boogieman: I never go into any match thinking it's almost over (in my or the opponent's favor). That's not a state of mind I want when playing competitively.

That said, there really is no reason for blind spamming to be effective against Natsu. Any negative frames on their account that allows your WS K to come out faster than the already fast i14-ish should be respected. I reckon you'd be singing a different song if you snuck in a few iWS Ks during that particular match against Rothion. While WS K can be baited and stepped, the ensuing adaptation and meta is what fighting games are about.

Step back and analyze the situation... I know third party spectators see things differently than those performing in the matches in real time but you weren't actually getting locked down by any particular attack string pattern Rothion was using (I can only go by that one vid you provided). You actually connect with quite a number of combo starters that would've served to end the match sooner and in your favor. Every single poke Rothion was doing is -5 and beyond on block. This makes your 6A+B an ~i11 that TCs their AA. Same thing applies to seasoned Greek players (or any character user, really): there really is no reason for them to disrespect your combo starters... That's easy meterless damage for you. They'd counter them with their own tools, not blindly spam into damage. Again... adaptation is key.

From watching that video Boogie, it seems that the guy is just mashing and if that is the case, then you need to take advantage of that, it looks like it was a hard match for you, because you were not playing a scrub like they were a scrub. hit them with bb, and then since repeat bb over and over again if they are going to keep mashing. Don't always respect your opponent if they do not deserve it.

Thanks for all your input I guess it is just me. I'll live with that. I still find it rather odd even if he's "mashing" that it be such a hard match up. This guy isn't just some E rank scrub. That's what I don't get. He plays like a f**king clown. And I'm having to over think for that. What sense does that make? But again I'll take your answers guys/ladies to heart and just try your strats out.

I just get tired of having great epic battles with top notch players to brain fart on garbage players that don't make sense to me at the time. *sigh*

I honestly hate how CE were added. SCIV started everything with CF. I mean its fine but at the same time u get ppl that will spam that shit. That last round i knew b4 even watching it that ur opponent was gonna do a CE. Some ppl think this game is like MVC3 or UMVC3 where meter is everything. Meter plays a good role here but i dont know i find it annoying at times.
@Boogleman I have problems with them. I think they are way too cheap. I mean im still new to using Natsu, but i have problems with them.

I also want to ask you pro players a question. As you all know and as i stated when i joined this forum that i am new to using Natsu. I uploaded a few quick battle offline videos just for fun and i get this one guy coming in out of nowhere bashing at me because i didnt space properly, specific combos to input etc. I mean is there like no sympathy for new ppl. I mean seriously everyone starts out somewhere. Ill be running some online sets soon in the next couple of days when i finish my final exams. I just wanted to throw it out like that and he recommended i watch FrizFriz, Boogleman and HeartNana's videos which i am well aware of and watch.

Back