Natsu Videos Thread

Everybody is like, omg I jump teh bawmb.
Sure if you anticipate it. Natsu was supposed to mix you up so bad that you have the exact same chance to eat a bomb dive drop as you have any other move.
50%.
Myep!

Wait.....you mean mix you up so bad that you eat bombs? I don't think Natsu could ever mix-up anyone that often in a reaction basis with mids and lows, it's just too slow. You can catch opponents off guard though, and this I have seen hella times (and have done hella times myself).

Reguardless I was just playin cause that rush down Taki was bombing so much relying on that bomb damage. THIS NOT ONLINE SCIV SON, THAT SHITS DON'T WORK! I have the MVP to the second Taki I seen in the vids, minus the 3KKK over and over and over, they did pretty good.....just not so much 3KKK's.

Do those taki videos work for learning Natsu by the way? Or is she too different?

Well so far, the only thing that I see carrying over is the idea I was gonna post about A:6, 33K option, and 4A option. 6B is still very crucial but not so much as the vertical punisher to go too unless you going for strings on advantage (which I find myself doing)

Seeing as 4A does more damage it's an amazing closer to win a round for a low. It's also safer on block too it seems.

Bombs aren't as safe so my bomb section would've been unlikely to carry over.

Well so far, the only thing that I see carrying over is the idea I was gonna post about A:6, 33K option, and 4A option. 6B is still very crucial but not so much as the vertical punisher to go too unless you going for strings on advantage (which I find myself doing)

Seeing as 4A does more damage it's an amazing closer to win a round for a low. It's also safer on block too it seems.

Bombs aren't as safe so my bomb section would've been unlikely to carry over.
Maybe once a few patches came through you could make a Natsu vid too?

is it a conflict with me using a mac or is it something else, but does anyone else have problems with twitchtv loading up so got damn slow? it is ridiculously annoying my connection/speed is amazing so I don't understand the hold up.

fleshmasher: i'd add iWS K to your game, and replace A+B 1A with A+B poison dart 44K instead (or A+B CE if you have the meter).

against omega you kinda just have to make your way in slowly; she has DNS A/B but you have A+B and 33B (33B mixups are useful UNTIL she has a bar, in which case she can punish you with her CE regardless of whether you go into PO). iWS K is useful as well if her approach gets too obvious.

Maybe once a few patches came through you could make a Natsu vid too?

I sure was but I wouldn't start development of it until about the end of there year, that should be more than enough research for Natsu. It seems also that the pro players have found out that Natsu isn't as great, just as I been saying. She's a bunch of gimmicks and once you figure them out, then she's like the other characters.....but has no reach. Mainly because ducking her more reliable moves put her at disadvantage. At least they did give her 66B to compensate for that though, thank goodness!

But that Pyrrha Omega on your team is god-like.

That's daGotth, multiple and actual German champion who luckily lives in my city so i can spar with him and his Brother and Sister, Jag and Kerrigan.

We weren't actually team Germany but rather national team of Hamburg City lol.

@ TaXi: Thanks for the hints ^^
But i still think A+B, FC 2A+B is techable in some circumstances, maybe i'm just doing it wrong but i have the feeling it's not 100 reliable like 1A, have to test this again.

I sure was but I wouldn't start development of it until about the end of there year, that should be more than enough research for Natsu. It seems also that the pro players have found out that Natsu isn't as great, just as I been saying. She's a bunch of gimmicks and once you figure them out, then she's like the other characters.....but has no reach. Mainly because ducking her more reliable moves put her at disadvantage. At least they did give her 66B to compensate for that though, thank goodness!
Definitely need to play her right to be truly destructive with her. :)
I'm keeping in touch with several people who I believe are among the best, such as Tokyo, Friz, Okami and ASZ... I'll likely pester you with some stupid questions too ^_^

Not that I preach the religion of tiers, but all the release tiers found put Natsu at S or A rank. So I don't think she's terrible, but I do feel limited by moves sometimes when people actually know how to punish.

Natsu is perfectly balanced and very powerful in the right hands in my humble opinion. Need tight execution and proper understanding of risk/reward and her mixups to win with her against an opponent of your own level. She doesn't need to make guesses herself, she's the one who forces the opponent to make constant risky choices imo

people say range is an issue with natsu, but with A+B, 22B, and 6B for long range punishing i'm not that concerned.

the real issue is a lack of threatening lows to get people to open up, and a disproportionate throw game due to the fact that B throws are better than A throws in overall damage.

most of her dmg will come from CH, but 2K can help to break down turtles.

fleshmasher: I'm pretty sure it isn't... and you need that additional dmg to make opponents respect A+B.

most of her dmg will come from CH, but 2K can help to break down turtles.

fleshmasher: I'm pretty sure it isn't... and you need that additional dmg to make opponents respect A+B.

I am almost positive that FC A+B is guaranteed after A+B, even at max distance.

Fleshmaster, some initial comments watching the video:
-I saw a lot of 1A. You may have just been guessing they'd go high, but it seemed kind of risky. Luckily they didn't ever block it on reaction for some reason.
-I feel like you could have varied your game up a bit more in the situations where you had a life lead and were at even frames. By vary, I mean lay off the rushdown on occasion and back stepping to go for a whiff to punish with A+B/66B.
-I felt you could have gone for more 6A+B attempts to punish backstep or fish for CH. Using meter you can make it effectively safe with PO BE and the occasional BT PO K on a whiffed punish attempt. You may just prefer going for safer CH's with WS K though and saving meter for BE A throws. This is more of a personal preference though I suppose.

That's just my opinion though, let me know if you guys vehemently disagree with me :P

Back