Natsu's top 10 moves

10th: WRK - bnb starter, has to be top
9th: A+B - tj punisher in your face
8th: 6A+B4 - bnb link and good vs certain characters who like to rushdown such as Raph
7th: 4A+B6 - pressure tool, even good players tend to fall into the trap a few times.
6th: PO A - mixup for...
5th: PO B - dat guardcrush
4th: PO A:6 - bnb link, good against people who like to let go of blk after you teach them that you are likely to PO A
3rd: HOV B - bnb starter, has to be top
2nd: A:6 - RAAAAH!!
1st: 66B - OYSTER!!!

in no particular order:

6a+b4 : Fast move, combo filler, ends in PO
WRa: Without the other 2 fillers, this is one of my ultimate attack for WR offense. It tracks right, a mixup between WR a and WRa,a (second high), not sure about the block/hit/startup frames .
2a: A panic move to use in most situations.
a,a,b: Safe, i10, good damage on CH.
66b4: has good range, can be cancelled into PO for some more mixups.
4a+b,a : launcher, safe when A is done, tech trapper
PO 2: Pressure-ific.
b,k (hold)

My list of favorite moves, in order of usage:
A:6 - bestest move in the game :')
66B - self-explanatory
PO BE into BT PO K - only thing that keeps people from hitting my face in PO transitions, although it takes many, many matches to properly train someone to stop mashing buttons
iWS K - can't help but hoping for that CH once in a while
1/2K - for every time I don't know what to do xD
6K<A - there's something hypnotic about this move, the delayed A will sometimes hit 4 times in a row(!) against people that even know it's coming, really throws people off their rhythm
4a+bA - tech trap, sometimes whiff punisher, pretty sick damage from our scrub killer move
66B+G - I rarely find I need to mix up throws, cause the cancel window on this one seems to be rather small
Po 2 - when used during PO rushdown on wakeup, people often get up by reflex (for reasons unknown to me /shrug) and get a PO mixup in their face
4A/6B - round enders that rarely fail me

didnt list asta bullrush because you can only A:6 punish with your back to the wall or ring edge. in open field there is too much pushout so the 2nd and 3rd hits whiff. you only get AA most of the time, if A:6 was consistent the matchup would be much easier.

I have a new list of top 10 I would like to share.

1. A:6
2. A:6
3. A:6
4. A:6
5. A:6
6. A:7 .....no wait...
7. A:6
8. A:6
9. A:6
10. A:6

Those move(s) right there are just amazing for Natsu!

Lol :P

So that A:6 is amazing used as an punisher after blocking attacks from enemies? or are u throwing it out just to poke close enemies?

My Issue with A:6 is I do A:6 but then hit block and I think that cancels my move so then I get pounded. I need to block less

That's a very interesting point HoundDog.
How long do you have after a move string before you can hit "G"?
I never thought about that but perhaps that's why I too have a hit and miss success with such moves during play. It works during practice but then I'm not so guard trigger happy.

if you are doing shitty A6 then you shouldnt really get a guard cancel. if you are trying godlike A:6 then i could see how an early G press would cancel the A into guard. just gotta get out of the habit.

for those that are practicing this i find its better to be late and have a single A come out rather than be early and have A6 come out. work on your timing so that this is what happens and you are very close to being consistent with A:6.

I'm surprised there is no 8A+B on anyones list.

Then again I should know most of these Natsu Noobs would have no Idea how to properly land this move. Does Hella Dmg, can clean hit, BT 8A+B leaves you grounded. Such a great move.

i use a ton of 8A+B actually. the guard damage it does is pretty great and it shrinks your hurttbox in a really strange way while still having a GIANT hitbox itself. ive had quite a few WTF moments where an opponents move goes right through/under me and i go over them and still manage to somehow hit them.

when a new round starts and your opponent goes from yellow to normal or red to yellow a 1 blocked 8A+B is enough to put the pressure back on and 2 blocked means they are about to get their shit broken.

I too like 8A+B but it's not particularly safe. It does take some getting used to to time it and you can miss badly (even ring youself out) but it looks cool. That's what counts .

Hawkeye is using it on his MLG tournament. It takes out sidesteppers and backdashing players. But that horrible block frames are killing so it's a risk reward move. And it is a TC move also.

Back