Natsu's top 10 moves

Is someone going to bring all this great information into one, easily (by me) readable post? Go... I dare you....

Since we all have different opinions of Natsu's best moves right now a legit post might be out of the question. I will, however, be working on a Natsu tutorial video and use 5-6 moves that seems to carry over between all natsu's and why. So far what I've seen that's been carrying over with all Natsu players are:

WR K
6 A+B
AA sequence (whichever one you can think of)
A+B
22_88B
11_77A
4A

This however is subject to change as the game progresses but these have been the trend setters so far.

I'm surprised there's not more people liking PO A:6. It's in like every CH combo she's got.

My favorite non-CH combo right now is A+B, FC A+B, 44KK. It feels unsafe (-12 on block though), but it's a nice little mid-hitting tech jump.

it's the same reason why people are not putting FC A+B, or 3KKK full string... in their top 10 move... because.. .outside of combos the move is used rarely.... moves like 2A/1K/2K imo are far more important than stuff like PO A:6 which basically outside of combos the use is severely limited.

-LAU

Speaking of being able to determine which is her best moves, why isn't her frames on the wiki done up yet ? Are you guys debating on notation or something ?

i think we can use the futurepress frame data except for the obvious mistakes (i.e. B[K]).

Speaking of being able to determine which is her best moves, why isn't her frames on the wiki done up yet ? Are you guys debating on notation or something ?
sembarrassed_100-113.gif

I know. I started, but I haven't kept on it. Darn real life keeps getting in the way.

Hey Wombat, don't take it so hard. We all appreciate the effort (lots). By the way, I'm in total agreement, real life keeps getting the in the way of many things I'd rather be doing.

66B
6A+B4
8KA
WR BBB
1A
88 / 22 B
4B+K, RM K
66 AB
WS AAA
WS B 4A+B

probably not her best moves but they re the ones i use the most since i mostly play for fun and i just like them :)

Those aren't bad. I'd take off WS AAA, because it's really bad on block, and add A+B which is still an awesome move.

1A isn't so great either. It is a good scrub killer, but if you use it against someone good, they'll block and punish you.

iWS AAA fishing for CH is more viable since iWS K is easier to step. I am not sure why I don't see more WS A mix-ups from people. Its been a staple in all of the SC's.

most people are eating the wsaaa when they re ss waiting for the k or they just block my first 2 and i hit them with the third cause they think i wont use it since its unsafe i use 1a mostly on downed opponents waiting for the bomb i guess

The only time I land the last A is either when my opponent doesn't know Natsu, or when they know her so well they think I would never do the last A because of how awful it is. (Or sometimes I'll get a lucky CH).

1A is actually a really good low.
long tech-crouch and good tracking, range and damage.
It also gives RO to Natsu's right, nice in mix-up with 9A mid for the same RO.
Too bad it's horribly unsafe on block.
It's high risk high reward.

Maybe best use would be to evade slow or predictable high attacks.
I also like it in combos.

The only time I land the last A is either when my opponent doesn't know Natsu, or when they know her so well they think I would never do the last A because of how awful it is. (Or sometimes I'll get a lucky CH).

Like when we played! I ate CH WR AAA a few times.
Is there a way to CH confirm the first part like sparkles or anything like that or do you just have to assume?

I saw you in the middle of a move animation as the first A was hitting. I don't think there's any different explosion effect when its a normal hit vs. counter hit.

Yeah, I was just curious... in SCII Xianghua had a very pronounced animation on CH a so I didn't know and hadn't paid too much attention to Natsu's WR a series just because of the whole nerf to a+b

1A is actually a really good low.
long tech-crouch and good tracking, range and damage.
It also gives RO to Natsu's right, nice in mix-up with 9A mid for the same RO.
Too bad it's horribly unsafe on block.
It's high risk high reward.

Maybe best use would be to evade slow or predictable high attacks.
I also like it in combos.
Off of launcher I use it after A+B, can't say I use it much raw due to safety issues. To punish highs I'd rather do a WR k and get big combo. Definitely use it more post patch though, if not for it's bug fix more because I'm forced to after launcher A+B.

Being -26 on guard surely makes 1A very situational.
And not top 10 lol.

Edit: About counter-hit-confirming, looking what your opponent does really helps.
WS AAA is probably impossible to counter-hit-confirm without a visual clue from your opponent like sidestepping into your attack or something.

At least to me at the moment.
Because i have to input WS AAA so fast, if i wait for the CH impact flash from the first A i can't react fast enough to input the last A.
I'll try it again in practice mode though.

Back