New around here...

moonglow

[08] Mercenary
Hey there!

As the topic already says, I'm kinda new here and want to introduce myself in a few words... I played SoulCalibur on a friend's Dreamcast for the first time and rather enjoyed it back then. After a time lead of about 10 years I bought Broken Destiny for PSP and now I've got all installments for PS2, PS3 and - obviously - PSP.

I'm from Germany btw and hope to find some people here to discuss stuff on/of/about the Soul Series and become a part of the community as well.^^

Greetings :)

greetings warrior and welcome to 8WR, we hope your stay is a pleasant one. If you have any questions feel free to ask if you want some games online with SCV add me Dark_Wraith_ZER0

greetings warrior and welcome to 8WR, we hope your stay is a pleasant one. If you have any questions feel free to ask if you want some games online with SCV add me Dark_Wraith_ZER0

Thanks for your reply (the only one so far)^^ - I'll add you asap when playing SCV again...

Hi.

Three golden rules to follow...

1. Practice everyday without neglect.
2. Learn the mechanics.
3. The more you play, the better you'll get. This goes with any game.

Statistics have shown that 50% of the game is losing. Learn to come to terms with that, embrace it, and you'll get past it. Once you have done that, the real learning can begin.

I don't come here anymore, so you just enjoy yourself. Zer0 is an amazing player.

Hi.

Three golden rules to follow...

1. Practice everyday without neglect.
2. Learn the mechanics.
3. The more you play, the better you'll get. This goes with any game.

Statistics have shown that 50% of the game is losing. Learn to come to terms with that, embrace it, and you'll get past it. Once you have done that, the real learning can begin.

I don't come here anymore, so you just enjoy yourself. Zer0 is an amazing player.

Practice and play in your own stride is more important, rather than forcing yourself to play which may contribute to burn-out

Learning the mechanics is important, but again you're not gonna learn these right away...the more you play and more accustomed you become to the game the applications you'll see to use them.

This is very true, a lot of "getting good" comes from grinding it out...but again all in your own time ^^
don't just come to terms and embrace losing...figure out why it is you lost...of course all this in your own time, start small and as you progress you'll be able to advance on your skill...you're not gonna learn everything all at once and neither do we expect people to

Alright, over 100 views and no further reply - interesting... o.O
Hey don't get bothered when people don't response, because they have their own interests and concerns of what to comment on. I was new here with nobody commenting on my thread and profile, but with being online often, exploring the website, sharing my thoughts and opinions on threads at SC Causal. I started to be recognized and well-known as the unofficial Dominic Augustus.

Hey don't get bothered when people don't response, because they have their own interests and concerns of what to comment on. I was new here with nobody commenting on my thread and profile, but with being online often, exploring the website, sharing my thoughts and opinions on threads at SC Causal. I started to be recognized and well-known as the unofficial Dominic Augustus.

Hey, thank you for your nice reply.
Didn't want to arouse huge attention with my thread and my introducing, but I thought there were at least some, 2-3 other people from Europe who could or would reply something, that's it. Felt a bit strange to me that no one replied with some small talk like "Hey, cool... I'm from Europe, too... welcome and so on" except for ZER0's post(s) as I usually experineced some post like those mentioned above in all other communities I'm participating in so far. Tried to share some thoughts on other threads but they seemed to be not worth it to me, at least as the number or dates of the posts suggested. Too bad, but that's what I got as impression from here.

In short, just: thank you. :)

Thanks ZER0 and JTK - my post was just related to some small talk in general, not especially about playing stuff... ;)

Back